GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ready to Roar: More Round Two Predictions

+7
beedub
shabbs
SensFan71
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This is what I went with for my *other* bracket pool.

BOS5

PIT7

DET6

VAN6

I will ruminate a little while longer before I send in my picks for the bracket pool here.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Here's what I sent to Hem:

second round picks

From davetherave To hemlock, Yesterday at 7:13 am

CAR at BOS BOS>7
PIT at WAS PIT>7

ANA at DET DET>7
CHI at VAN CHI>7

Gotta have at least one underdog...and the thought of a Wings-Hawks Final is just TOO good.

Cheers
Cheers

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I sent

Van in 5
Bruins in 6
Pens in 6
Detroit in 6

If I remember correctly.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

All in 7 eh DTR? Crazy times! That would be lots of fun!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I sent

Van in 5
Bruins in 6
Pens in 6
Detroit in 6

If I remember correctly.

Really? Ahhhhh! that would be unbelievable. Same with the Detroit in 6. I see at least 2 7 game matchups. Vancouver being one of them and Detroit the other.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Bruins in 7 ( they have more balance than the canes its harder to shut that entire team down than the devils)
Caps in 5 ( fleury has so many questions and there will be less frustration from the caps to score)
Anaheim 6(osgood doesnt have the goods to beat the ducks)
Hawks 6 ( have shown they can play both a skilled and grinding game and i dont think van cant shut down this pp as they did the blues)

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Bruins in 7 ( they have more balance than the canes its harder to shut that entire team down than the devils)
Caps in 5 ( fleury has so many questions and there will be less frustration from the caps to score)
Hawks 6 ( have shown they can play both a skilled and grinding game and i dont think van cant shut down this pp as they did the blues)

HH, you usually have a pretty good handle on these things...looking forward to seeing if you are right...

That would set up Bruins-Pens and Ducks-Hawks...pretty darn good matchups.

cool)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Bruins in 7 ( they have more balance than the canes its harder to shut that entire team down than the devils)

You know, that's very true.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I know that Varlamov has played in some serious playoffs in the Swedish elite league, but one could argue he could be a question mark too in this series. They both are in my eyes. Who will be able to stop more pucks? The rookie or the experienced? Who knows the opposition better? Who will score more goals? Which defense will be the best? This series is a complete mystery, but it will be a mad battle to the end. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:

HH, you usually have a pretty good handle on these things...looking forward to seeing if you are right...

cool)

you mean bruins- caps if what i think goes

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

cool)

you mean bruins- caps if what i think goes

Sorry about that DOH!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:I know that Varlamov has played in some serious playoffs in the Swedish elite league, but one could argue he could be a question mark too in this series. They both are in my eyes. Who will be able to stop more pucks? The rookie or the experienced? Who knows the opposition better? Who will score more goals? Which defense will be the best? This series is a complete mystery, but it will be a mad battle to the end. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think varlamov has proven to better so far in the first round he has 2 shut outs and has made big saves the pens bailed fluery out in game seven then fleury stepped it up but i also think it goes to the fact thet fleury is not lundqvist and the caps wont be frustrated and should be able to score easier

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I know that Varlamov has played in some serious playoffs in the Swedish elite league, but one could argue he could be a question mark too in this series. They both are in my eyes. Who will be able to stop more pucks? The rookie or the experienced? Who knows the opposition better? Who will score more goals? Which defense will be the best? This series is a complete mystery, but it will be a mad battle to the end. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think varlamov has proven to better so far in the first round he has 2 shut outs and has made big saves the pens bailed fluery out in game seven then fleury stepped it up but i also think it goes to the fact thet fleury is not lundqvist and the caps wont be frustrated and should be able to score easier

On the other side HH...the Rangers have a 'popgun offense' and no PP...

The Penguins have two of the top three scorers in the NHL.

Care to revise that prediction...?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think Fleury is close to being the cat's meow. But, I also don't know Varlamov all that well and I would say some of his awesome play in the first round could be chalked up to a NYR team that puts everyone to sleep and rarely score. The Caps are chalk full of offense and so are the Pens. It will be a very, very interesting matchup, skill wise and goalie wise.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Here's what I sent to Hem:

second round picks

CAR at BOS BOS>7
PIT at WAS PIT>7

ANA at DET DET>7
CHI at VAN CHI>7

Gotta have at least one underdog...and the thought of a Wings-Hawks Final is just TOO good.

Cheers
Cheers
HA! All 7-game series... I think if DTR had his way... all series would go 7 games.

Smile

More hockey = a good thing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

On the other side HH...the Rangers have a 'popgun offense' and no PP...

The Penguins have two of the top three scorers in the NHL.

Care to revise that prediction...?

no i think the caps will take the pens varlamov isnt perfect but he hasnt let in lot of bad goals and the caps offense wont be struggling as bad as agains lundy and if AO and green can get cooking i think they are solid enough to win the series. yes the ones have good offense as well but i really think the offensive roof is about to explode from the caps.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Here's what I sent to Hem:

second round picks

CAR at BOS BOS>7
PIT at WAS PIT>7

ANA at DET DET>7
CHI at VAN CHI>7

Cheers
Cheers
HA! All 7-game series... I think if DTR had his way... all series would go 7 games.

Smile

More hockey = a good thing.

My friend Shabbs...you are right...more 7 game series...more excitement...more great hockey for US.

Cheers mate
Cheers

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:[no i think the caps will take the pens varlamov isnt perfect but he hasnt let in lot of bad goals and the caps offense wont be struggling as bad as agains lundy and if AO and green can get cooking i think they are solid enough to win the series. yes the ones have good offense as well but i really think the offensive roof is about to explode from the caps.

HH, good points but don't forget the Caps have one of the weaker d-corps in the league to start with...20th overall in the NHL.

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Guerin, Gonchar and many others can all find the back of the net...not like the Rangers.

Shrug Shrug Shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum