GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks Name New Captains

+13
pgood
Bramlet07
bluewhiteandgolf
rooneypoo
davetherave
Sens19
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
jamvan
shabbs
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Sharks Name New Captains Empty Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Rob Blake gets the C, Thornton and Boyle get the As. Not even an Alternate captaincy for Marleau. Wow. It's a long way for Blake from being the burden he was on LA.

I wonder how you-know-who feels about not wearing a letter. At least Blake (a 20-year veteran now) is probably close to retirement. Sharks Name New Captains Icon_wink

http://sharks.nhl.com/index.html

2Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting. I'm not surprised "you know who" didn't get a letter... he's there to do one thing and one thing only... score.

Blake's a good choice.

3Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:29 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Interesting. I'm not surprised "you know who" didn't get a letter... he's there to do one thing and one thing only... score.

Blake's a good choice.
Good for a year!

Quitters don't get letters.

4Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Blake for a year, then Boyle and I suppose at that point they'll decide if Asshat is A-worthy.

5Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Why wouldnt Thornton be the captain when Blake retires?

6Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:Why wouldnt Thornton be the captain when Blake retires?

Because Boyle's the heart of that team IMO.

7Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I agree with their choices, queue the Dany Heatley "diminished role" claims because he didn't get a letter. (I kid, I kid)

8Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:Why wouldnt Thornton be the captain when Blake retires?

Because they want a cup.

9Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Marleau seems to really like San Jose to not want out after seeing people who haven't been in the franchise half as near as he has been get leadership roles and him left out. I thought they'd give the C to someone more long term like Boyle and then As to Thornton and Marleau

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

10Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens19 wrote:Marleau seems to really like San Jose to not want out after seeing people who haven't been in the franchise half as near as he has been get leadership roles and him left out. I thought they'd give the C to someone more long term like Boyle and then As to Thornton and Marleau

At this point, he might welcome someone else being thrown under the bus every time the Sharks lose. Every year it was Marleau's fault, or Thornton's fault - and it is to a degree, but it's silly in the same sense that Alfie was blamed year after year for the team not being put together properly.

11Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:10 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Blake's a winner (picking up a gold at the Olympics, the Norris and Stanley) and a warrior. A number of experts have picked San Jose to the leader of the pack again this year. Perhaps Todd McLellan feels Rob Blake can give them the edge they need to get through the playoffs.

12Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Heatley's 1st period of hockey in San Jose... -1, no shots on net.

13Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:02 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Blake's a winner (picking up a gold at the Olympics, the Norris and Stanley) and a warrior. A number of experts have picked San Jose to the leader of the pack again this year. Perhaps Todd McLellan feels Rob Blake can give them the edge they need to get through the playoffs.

He was already on the team. How much of a difference will him wearing the C over Marleau make ?

14Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Zero, The Sharks are not the team they were last year and that's actually not saying a lot. You saw the real Sharks in the playoffs.

15Sharks Name New Captains Empty Re: Sharks Name New Captains Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:11 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:I agree with their choices, queue the Dany Heatley "diminished role" claims because he didn't get a letter. (I kid, I kid)

He's not playing the PK either, from what I've seen popping in and out of that game.

It was all so much BS. He didn't like seeing his stats decline. He didn't like a coach that criticized him or made him work. He thought OTT would never compete again. Simple as that.

Also: he's a -1 so far. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum