GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36 ... 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 68]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
For a goal-scorer like Heatley, 7.5 on the cap isn't that bad. Frankly, in real dollars, he could be a bargain for a potential suitor as well.

To me, he is a bargain. You know what you're getting, you know what he can do, he brings in marquee value, he's going to the Olympics, probably the All-Star game.

To me, this is the guy for a team who wants marquee value/player - like Edmonton.

Heatley really put the sens in jam ... trading a player under these conditions will only result in Ottawa getting the shorter end of the stick.

Tx Dany.

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
For a goal-scorer like Heatley, 7.5 on the cap isn't that bad. Frankly, in real dollars, he could be a bargain for a potential suitor as well.

To me, he is a bargain. You know what you're getting, you know what he can do, he brings in marquee value, he's going to the Olympics, probably the All-Star game.

To me, this is the guy for a team who wants marquee value/player - like Edmonton.

I don't think he'll be at the Olympics if it gets to the point he sits out for an extended period of time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:Heatley really put the sens in jam ... trading a player under these conditions will only result in Ottawa getting the shorter end of the stick.

Tx Dany.

As long as we get 1 BLUE chip prospect, 1 serviceable winger with 25-30 goal potential and a 1st round pick that doesn't suck Donkey, I'll say that getting rid of a quitter/bitch/loser and gaining 7.5 million in cap space is reward enough.

But...that's just me. I like cap space. Big fan. cool)

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Heatley really put the sens in jam ... trading a player under these conditions will only result in Ottawa getting the shorter end of the stick.

Tx Dany.

As long as we get 1 BLUE chip prospect, 1 serviceable winger with 25-30 goal potential and a 1st round pick that doesn't suck Donkey, I'll say that getting rid of a quitter/bitch/loser and gaining 7.5 million in cap space is reward enough.

Cap space is only valuable if you can entice free agents. And even then, it's only good if you can entice them to a contract that isn't ridiculous.

SpezDispenser wrote:

Tx Dany.

Mr. no class Dany Heatley ......

That would certainly work. I would also like to see a 1 for 1 deal. A fifty goal scorer for a fifty goal scorer. Much like how they got him, heatley for hossa.

I certainly don't want hossa back, but i still can't really think of a movable player that could be dealt in this way ... camalerri out of the question .... maybe a Kopitar or a Kane ......

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Cap space is only valuable if you can entice free agents. And even then, it's only good if you can entice them to a contract that isn't ridiculous.

What?

What about the teams who are up against the cap and need to start trading quality players? What about just trades in general, a team doesn't think they can win with Player X at 5 million, but can't take more than 2 million back. We love Player X and decide to take the risk on it. What would happen if we had no cap space?

What about having the flexibility to add two quality players at 4 million each instead of one at 7.5? What about guys like Foligno etc. who are worth having in this organization and will get a raise?

Cap space is by far the most powerful tool.

The only drawback for some teams is their internal caps - which we don't have.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:
Mr. no class Dany Heatley ......

That would certainly work. I would also like to see a 1 for 1 deal. A fifty goal scorer for a fifty goal scorer. Much like how they got him, heatley for hossa.

I certainly don't want hossa back, but i still can't really think of a movable player that could be dealt in this way ... camalerri out of the question .... maybe a Kopitar or a Kane ......

I could go for a one for one as well, but I think it would have to be for a bonafide number one D-man - if anything. Not sure who (Markov Smile ), but it would have to be someone significant.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Tampa is in a cash crunch and having Dany Heatley for 4-million bucks may be very attractive...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Tampa is in a cash crunch and having Dany Heatley for 4-million bucks may be very attractive...

The phrase 'don't know your arse from your elbow' was coined just for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Tampa is in a cash crunch and having Dany Heatley for 4-million bucks may be very attractive...

The phrase 'don't know your arse from your elbow' was coined just for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Brian Lawton looks like a kook (with a stylist).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Brian Lawton looks like a kook (with a stylist).

He looks like a SNL skit character.

Tampa Bay is the joke of the league, the only one happy about them is Charles Wang, for obvious reasons...

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:
Mojo wrote:
davetherave wrote: Just asking the questions more than a few of us are asking...

When the highest paid player in the NHL last year demands a trade and it is played out in such a public and contentious fashion, it's not 'something out of nothing'.

It's a major event.

If you know anything about the conflicts--and nasty doesn't even begin to describe some of them--that have marred the history of labour relations in the NHL, you understand this.

"Net Worth" by David Cruise and Alison Griffiths is recommended reading for anyone who wants to know just how nasty it has been. Even given the fact this book was written in 1991, it remains the point of reference for hockey journalists who examine the business side of the NHL.

If the current situation escalates--and no one knows yet if it will--the ability of teams to secure their talent is, in principle, thrown completely into question.

It will also be interesting to see, should the situation arrive at an impasse, whether the NHLPA would intervene.

Could Heatley decide to 'sit out' the 2009-10 season? Return to Russia and the KHL where he played for Ak-Bars Kazan during the lockout? The Swiss League? All are possibilities.

Many questions...

I see you managed to detract from my questions and instead talk about something else. Are you sure you're not a politician?

I'll repeat myself: Have you heard any hint from the Sens' organization that suggests they are even considering taking legal action? Is there any precedent in all of professional sports that suggests the Sens would have a legal leg to stand on if they desired this route?

If your answer is no to either of these questions, then yes, you are making something out of nothing.

Mojo, many people are asking a lot of questions, including the ones you raised, which can only be answered by those in a position to do so.

If you prefer to believe this is 'something out of nothing', then you are entitled to your opinion.

Others are entitled to their opinions, and we are all entitled--whether that pleases you or not--to ask the questions.

Given the intense interest in this topic not only in this forum, but from what we hear and read in this city, among a large proportion of the hockey fan base, those asking questions far outnumber you.

And the questions will continue until the situation is resolved, for all the reasons cited.

A hockey player pockets $10 million dollars from a team with an additional $4 million payment pending, while he demands his ticket out of the town to the destination of his choice. That kind of situation raises a lot of questions.

Doesn't it?

So I'm guessing you don't have an answer then. Sure you are entitled to ask questions, but I have asked you twice now if you have any specific reason to ask those questions in this case, and you have no answer. You just defer the topic slightly. To me it sounds like you are discussing very unlikely situations as if they were true without any evidence.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

For sure there are interesting issues at hand here. I think it would be foolish but economically feasible to trade him right away. Foolish as the return will be less than Heater's value, but economically feasible because for how long would Melnyk support paying Heatley 8 million bucks to sit on his couch at home.

I think for sure there will be no type of legal action either by the team or by Dany Heatley. The contract he signed was done so in good faith, with no duress. This is not a variance on his contract. It's a hockey trade that is being requested, not a contestation of a clause in his contract.

He doesn't want to play here anymore. Unfortunately for him, his contract states that he is contractually obligated to play here for the next 5 (?) years. Provided B Murray keeps signing his paychecks, there really is no issue at hand at all.

If he fails to show up, THEN this could get messy, as THEN he would be in breach of contract and subject to penalty (perhaps withholding a portion of his ginormous salary).

On the hockey side, Heatley would be foolish to block a good trade from happening, unless he truly couldn't give a rat's a$$ about playing hockey. He does have this season to show himself to Yzerman and get his name on a Team Canada Jersey for next year.

IMO he'll be moved as this team has a lot of ground to regain and Murray and Clouston will fill out the team with players who want to play and most importantly, want to play HERE.

It was mentioned here something about creating a precedent for future players. There always have been and will continue to be malcontents who tire of a team during their contract term. Some get moved, others suck it up and play out their contract.

You can request a trade all you want, but it then becomes about the GM deciding to grant you your request. Pure and simple.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Mojo wrote:

So I'm guessing you don't have an answer then. Sure you are entitled to ask questions, but I have asked you twice now if you have any specific reason to ask those questions in this case, and you have no answer. You just defer the topic slightly. To me it sounds like you are discussing very unlikely situations as if they were true without any evidence.

Mojo:

If you don't like DTR's posts, why don't you just read past them? To me he's asking the right questions. If you don't like the questions, there are a lot of other topics on this forum that you might find interesting ... Wink

Cheers!
TA

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

On a different note, did anyone catch the whole press conference on Rogers last night?

This Erin Crowe chick must have a hell of a brain, because she sure can't talk to the media.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

What would you say to Weiss, bargaining rights to JAybo, Campbell and a draft pick

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum