GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 33 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 68]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix> HF, eh... Laughing3

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Because SD was trying to wheel and deal for him over at HF.

Notice it wasn't me that started that thread though. There's general rumblings that Doug Wilson missed out on a lot of people this off-season by keeping the club status quo - and a lot of people in SJ aren't pleased.

This is the time for both teams to make a move IMO.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:I dont see how LA doesnt make a serious pitch for Heatley. They have all the tools right now to get this done, cap space, assets, so on. They struck out in a large way during UFA time and watched every team around them get better.

Lombardi better pick up some balls and get something done because that Kings team is going to get trounced in The West, again.

On that note, Diddle Heatley.

Maybe LA really doesn't want Heatley considering his complete lack of character that he has displayed over the last few weeks.

Heatley probably won't make them a better team, the have some good young players in their system, why bargain the future for Heatley?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I dont see how LA doesnt make a serious pitch for Heatley. They have all the tools right now to get this done, cap space, assets, so on. They struck out in a large way during UFA time and watched every team around them get better.

Lombardi better pick up some balls and get something done because that Kings team is going to get trounced in The West, again.

On that note, Diddle Heatley.

Yeah, Lombardi sucked this off-season. He might want to consider growing a set and getting Heatley before SJ does.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:Vancouver has absolutly nothing to offer Ottawa besides Hodgson (who isnt going anywhere). They have a goaltender in Scheinder who is an attractive piece to some teams (not to Ottawa, 4 goalies now) but other then that, they are thin.

The suitors for Heatley are now thinner then they were before and Lombardi seriously better do something or he will just keep collecting those top 4-6 first rounders and get no where. The man is pretty pathetic from a managerial point of view, he is gutless and his teams will always be losers for the simple fact he never does anything to get them over the top.

Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Mitchell...definitely more than nothing

LA at this point is at best 3rd in that division and I would say a healthy Stars team is a lot better then The Kings are at this point. The Yotes are going to be better as well, they added a little leadership on the blueline with Aucion, and havign Jovo there as well, its not a bad situation. That trade for Jokinen helped with their depth. LA might be the worst team in that division.

That being the story in LA, where does that put them in the conferance? 12th, maybe... at best... LA has to do something or soon all those young stars are going to be UFA's that are sick of losing. Frolov is first up.

TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Vancouver has absolutly nothing to offer Ottawa besides Hodgson (who isnt going anywhere). They have a goaltender in Scheinder who is an attractive piece to some teams (not to Ottawa, 4 goalies now) but other then that, they are thin.

The suitors for Heatley are now thinner then they were before and Lombardi seriously better do something or he will just keep collecting those top 4-6 first rounders and get no where. The man is pretty pathetic from a managerial point of view, he is gutless and his teams will always be losers for the simple fact he never does anything to get them over the top.

Kessler isnt going anywhere, Mitchell is not a player The Sens have any need for, Burrows... maybe... Bieksa is a nice player but again, not what Ottawa needs.

Ottawa needs to start growing some depth up front and Vancouver cannot provide that for them unless it is Hodgson.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I can't see LA backtracking from these comments. I realize Hextall is the assistant GM but it sounds fairly decisive. It's Edmonton or bust for Heatley by the look of it.

So what do the Kings think of Heatley?

"If you look at this player's past ... I'm going to spell it out to you as nicely I can," began Hextall, apparently answering a fan's question about Heatley at a Kings State of the Franchise event. "He was in Atlanta, had an unfortunate (automobile) accident there and asked to be traded. OK, given the circumstances -- there was a young man killed -- I can live with that.

"He goes to Ottawa, he's on a pretty good team, they go to the finals, signs a big contract… Bang, all of the sudden now he's got to be traded again. 'Not only do I have to be traded, I have a no-trade clause. I want to pick where I'm going to go.' Well, there are some issues there."

But Hextall, an old-time player at heart, wasn't done ripping Dany a new one. His team had talked about making a run at Heatley, and it's pretty clear which side of the discussion Hextall held up.

"He had problems with his coach in Atlanta," Hextall continued. "My understanding is he had problems with Craig Hartsburg at the start of last year in Ottawa, and he had problems with … Cory Clouston. Three coaches, he's had a problem with.

"That raises huge red flags for us."

Before he was done, Hextall admitted that the Kings' "No. 1 need is clearly a high scoring left winger."

But they wouldn't touch Heatley with a 10-foot pole.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/02/spector_heatley/

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

Kessler isnt going anywhere, Mitchell is not a player The Sens have any need for, Burrows... maybe... Bieksa is a nice player but again, not what Ottawa needs.

Ottawa needs to start growing some depth up front and Vancouver cannot provide that for them unless it is Hodgson.

Kesler probably will not be traded but he isn't exactly untouchable. At any rate they definitely have more than nothing to offer

Kesler is untouchable in a deal for Heatley.

They have nothing Ottawa needs.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

strachattack wrote:I can't see LA backtracking from these comments. I realize Hextall is the assistant GM but it sounds fairly decisive. It's Edmonton or bust for Heatley by the look of it.

"If you look at this player's past ... I'm going to spell it out to you as nicely I can," began Hextall, apparently answering a fan's question about Heatley at a Kings State of the Franchise event. "He was in Atlanta, had an unfortunate (automobile) accident there and asked to be traded. OK, given the circumstances -- there was a young man killed -- I can live with that.

"He goes to Ottawa, he's on a pretty good team, they go to the finals, signs a big contract… Bang, all of the sudden now he's got to be traded again. 'Not only do I have to be traded, I have a no-trade clause. I want to pick where I'm going to go.' Well, there are some issues there."

But Hextall, an old-time player at heart, wasn't done ripping Dany a new one. His team had talked about making a run at Heatley, and it's pretty clear which side of the discussion Hextall held up.

"He had problems with his coach in Atlanta," Hextall continued. "My understanding is he had problems with Craig Hartsburg at the start of last year in Ottawa, and he had problems with … Cory Clouston. Three coaches, he's had a problem with.

Before he was done, Hextall admitted that the Kings' "No. 1 need is clearly a high scoring left winger."

Heatley should fly to LA and try to convince Hextall to take a chance on him, after Ron tells him to Diddle off he will know how Lowe, Tambellini felt

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

There you have it, it's Edmonton or bust for Smeatley! No one else wants you.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:Kesler is untouchable in a deal for Heatley.

There are only a handful of players that are untouchable in this league, Kesler is not one of them.

So we are a bottom cellar team and they are a very solid team yet they could not offer anything we need...ridiculous statement!

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I'm sure most of you are sick of this on going issue but i'm still baffled at how poorly Heatley and his agents dealt with this.

Is Heatley this dumb? Even if that's the case his agents should have known better. Perhaps he's so clouded up there in his ivory tower he didn't realize that the math of the cap era might play a role in diminishing other's interest in him? Even if he's not good at math didn't he realize by going public with this it could tarnish his character and thus diminish interest from other teams. Are his agents merely "yes men" much like handlers of an aging rockstar with a bloated ego?

Common sense would dictate that you don't go public with a trade request until it's absolutely necessary. If he kept it quiet we would be no worse off for it right now. Even if Murray and Heatley couldn't find a good deal he could have come back to the Sens and bided his time until a deal eventually came about. Much like the Corvo situation. This would have also provided Murray time to create a new game plan without Heatley in the picture. Not to mention he could have played a greater role in the UFA market. Of course, alternatively sooner or later Heatley would have achieved the trade he was hoping to get without being looked at as a villain.

I still find this whole situation a real downer and puts a really dark cloud on next season just when I started to see some hope for the future.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:I can't see LA backtracking from these comments. I realize Hextall is the assistant GM but it sounds fairly decisive. It's Edmonton or bust for Heatley by the look of it.

Wow, is that article bias much??? Spector was probably afraid of writing the real transcript, here it is:

"I don't like saying anything bad about players, but I'm going to spell it out to you as nicely as I can. He was in Atlanta, he had an unfortunate accident there and he asked to be traded. Alright, given the circumstances, there was a young man killed ... I can live with that.

"He goes to Ottawa, he's on a pretty good team, they go to the finals. Signs a big contract and bang, now all of a sudden he need to be traded again. Not only do I want to be traded, I have a no-trade clause, I wanna pick where I'm gonna go. Well, there's some issues there. He had problems with his coach in Atlanta. My understanding is that he problems with Craig Hartsburg at the start of last year in
Ottawa. And he had problems with a guy who got hired halfway through the year, Cory Clouston. So all of a sudden now three coaches he's had a problem with. That raises huge red flags for us. As much as he is a great fit for us, a high scoring left winger. That's exactly what we feel we need, and i'm sure all you people do to. There's no secret that when we look at our depth chart, and we look at our number 1 need, it is clearly a high scoring Left Winger. So that is clearly what we are
after. If Dany Heatley is a right fit or not, i'm not sure.

The second part to that would be Dany heatley would cost a huge price in terms of young prospects and young players. Are we willing to give up 2,3,4 young prospects and players including the hefty contract that comes with it?? I doubt it."

Now it's not great, but it's clearly not as bad as Mark Spector made it out to be. The only bad thing that Hextall says is that Heatley went through three coaches and that raises huge red flags. Red flags are notifications, they aren't stop signs. They aren't even buyer beware signs. They are, this needs some clarification signs.

TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Kesler is untouchable in a deal for Heatley.

There are only a handful of players that are untouchable in this league, Kesler is not one of them.

So we are a bottom cellar team and they are a very solid team yet they could not offer anything we need...ridiculous statement!

Ya, there is a reason they are a solid team and we are a bottom feeder.

Anyways I know you like to challenge my opinion but face it buddy, you have nothing here and probably know less about The Canucks then you do The Sens.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

^^ True enough ^^

However, if I were a King's fan who just found out they acquired Heatley in a trade I would want my GM to explain in very real terms what it was that calmed their concerns. That's some pretty strong language to use. If I had the smallest idea of dealing for him I would have chosen my words alot more carefully than that knowing full well they could be used against me after the deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Basically Hextall is mentally challenged. That's the long and the short of those remarks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum