GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff Surprises So Far...

+6
SensFan71
LeCaptain
PKC
SensGirl11
davetherave
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:I am becoming more and more certain that as far of far as your last sentence goes, I think that ship has sailed my friend. I'm not saying the damage the city, coaching decisions and general pressure from the fans and media are irreperable, but they've certainly left him scarred.

Nothing a carton of Mark Ten's can't fix.

47Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:I am becoming more and more certain that as far of far as your last sentence goes, I think that ship has sailed my friend. I'm not saying the damage the city, coaching decisions and general pressure from the fans and media are irreperable, but they've certainly left him scarred.

Possibly yeah.

48Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Montreal is a city that has been known to chase goalies out or cause them to leave. Roy (he left), Theodore (forced to go), there may be a few more examples, maybe even Huet (traded on a whim or after a bad rollie, not sure what), but wow, Montreal is tough on goalies.

49Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

DEAR GOD!! HE smokes Mark Tens?!?!
MAn, I had him pegged as a DuMaurier, JPS or depending on how strong a Quebec influence played, Export "A" Green UNFILTERED... LOL

My uncle STILL smokes those. Seriously, how he hasn't keeled over is beyond me?!

50Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:Montreal is a city that has been known to chase goalies out or cause them to leave. Roy (he left), Theodore (forced to go), there may be a few more examples, maybe even Huet (traded on a whim or after a bad rollie, not sure what), but wow, Montreal is tough on goalies.

You know who else is tough on goalies....

51Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

DEAR GOD!! HE smokes Mark Tens?!?!
MAn, I had him pegged as a DuMaurier, JPS or depending on how strong a Quebec influence played, Export "A" Green UNFILTERED... LOL

My uncle STILL smokes those. Seriously, how he hasn't keeled over is beyond me?!

I don't know what he smokes. I used "Mark Ten"s for comedic effect. It evokes images of the hardcore smoker or as they were called in the 50's tobacco conoisseurs.

52Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:40 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Montreal is a city that has been known to chase goalies out or cause them to leave. Roy (he left), Theodore (forced to go), there may be a few more examples, maybe even Huet (traded on a whim or after a bad rollie, not sure what), but wow, Montreal is tough on goalies.

You know who else is tough on goalies....

Well if you are referring to Ottawa, then you are right on that one, poor Patrick Lalime was chased by pitchforks out here I think. We have had some bad luck in acquiring goalie talent, until recently that is. We always got the big goalies of the time after their prime, Barrasso being one, Hasek being another, mind you, if it wasn't for that dang groin injury, we may have been hoisting the cup that year. Hasek is another big money playoff goalie.

53Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Speaking of Roy leaving, did anyone EVER hear the rumor of Roy leaving Montreal because of a personal nature? Specifically that there was a LOT going on behind the scenes that, for obvious reasons, was NEVER made public?

The reason I bring this up is because a few friends and I were playing poker last night and one of them started talking about friends and 'sources' he and his other friends have made over the years and he started telling us some CRAZY stories... I had to ask him to email me the Roy one because I knew I wouldn't remember it accurately. Here's the Cliff notes version.

"Patrick Roy sleeping with a Stripper in plain view on a pool table of a strip bar in Montreal at a Habs Stanley Cup celebration party. His teammate told his wife, and his wife slept with his teammate to get revenge.

Remember his last night in net for the Habs?

That's the day he found out.
Kind of explains the shaky game he played that night doesn't it? And the Coach left him in the net as a punishment because he and the player who nailed his wife were fist fighting in the locker room before the game and during intermissions."

He also mentioned Pronger allegedly knocking up a chick and that's why he bolted from Edmonton...

And Doug gilmour sleeping with an underage babysitter!? Anyway, what a CRAZY night, and while I couldn't believe ALL the stuff I was hearing, and chalked a LOT of it up to tall tales amongst men combined with alcohol, but these guys usually have quality stuff...

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. LOL

EDIT: oh, and I forgot about the juicier one: Gary Leeman (and some other player who I cannot recall) sleeping with Al IaFrate's wife. Happened, and they all 3 got traded because of the obvious division in the lockerroom.

54Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crazy.

I think a lot of this comes from urban legends, but there was definitely some truth to Al Iafrate nailing a couple of teammates.

55Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think his wife was sleeping with teammates period. I never heard of Roy instigating that behaviour somehow.

56Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:EDIT: oh, and I forgot about the juicier one: Gary Leeman (and some other player who I cannot recall) sleeping with Al IaFrate's wife. Happened, and they all 3 got traded because of the obvious division in the lockerroom.

Oh, there you go. Al was no saint at all from what I've read and heard. If Leeman nailed his wife, it was because Iafrate has already nailed his.

57Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow, I am just shocked and appauld, did not know that was all behind Roy leaving, it explains a lot though, guess hockey players are not squeaky clean eh? its like a soap opera.

58Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, IaFrate's stories are a dime a dozen, so nothing would shock me really.

And I'm sorry guys, as I this probably belongs in random thoughts thread or something, but seeing SF's post about Patrick Roy just triggered that.

59Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Craziness Cronie! Wow! There are some really f'd up things that happen in the world of celebrities. Good for Roy's wife for banging his teammate as payback too! I don't blame her in the least. Eye for an eye when it comes to Dung like that for sure.

60Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
Cronie wrote:EDIT: oh, and I forgot about the juicier one: Gary Leeman (and some other player who I cannot recall) sleeping with Al IaFrate's wife. Happened, and they all 3 got traded because of the obvious division in the lockerroom.

Oh, there you go. Al was no saint at all from what I've read and heard. If Leeman nailed his wife, it was because Iafrate has already nailed his.

These guys should have just laughed it off over beers and kept passing those gold-diggers around like the disposable pigs they are.

Message was edited by : Mysogyny

61Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Craziness Cronie! Wow! There are some really f'd up things that happen in the world of celebrities. Good for Roy's wife for banging his teammate as payback too! I don't blame her in the least. Eye for an eye when it comes to Dung like that for sure.

I think that's BS personally. I don't doubt that Roy cheated on her, but I doubt she would cheat with a teammate. Too much risk, her name could potentially be immortalized as the reason the Habs lost etc. etc. etc.

62Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
These guys should have just laughed it off over beers and kept passing those gold-diggers around like the disposable pigs they are.

Message was edited by : Mysogyny

Holy Dung. I laughed out loud, which is rare at work.

63Playoff Surprises So Far... - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff Surprises So Far... Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Craziness Cronie! Wow! There are some really f'd up things that happen in the world of celebrities. Good for Roy's wife for banging his teammate as payback too! I don't blame her in the least. Eye for an eye when it comes to Dung like that for sure.

HAHA! Normally I would agree Sensgirl, but from experience with friends who have cheated and having their partners go out and get their 'revenge' or 'justified justice' never solves anything... In fact, it usually only served to exascerbate a bad situation and make it spiral out of control.

BUT, like I said, I do agree to an extent. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum