GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY MAY 22, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL--DETROIT AT CHICAGO, 800PM ET/7PM CHICAGO

+4
SensFan71
wprager
shabbs
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oh, my.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Not barbecue, you insensitive clod Sad The boys are watching Star Trek with the mom downstairs, the girls are watching "Franklin" up here with me. I just "watch" the Game Summary auto-refresh every minute.
I grilled up some striploin steaks and steak shish kabobs tonight... damn I love meat.

We has the strip loin last night. Used the barbecue first time this season. Didn't follow your instructions and overcooked. Not too much, but enough.

Tonight's nachos.

Wife bought me a brand new outside cooker last week-end. It's fricking amazing. I cooked the best roast ever in it last week. check it out www.biggreenegg.ca.

Can't believe Detroit came back from 3-0 to make it even.

I've heard about those. Must be expensive if I can't even find a price online Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We got a game!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

HAWKS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:%%: :%%: :%%: :%%:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:%%:

We have a series!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A dramatic win. In true Blackhawk style...

:##: :##: :##: :##:

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote::%%:

We have a series!

YAHOO!!!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

These kids never quit...and the Hawks fans love 'em...

GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY MAY 22, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL--DETROIT AT CHICAGO, 800PM ET/7PM CHICAGO - Page 5 Nhl_g_11

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:These kids never quit...and the Hawks fans love 'em...

Umm, excuse me? With all the penalties handed to them in the first, to say nothing of Kronwall getting kicked out of the game early, the Hawks flew out to a 3-0 lead. Then they blews that lead in under 5 minutes at the end of the second. You could argue that they *did* quit, as in quite trying to get more. Detroit would be the one who "never quit", making a game of it after that 0-3 start.

And speaking of quitting, was Khabibulin pulling a Hasek there?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the hit on Havlat. First, it was not interference. Havlat had already touched the puck with his feet. It was a perfectly well-timed hit, he stayed on his feet, no elbows. Like Neil's hit on Drury, according to league rules there should not have been a penalty. To give him a major and a game was absolutely ridiculous. That call directly led to the first two goals and removed one of the Wings' top defensemen from the rest of the contest. To say that the refs handed this game to the Hawks would not be an understatement. But that's OK, with me. I picked Detroit in 6 so I'm now one game closer to those bonus points Smile

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hey Prager, we all know by now you don't actually watch the games...you just check out the highlights on your Crackberry while doing your thing on the BBQ.

Must be tough flippin' those burgers one-handed...don't burn your meat, eh.

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We have a series...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Hey Prager, we all know by now you don't actually watch the games...you just check out the highlights on your Crackberry while doing your thing on the BBQ.

Must be tough flippin' those burgers one-handed...don't burn your meat, eh.

Wink

Dave, the simple fact of the matter is that I've got 4 kids in two age-zones (12/11 and 2 6s) and 2 TVs. By the time the kids are all brushed, flossed, de-wormed and put to bed it's usually around 9:30, so I got to watch some of the third period plus the OT. Last night was nachos night, so no burgers (in fact, I ran out of gas when trying to grill some dogs/sausages for the kids' supper -- no flipping for me until I mosey on down to Costco). And I could only *wish* to have a Crackberry (but I would probably b*tch and moan about the cost of the data plan anyway). Now, RIM is expanding in Kanata and perhaps I could land me a job there -- until then, no *ackberry for me.

Now about that previous comment, I have obviously messed up the penalties. It was the double minor for highsticking that the Hawks scored on, not the Kronwall major. Still, losing Kronwall for the rest of the game did not help.

Game 3 is in the books. I still think the refs blew that call and I would be just as shocked as Babcock said he was if there was a suspension (unless, of course, the suspension is to the ref who made that call).

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Not barbecue, you insensitive clod Sad The boys are watching Star Trek with the mom downstairs, the girls are watching "Franklin" up here with me. I just "watch" the Game Summary auto-refresh every minute.
I grilled up some striploin steaks and steak shish kabobs tonight... damn I love meat.

We has the strip loin last night. Used the barbecue first time this season. Didn't follow your instructions and overcooked. Not too much, but enough.

Tonight's nachos.

Wife bought me a brand new outside cooker last week-end. It's fricking amazing. I cooked the best roast ever in it last week. check it out www.biggreenegg.ca.

Can't believe Detroit came back from 3-0 to make it even.

I've heard about those. Must be expensive if I can't even find a price online Smile

Let's just say that my wife is going on a cruise with her sister in the fall. The green egg will just about even things out Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:Let's just say that my wife is going on a cruise with her sister in the fall. The green egg will just about even things out Wink
Sweet stuff man, it's a grill, smoker and oven all in one. Very nice! You'll have to give us the details on how it goes cooking with it.

What size did you get? I see it goes from mini to extra-large.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Let's just say that my wife is going on a cruise with her sister in the fall. The green egg will just about even things out Wink
Sweet stuff man, it's a grill, smoker and oven all in one. Very nice! You'll have to give us the details on how it goes cooking with it.

Do a YouTube search and you'll see several deomstrations. Smoked brisket. Mmmmm! :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Do a YouTube search and you'll see several deomstrations. Smoked brisket. Mmmmm! :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Maybe I'll host a GMHockey BBQ this summer; anybody interested?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum