GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+28
Hoags
wprager
spader
Riprock
Flo The Action
tim1_2
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Hobiesens
Ev
MsConduct10
dennycrane
SDH89
SensHulk
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
Bramlet07
caissie_1
Hayden
ferret
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:00 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The second 'm' is silent?

Laughing3

977Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:05 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Congratulations to the Blue Jays for making the Leafs drought look even worse.

978Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:26 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now we have to focus on KC. We have the tie breaker and KC needs to make up 1 1/2 games on us in the final 4 games.

Magic number is 3 to clinch the AL I think.

979Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If we can clinch the AL, we would theoretically have home field all playoffs because of the AL all star team winning.

Of course...we would have to win series for that to matter...

980Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You keep saying "we" about a Toronto-based team.

That was really dumb having the makeup double header when they were one away from clinching. They would have had a chance at winning the second game if they were not thinking of celebrating. Then their magic number for tops in the league would have been down to 2.

981Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:You keep saying "we" about a Toronto-based team.

That was really dumb having the makeup double header when they were one away from clinching.  They would have had a chance at winning the second game if they were not thinking of celebrating.  Then their magic number for tops in the league would have been down to 2.

It was ridiculous and compounded by the fact that they play in 30 minutes.

982Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jays will choke first round. The divison was their world series.

983Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Jays will choke first round. The divison was their world series.

Ahhhhh! Why bother even playing?

984Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

Ahhhhh!  Why bother even playing?

they will be facing Mike Trout, the best player in the game and the real MVP of the AL.

985Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

That was really dumb having the makeup double header when they were one away from clinching.  They would have had a chance at winning the second game if they were not thinking of celebrating.  Then their magic number for tops in the league would have been down to 2.

There was no way around it. I'd rather they play a silly double-header than tack an extra game on the end of the schedule and potentially mess with the pitching rotation going into game 1 of the first playoff series.

986Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

they will be facing Mike Trout, the best player in the game and the  real MVP of the AL.

Ahhhhh! It's a 50-50 on who it'll be. And the real MVP? Are you for real? Ahhhhh!

987Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

There was no way around it.  I'd rather they play a silly double-header than tack an extra game on the end of the schedule and potentially mess with the pitching rotation going into game 1 of the first playoff series.

They should have trotted Hutch out last night. Not sure why they pitched Dickey in that scenario, but w/e.

988Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

There was no way around it.  I'd rather they play a silly double-header than tack an extra game on the end of the schedule and potentially mess with the pitching rotation going into game 1 of the first playoff series.

They should have trotted Hutch out last night.  Not sure why they pitched Dickey in that scenario, but w/e.

They stick with the established rotation whenever possible, and it was Dickey's turn. As long as they can line up Price to start Game 1 of the playoffs, that's what matters.

989Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

They should have trotted Hutch out last night.  Not sure why they pitched Dickey in that scenario, but w/e.

They stick with the established rotation whenever possible, and it was Dickey's turn. As long as they can line up Price to start Game 1 of the playoffs, that's what matters.

They trotted Hutch out today and he's being gently molested. Man, he sucks sooooo hard.

990Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

they will be facing Mike Trout, the best player in the game and the  real MVP of the AL.

Ahhhhh! It's a 50-50 on who it'll be.  And the real MVP?  Are you for real?  Ahhhhh!

many people are saying Trout should be MVP

991Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Ahhhhh! It's a 50-50 on who it'll be.  And the real MVP?  Are you for real?  Ahhhhh!

many people are saying Trout should be MVP

Pfft, yeah right.

992Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

They are playing the Orioles today. Right now, in fact. They should have made the double-header today (if they won game one yesterday).

993Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Just Ev being Ev.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum