GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

For once, goaltending will not be an issue come training camp

+8
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
Riprock
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
SensFan71
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The three goalies we currently have are all solid and Leclaire could be great. That being said Ottawa's goaltending is an issue until they sort out what to do with the extra goalie. This 3 goalie situation is a problem and it needs to be resolved.

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The three goalies we currently have are all solid and Leclaire could be great. That being said Ottawa's goaltending is an issue until they sort out what to do with the extra goalie. This 3 goalie situation is a problem and it needs to be resolved.

Yeh we cant do like Edmonton did with the 3 goalies... But maybe Elliot will agree to a two-way deal im not sure.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I'm not sure Clutch. I see your point but at the same time, Vermettte and SJ's 1st was, some would say, a big piece or price AND RISK to take on a goalie who comes with such a high-risk of injury. PArt of me believes his scouts either have a hunch or perhaps KNOW something about LeClair that assuaged Murray's worries or concerns.

I think Auld may in fact be moved to a team looking for a solid teammate/back up to be honest; however I would love to be wrong, because he is a great guy in the room and the price is right.

With the 47th pick overall, the Ottawa Senators select, from SkellefteƄ AIK Sweden Tim Erixon :___:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Cronie wrote:I'm not sure Clutch. I see your point but at the same time, Vermettte and SJ's 1st was, some would say, a big piece or price AND RISK to take on a goalie who comes with such a high-risk of injury. PArt of me believes his scouts either have a hunch or perhaps KNOW something about LeClair that assuaged Murray's worries or concerns.

I think Auld may in fact be moved to a team looking for a solid teammate/back up to be honest; however I would love to be wrong, because he is a great guy in the room and the price is right.

With the 47th pick overall, the Ottawa Senators select, from SkellefteƄ AIK Sweden Tim Erixon :___:

Will Alfie be making that announcement, or does he only do first rounders? lol.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:
Yeh we cant do like Edmonton did with the 3 goalies... But maybe Elliot will agree to a two-way deal im not sure.

Elliott has no choice but to accept it. He has no rights at all as an RFA negotiating his 2nd contract. What the Sens ask, he'll do.

However, as much as I'd like to keep Auld, I just don't see the Sens sending him back down to the AHL. I wouldn't be upset, but I doubt it happens.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i think we have good reason to be optimistic here i mean if leclaire plays well and stays healthy then there is no problem if he goes down elliot can step in and i dont see a problem there anyway as N4L has said next year will most likely be another rough one so leclaire has time to show what he has nad elliot can grow

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

My suspicion is that it starts as a two-way contract, but that Auld is traded early in the season, one there is a good feel for what Leclaire can do. About 25 games should do it.

This would also give Elliot more ice time, and he could sort out the last few little things that remained in his game, under less pressure, and then with Auld gone, he can come up, and they can tandem 2:1 to keep Leclaire healthy.

Any trade involving Auld would have to involve a minor league goalie, though, unless Murray drafts a decent goalie, as Ottawa has SFA in the farm system...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum