GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

heating up in Florida

+7
Number Twenty Nine
PKC
BigRig
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
mattshock
Vandelay
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1heating up in Florida Empty heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

From the ottawa sun:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/24/7512476-sun.html

Bruce makes it sound like we've got a decent chance. The porblem is he also says that the heat is on Martin to get a new #1 center and that, unfortunately is not Vermette. We he's got a thing for Vermette but if a #1 center is needed to get a deal done, it ain't gonna happen with Vermette.

2heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:02 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

His contract status (looming UFA) is going to be a real sticking point if Martin wants anything besides an NHL ready prospect (ala Vermette) and a 1st. Looking at trade deadline deals for players like Campbell and Hossa, I can't see that top line center coming for Bouw unless Florida packages other players in the deal.

3heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:13 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

So do you make the rumored deal with a pending UFA and no contract extension worked out for Vermette + prospect + pick? I just have the feeling that Jaybo isn't going to sign extension, regardless of where he gets dealt...he's looking to test the UFA waters.

4heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I'd rather see Keith Ballard come, than JBO

5heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why Keith Ballard? Is he really that good? Wasn't he part of the Jokinen deal? Why would Florida move a piece they just got in a previous deal so soon after obtaining him?

- Unknown Author

6heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:55 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Vandelay wrote:So do you make the rumored deal with a pending UFA and no contract extension worked out for Vermette + prospect + pick? I just have the feeling that Jaybo isn't going to sign extension, regardless of where he gets dealt...he's looking to test the UFA waters.

At this point, I'd be willing to lose for a CHANCE at signed JayBo to an extension.
He's gotta to be the most "comfortable" players we have, a change a scenery will do him and us wonders....

7heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 am

mattshock wrote:His contract status (looming UFA) is going to be a real sticking point if Martin wants anything besides an NHL ready prospect (ala Vermette) and a 1st. Looking at trade deadline deals for players like Campbell and Hossa, I can't see that top line center coming for Bouw unless Florida packages other players in the deal.
I do it with the 1st round (SJ) pick being conditional on J-Bo resigning.

Vermette + Lee + Conditional pick

No question.

8heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:17 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

That won't look very good on Murray's resume. First Stillman and commodore and then Bouwmester. I guess it all depends where he sees this team going. If he believes we can make a run, then by all means, it's worth it plus that chance we resign. If Jbo walks and we end up missing the playoffs or losing in the playoffs early on, we've lost a good young center, a great young PMD (maybe) and a first round pic to have JayBo for part of a regular season.

9heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree Vandelay. I don't like the risk involved. We'd have to be assured of an extension by being given permission to negotiate ahead of the deal. I'd be willing to sweeten the pot to ensure a longterm extension is part of the deal.

- Unknown Author

10heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

No one can negotiate with him until Jan 1st. So that being a part of the deal is already out of the question.

I'd be willing to move Vermette + prospect + conditional pick for Bouwmeester.

What I'd really be willing to move is Fisher + conditional pick for Bouwmeester + pick

11heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:47 am

PKC wrote:No one can negotiate with him until Jan 1st. So that being a part of the deal is already out of the question.

What I'd really be willing to move is Fisher + conditional pick for Bouwmeester + pick

In a heartbeat. Combine Fisher's injury problems with his struggles this season, and he just isn't worth that cap hit. And we all know how highly Jacques thinks of Fisher. How do we get him to waive though?!

12heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am

PKC wrote:No one can negotiate with him until Jan 1st. So that being a part of the deal is already out of the question.

I'd be more willing to move Vermette than Fisher, although I have no problem moving Fisher, I really want to stop being frustrated about "the potential laden" Antoine Vermette.

13heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's most likely to happen IMO, is that JayBo will fetch a ridiculous offer and Murray will drop out of the bidding.

- Unknown Author

14heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:57 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What's most likely to happen IMO, is that JayBo will fetch a ridiculous offer and Murray will drop out of the bidding.

I think ridiculous bidding is part of being a GM in 2008 unfortunately. You spend moderate money and you end up with a moderate team like ours.....

15heating up in Florida Empty Re: heating up in Florida Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:57 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

There would almost have to be guarantees to sign this guy.

Right now, we're not looking like we're going to make the playoffs. If we deal Vermette and Lee (the minimum that would be asked for IMO), and he doesn't resign, we lose a top prospect and a young NHL ready forward for nothing. It would be a huge step backwards for the organization.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum