GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCP '09 GAME DAY: SUNDAY MAY 10--ANAHEIM AT DETROIT, 5PM ET

+2
shabbs
davetherave
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

The Cup still goes through Detroit.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Final shot-count: Wings 36, Ducks 16.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:Final shot-count: Wings 36, Ducks 16.
That pretty much sums it up!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the wings out played the ducks won more faceoffs out hit out shot had more takeaways and completely had the ducks if not for hiller the game would have been out of hand very early

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:The Cup still goes through Detroit.

No question about that...the Red Wings played 'Red Wing Hockey' today...and when they do that, as Ken Hitchc0ck said...they are almost impossible to beat.

A few notes I took:

--Getzlaf, it was said several times by the RDS crew (Casavant/Flynn) appears to be playing with some kind of injury...or perhaps it IS the flu as Carlyle claimed. Getz seemed to lack body strength and his energy was intermittent.

--Wings got a break on Helm's goal...Cleary was in the crease and interfering with Hiller...but that's payback, eh...remembering the disallowed tally in Game Three.

--being outshot SO dramatically (38-17, with just five SOGs in the first and 3 in the third) doesn't help the Ducks. Hiller played extremely well but you can only hold off the Red Machine so long.

Wings could take it at The Pond...but this still could end up going back to The Joe for a seventh.

Great hockey game!
:##: :##: :##: :##: :##:

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:

No question about that...the Red Wings played 'Red Wing Hockey' today...and when they do that, as Ken Hitchc0ck said...they are almost impossible to beat.

A few notes I took:

--Getzlaf, it was said several times by the RDS crew (Casavant/Flynn) appears to be playing with some kind of injury...or perhaps it IS the flu as Carlyle claimed. Getz seemed to lack body strength and his energy was intermittent.

--Wings got a break on Helm's goal...Cleary was in the crease and interfering with Hiller...but that's payback, eh...remembering the disallowed tally in Game Three.

--being outshot SO dramatically (38-17, with just five SOGs in the first and 3 in the third) doesn't help the Ducks. Hiller played extremely well but you can only hold off the Red Machine so long.

Wings could take it at The Pond...but this still could end up going back to The Joe for a seventh.

Great hockey game!

Hockey Karma maybe it always evens itself out

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

A few notes I took:

Great hockey game!

Hockey Karma maybe it always evens itself out

Yeah. Three posts for the Wings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, I need the six for the two bonus points to stay ahead of the pack. They're nipping at my heels, what with picking Vancouver and Boston I need all the bonus points I can get.

Mind you, Vancouver can still push it to seven and then, who knows. And I can't believe Boston will simply roll over and play golf. There's got to be some fight left in the bear.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Detroit is in full control...

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the ducks arent dead yet and they still have some bite left

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Detroit is in full control...

And is proving that winning hockey can still be watchable.

Nothing against dump and chase, trench warfare hockey, but watching the Wings is much more exciting.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Full control? :KJK:

One game up as they go back to the Ducks' rink.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:

Nothing against dump and chase, trench warfare hockey, but watching the Wings is much more exciting.

ASQ...you're a Red Wings fan. Come on. Admit it. Nothing wrong.

Put that red jersey on.

Wink

Stevie Y will thank you.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the wiz looked a little shakey today or a little too cautious or something definitely not yet 1005 but you have to make sacrifices in the playoffs

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

ASQ...you're a Red Wings fan. Come on. Admit it. Nothing wrong.

Put that red jersey on.

Wink

Stevie Y will thank you.

You think I haven't tried? I can't for the life of me figure out how to change my favourite team listing. Crying

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

And also, DTR, let it be known that I'm cheering for the 'Hawks in the other series.

'Hawks - 'Wings is second only to Caps - Pens in terms of dream NHL match-ups this post-season IMO.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:And also, DTR, let it be known that I'm cheering for the 'Hawks in the other series.

'Hawks - 'Wings is second only to Caps - Pens in terms of dream NHL match-ups this post-season IMO.

Red Wings-Blackhawks would be S=W=E=E=T.

:D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

PS re: changing your team preference to Detroit, have you tried accessing it in "My Profile"? If you have trouble, suggest you PM Clutchie or Heater...

Wings are the thing...!

Cheers

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:PS re: changing your team preference to Detroit, have you tried accessing it in "My Profile"? If you have trouble, suggest you PM Clutchie or Heater...
Oddly enough, it's not available to change in your profile settings. I checked mine to confirm.

Strange...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum