GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ready to Roar: More Round Two Predictions

+7
beedub
shabbs
SensFan71
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I know that Varlamov has played in some serious playoffs in the Swedish elite league, but one could argue he could be a question mark too in this series. They both are in my eyes. Who will be able to stop more pucks? The rookie or the experienced? Who knows the opposition better? Who will score more goals? Which defense will be the best? This series is a complete mystery, but it will be a mad battle to the end. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think varlamov has proven to better so far in the first round he has 2 shut outs and has made big saves the pens bailed fluery out in game seven then fleury stepped it up but i also think it goes to the fact thet fleury is not lundqvist and the caps wont be frustrated and should be able to score easier

On the other side HH...the Rangers have a 'popgun offense' and no PP...

The Penguins have two of the top three scorers in the NHL.

Care to revise that prediction...?

no i think the caps will take the pens varlamov isnt perfect but he hasnt let in lot of bad goals and the caps offense wont be struggling as bad as agains lundy and if AO and green can get cooking i think they are solid enough to win the series. yes the ones have good offense as well but i really think the offensive roof is about to explode from the caps.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Here's what I sent to Hem:

second round picks

From davetherave To hemlock, Yesterday at 7:13 am

CAR at BOS BOS>7
PIT at WAS PIT>7

ANA at DET DET>7
CHI at VAN CHI>7

Gotta have at least one underdog...and the thought of a Wings-Hawks Final is just TOO good.

Cheers
Cheers
HA! All 7-game series... I think if DTR had his way... all series would go 7 games.

Smile

More hockey = a good thing.

My friend Shabbs...you are right...more 7 game series...more excitement...more great hockey for US.

Cheers mate
Cheers

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:[no i think the caps will take the pens varlamov isnt perfect but he hasnt let in lot of bad goals and the caps offense wont be struggling as bad as agains lundy and if AO and green can get cooking i think they are solid enough to win the series. yes the ones have good offense as well but i really think the offensive roof is about to explode from the caps.

HH, good points but don't forget the Caps have one of the weaker d-corps in the league to start with...20th overall in the NHL.

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Guerin, Gonchar and many others can all find the back of the net...not like the Rangers.

Shrug Shrug Shrug

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yea they may have a weaker D but i expect green to step up a lot from last series and during the season they out scored the pens 18-12 they usually seem to have the number of the pens either way i think a great series and it doesnt make a large difference to me except i dont like crosby...i cant say what it is but a feeling that the caps have more than the pens do to win this series

BOS 5
PIT 6
ANA 7
VAN 6

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I know that Varlamov has played in some serious playoffs in the Swedish elite league, but one could argue he could be a question mark too in this series. They both are in my eyes. Who will be able to stop more pucks? The rookie or the experienced? Who knows the opposition better? Who will score more goals? Which defense will be the best? This series is a complete mystery, but it will be a mad battle to the end. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think varlamov has proven to better so far in the first round he has 2 shut outs and has made big saves the pens bailed fluery out in game seven then fleury stepped it up but i also think it goes to the fact thet fleury is not lundqvist and the caps wont be frustrated and should be able to score easier

People, please, he was playing against the NYR!!! They were 26th in the league in scoring.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

[/quote] People, please, he was playing against the NYR!!! They were 26th in the league in scoring.[/quote]

that doesnt mean there werent any good chances from the rangers....either way varlamov is already a proven huge upgrade from theodore

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:yea they may have a weaker D but i expect green to step up a lot from last series and during the season they out scored the pens 18-12 they usually seem to have the number of the pens either way i think a great series and it doesnt make a large difference to me except i dont like crosby...i cant say what it is but a feeling that the caps have more than the pens do to win this series

thx hh...can't wait for this one to get started

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
People, please, he was playing against the NYR!!! They were 26th in the league in scoring

that doesnt mean there werent any good chances from the rangers....either way varlamov is already a proven huge upgrade from theodore

Not setting the bar very high, are we?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
People, please, he was playing against the NYR!!! They were 26th in the league in scoring

Not setting the bar very high, are we?

i guess not but the main thin is that they have solid goaltending even if varlamov isnt amazing he can atleast give the caps a chance where in the first game against the rangers theo did very little

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

In all honesty, I don't think that Fleury is all that he was expected to be, at least not yet (he may turn out to be one day...but then so may Price...), so Varlamov may be almost enough to shift the balance of power in Washington's favour. Certainly, I can't see the Caps having a whole lot of confidence in Theodore at this point.

I think that the Caps-Pens series is really going to come down to their defense - both teams have awesome firepower up front when they get going, but the series winner will be the one that can muster the most output from the blue-line, without giving up too much the other way.

Logic says Pittsburgh, although I'd love to see Washington win (it would eliminate the whiner, and piss off Cherry, all at the same time).

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Factoid:

All of the teams who have won the Stanley Cup since the lockout--Detroit Red Wings (2008), Anaheim Ducks (2007), and Carolina Hurricanes (2006)--are among the 'Final Eight' competing in Round Two this year.

:??:

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Factoid:

In Round Two--pending the result of tonight's game--the top seeds have all lost home ice advantage.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Here's what I sent to Hem:

second round picks

From davetherave To hemlock, Yesterday at 7:13 am

CAR at BOS BOS>7
PIT at WAS PIT>7

ANA at DET DET>7
CHI at VAN CHI>7

Gotta have at least one underdog...and the thought of a Wings-Hawks Final is just TOO good.

Cheers
Cheers

I hope Prager and Hemlock got my picks right. Last time I looked at the spread sheet it looked like the info in my column was wrong.

Anyway, hockey predictions are just for entertainment purposes as far as I'm concerned.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:*hops on the bandwagon*

Boston in 6
Washington in 7
Anaheim in 7
Vancouver in 7

Hmmm... that's a lot of 7-game series'...

Oh well.
Meh... there goes my Vancouver prediction and my Boston prediction can't happen. The other two are still alive...

C'mon 50%!

HA HA!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum