GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Sharks?

+8
PKC
strachattack
LeCaptain
PTFlea
davetherave
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:19 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:To further that actually, the Sharks need to fill out their roster. Auld, Schubert, Picard, Kelly, Heatley, Ruutu for Clowe, Vlasic? At least they fill out their roster, get a center and get the most coveted winger on the market (arguably haha).

That's about $14 mil going to SJ, and $7 mil coming back to OTT. Given SJ's rather precarious cap situation ($1.3 mil in cap space, with only 8 F, 7 D, and 1 G), I don't think that's a trade that works for them. They need to move money to create a little cap space so they can fill out their roster -- not take on more money.

62What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:That's about $14 mil going to SJ, and $7 mil coming back to OTT. Given SJ's rather precarious cap situation ($1.3 mil in cap space, with only 8 F, 7 D, and 1 G), I don't think that's a trade that works for them. They need to move money to create a little cap space so they can fill out their roster -- not take on more money.

Yeah, my bad, those moves would have been to fill out their roster, but we'd need to take Marleau to make it work.

63What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:That's about $14 mil going to SJ, and $7 mil coming back to OTT. Given SJ's rather precarious cap situation ($1.3 mil in cap space, with only 8 F, 7 D, and 1 G), I don't think that's a trade that works for them. They need to move money to create a little cap space so they can fill out their roster -- not take on more money.

Yeah, my bad, those moves would have been to fill out their roster, but we'd need to take Marleau to make it work.

Make it three way. Send Marleau to Edmonton along with Smith and Auld, and maybe Cheechoo. We'll take Penner and put him on a stationary bike until training camp starts. Then well take the rest in picks.

64What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've wanted picks and prospects all along but I doubt we see either in a Heatley trade now.

- Unknown Author

65What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've wanted picks and prospects all along but I doubt we see either in a Heatley trade now.

debating whether we see a trade for the bum at all, what an extreme low to high to low we went through as fans, first pissed off he wanted to be traded, then it dawned on us what we could get for him, then so far we have gotten nothing, he is still property of the Sens, and apparently wants to screw over the whole organization.

66What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:46 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Make it three way. Send Marleau to Edmonton along with Smith and Auld, and maybe Cheechoo. We'll take Penner and put him on a stationary bike until training camp starts. Then well take the rest in picks.

if we can sneak Clowe in that deal as well, Murray better do it, at least then Fat Penner doesn't look so bad coming here in that deal. besides, you just wanted to say 3 way.

67What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley has made himself at home in San Jose. From the New York Times yesterday:

Playing his first home game as a member of the Sharks, the much-maligned Heatley scored a hat trick in front of his new hometown crowd and was the obvious first star in a 6-3 win over Columbus.

The video above doesn’t show it, but when the puck dropped again after this third-period penalty shot goal, the Shark Tank crowd chanted his name: “Dan-nee Heat-ley” followed by five rhythmic hand claps. They repeated the chant after he was interviewed over the house P.A. system as part of his post-game curtain call. San Jose has a new hero.

Of course, that meant we couldn’t miss Three Guys on the Radio over Ottawa’s Team 1200 to hear their reaction, especially after they had bad-mouthed Heatley for months, including this gem. During the 8 o’clock hour, all co-host Steve Warne could muster was an unenthusiastic “My hopes for a 35-point season for Heatley isn’t happening.”

Thirty-five points? Not likely. Playing with Joe Thornton (who got four assists on the night) and Devin Setoguchi (who tallied an early third-period goal, which chased leaky Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason, and an assist on Heatley’s first goal), Heatley adds a proven sniper to the Sharks’ first unit, something they lost as Jonathan Cheechoo’s game declined in the past few seasons.

“They’re a very dangerous line. I thought they got better as the night went on and I think that’s a sign they’re starting to click,” Sharks Coach Todd McLellan said (quoted by David Pollak in The Mercury-News). “The goals, the assists — that’s all nice. The fact that they played fast and in the right areas of the rink is what impressed me the most.”

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/the-morning-skate-san-jose-loves-heatley-and-some-weird-goaltending/

---

...and the Times even mentioned TGOR.

68What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He had a beautiful night - good for him. I try not to concern myself with that little man, but I know he's a good player. Here's hoping Michalek and Cheechoo find twine tonight as well!!! Nod

69What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Heatley can do what he wants in the regular season, but SJ won't win the trade unless Heatley somehow makes a difference for them in the playoffs, and well, if he stays true to his Ottawa form, when the games count more and he starts to get physically pressured, he will go back to floating.

70What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:Heatley can do what he wants in the regular season, but SJ won't win the trade unless Heatley somehow makes a difference for them in the playoffs, and well, if he stays true to his Ottawa form, when the games count more and he starts to get physically pressured, he will go back to floating.

Correct, which is why I don't really care one way or another what he's doing now.

71What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:16 am

Luckiest team in The NHL. If shootouts were part of the playoffs, they actually might have a chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum