GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:How bout Kane? He seemed to be pretty lost out there until last night, IMO.

Hmm...not sure about that one...8 goals in 11 games in the playoffs so far.

cool)

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:I love these guys. Really, I do. I appreciate what these guys bring - and find myself cheering for them when they make an impact.

Which guys are you talking about? The Hawks?

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:How bout Kane? He seemed to be pretty lost out there until last night, IMO.

Hmm...not sure about that one...8 goals in 11 games in the playoffs so far.

cool)

Facepalm Oh, I didn't realize. I didn't think he was doing THAT well. He's freaking amazing regardless. I just thought that he was being pretty quiet (for Kane) until last night.

What a great player he is, first hat trick for a Hawk in how long? Since 75 or something ridiculous.

Very heroic.

I love this Hawks team, there isn't 1 person I can think of that I don't like on that team. I really hope they can take it all this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I love these guys. Really, I do. I appreciate what these guys bring - and find myself cheering for them when they make an impact.

Which guys are you talking about? The Hawks?

Guys like Ben Eager, Burish, Hordichuk, S.Thornton. The energy 4th liners who contribute from time to time.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Former 'Cane (drafted by the Whalers) and Hawk--and Cup winner--Craig Adams...whose goal started the Caps' collapse...

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Craig_10

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Difficult to imagine two players more worthy of being 'Unsung Playoff Heroes' than tonight's Game Seven game winning goal scorers...Detroit's Dan Cleary and Carolina's Scott Walker.

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Cleary10

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Walker10

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Dan Cleary: Not Just A Playoff +/- Leader, But A Study in Perseverance

KUKLASKORNER.COM/PuckStopsHere 05/24/09

The playoff +/- leader is Daniel Cleary of the Detroit Red Wings. His +15 rating in only 14 games gives him a surprisingly big lead.

He is three points ahead of Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins and four points ahead of teammate Henrik Zetterberg (who has the second highest +/- rating among players still in the playoffs).

Cleary has had a good playoff so far. His thirteen points place him third on the Detroit Red Wings in scoring.

That is not bad for a guy who at one time looked like he would be one of the biggest failed prospects in history.

At age 16 when he entered the OHL, he was expected to be the first overall pick in the 1997 NHL draft. He had almost as much hype surrounding him as Eric Lindros or Sidney Crosby when they started their junior careers.

It quickly wasn’t to be. Cleary was not mature enough to live up to his expectations. He had a DUI arrest while still 16 years old and was cut from the Canadian team in the World Junior Championships (coached at the time by Mike Babc0ck).

When he came eligible for the NHL draft, he was chosen thirteenth overall by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Everyone knew he had potential, but it looked like a good bet that he wouldn’t manage to jump to NHL stardom.

His NHL career did not begin successfully. He had failed stints in Chicago, Edmonton and Phoenix and almost played himself out of the league.

The Detroit Red Wings gave him what looked like his last chance to have an NHL career. His first season in Detroit (2005/06) did not go to well. He scored only three goals and 15 points in 77 games. However, from that point on Cleary has odne better.

Cleary has become a reliable depth player on the Wings who can score about 40 points a year and be relied upon in defensive situations. He is playing quite well in the 2009 playoffs.

Daniel Cleary has been one of the better Detroit forwards in the 2009 playoffs. He has a large lead in playoff +/- (though he is not playing the toughest calibre of opponents). He is scoring pretty well.

Cleary will never become the superstar that he was once projected to become, but he has become a pretty good NHL player.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Any other players stand out as "Sudden/Unsung Heroes" as we edge towards the Stanley Cup Finals?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Maxime Talbot is known as a checking forward...but his goal fluttering past Cam Ward's glove put the kibosh on a Canes comeback against the Pingu Posse...

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Maxime10

Ladies' man Max may also be motivated by the thought of Hollywood hottie Hayden Panettiere getting up close and personal with the Cup...

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Hayden10

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Young Justin Abdelkader becomes another Sudden Unsung Playoff Hero as he jumps from Michigan State (via the Grand Rapids Griffins) to play for this hometown heroes, scoring his first ever NHL goal in a Stanley Cup playoff game...that proves to seal the deal for the Wings in their first game of the 2009 rematch against the Penguins.

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Large_10

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And Mr Abdelkader does it again!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Maxime Talbot is known as a checking forward...but his goal fluttering past Cam Ward's glove put the kibosh on a Canes comeback against the Pingu Posse...

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Maxime10

Ladies' man Max may also be motivated by the thought of Hollywood hottie Hayden Panettiere getting up close and personal with the Cup...

The Glory of 'Sudden Heroes' in Playoff Hockey - Page 2 Hayden10

With his two goals that clipped the Wings last night, is Mad Max becoming the Pingu Posse's answer to Dandy Dan Cleary?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's dirty Hayden. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

Dirty little monkey. :pirat:

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:That's dirty Hayden. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

Dirty little monkey. :pirat:

And what could be more motivating that that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum