GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff Surprises So Far...

+6
SensFan71
LeCaptain
PKC
SensGirl11
davetherave
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's a thread to toss names or things that have happened in that surprise or even shock ( :****: ) you!

Here are some from me to kick it off:

-Scott Neidermayer is once again the best D-man in the league

-Duncan Keith might be the heir apparent to Lidstrom (and I don't take that lightly).

-Pronger hates everyone - and that's what's need for the Ducks to advance

-Montreal sucks Sarcasm

-The Sharks

-The Ducks

-Claude Giroux

2Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Caps crumbling in Washington.

Vancouver dominating the Blues (so far).

Anaheim taking BOTH of the opening pair in San Jose, and Jonas Hiller's dominance in net.

3Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Caps crumbing is a good one.

4Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:19 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

My surprises are:

For Sucking

The Sharks

The Caps

The Flyers (Even though they've won a game, I thought they'd bring the series to 7 games, they still have a chance to do it)

The Canes (I was sure they were going to beat the Devils in 5 or 6 games, they were sooooo hot coming in and the Devils were soooooo cold)

The Flames (WOAH! Talk about sucking it up and losing the chemistry with Jokinen at the WRONG time)

For being good

The Rangers (I know they have Lundqvist, but their D was brutal this year and I thought it would sink them)

The Devils (Who would've thunk they'd be this good? Besides 504Heater)

The Ducks (WHAT?!! They have a 2-0 lead on the Sharks, REALLY?!!!)

I don't think I forgot anything here...

Hiller is definitely a HUGE surprise as well, talk about composure!

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Flames have been listless as well. Surprising...

6Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Ovechkin being invisible

7Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ovechkin came onto the bench to watch the Rangers practice today and was told to leave.

WTF is going on Ovie? What's happening.

I tell you one thing: this series is not over - and it's over to you now.

8Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:41 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Biggest surprise so far has to be Jonas Hiller.

9Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm

lots of people knew how talented Hiller was, just not that he could do this much.

10Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:The Flames have been listless as well. Surprising...

OOOPPPSS I put the Flames in the being good section by accident. Facepalm

11Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Ovechkin came onto the bench to watch the Rangers practice today and was told to leave.

WTF is going on Ovie? What's happening.

I tell you one thing: this series is not over - and it's over to you now.

I don't know what's wrong, but it's not for lack of trying for him, IMO. He's had how many shots in these 2 games? 24 or something? Ridiculous, he needs to solve Lundqvist and quick!

12Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle. Donkey.

Wade Redden and Roszival.

13Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Ovechkin being invisible

More like too visible, for the wrong reasons...

14Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Ovechkin being invisible

More like too visible, for the wrong reasons...

been a tough playoff for all those offensive stars, where is Fedorov to calm them down and get them playing well again?

15Playoff Surprises So Far... Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Rangers up 2-0 over the Caps. I didn't think the Caps were Cup bound but I thought they could handle the Rangers with ease despite Lundvquist.

I guess i'm also surprised the Sharks are down 2-0. I thought it would be a tough series but I thought they would have won one at home.

Does this series remind you of watching the Sens play the Ducks a bit? I HATE the Ducks and have never gotten over losing the cup to them and I find my gut churning watching this series. It's bringing back a flood of negative feelings. The Ducks simply don't allow second chances and are all over the few rebounds Hiller lets out. SJ's taken alot of shots but from very safe distances. It also reminds me of when the Sens would out play, out shoot the Leafs and Belfour would shut the door. The Sens would play perimeter hockey. I feel for Shark fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum