GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

For once, goaltending will not be an issue come training camp

+8
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
Riprock
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
SensFan71
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Doesn't he practice with the Sens at the Sensplex in the offseason?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Doesn't he practice with the Sens at the Sensplex in the offseason?

Probably, he lives in Ottawa South I believe. He's such a good guy, it would be great if he would lead our AHL team and still have an opportunity to come up to the NHL if/when Leclaire goes down. This is all assuming that we deal Auld, which although I'm not crazy about, I don't see a choice.

This is the kind of signing that would go unnoticed most places, but would help the team and the farm a lot.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
that is a splendind idea honestly, he is playing at the World's I believe as the 3rd string goalie too, wonder if BM will get the Ottawa contigent to plant the bug in Braithwaite's ear, would love to have him in Bingo.

Smile I may have been a little drunk to be honest, but I was saying to Melanie that 'this is the guy!'. I was pretty excited. Now...who has Murray's phone number again? Coffee!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

for once i can say thank goodness no goalie worries not yet anyway

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
that is a splendind idea honestly, he is playing at the World's I believe as the 3rd string goalie too, wonder if BM will get the Ottawa contigent to plant the bug in Braithwaite's ear, would love to have him in Bingo.

Smile I may have been a little drunk to be honest, but I was saying to Melanie that 'this is the guy!'. I was pretty excited. Now...who has Murray's phone number again? Coffee!

Murray Brian

613-271-1883
161 Saddlesmith Cir
Kanata, ON K2M 2Y7
:D:

And while you're at it:

Clouston C

905-649-1203
370 Uxbridge Pickering Townline
Claremont, ON

Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3

It's BrYan Murray.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:Laughing3

It's BrYan Murray.

Yeah, I know, but Canada411.com's search engine is too smart. I entered Bryan but the closest match it could find was Brian.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like I said before I think it plays out with Elliott in Bingo, Leclaire starter, Auld backup. Then Leclaire gets injured and it's Auld Elliott. I can't see Murray taking the risk that Leclaire's injury history will evaporate and move Auld in order to give Elliott the backup position and have to rely on Elliott when Leclaire goes down to injury.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure Clutch. I see your point but at the same time, Vermettte and SJ's 1st was, some would say, a big piece or price AND RISK to take on a goalie who comes with such a high-risk of injury. PArt of me believes his scouts either have a hunch or perhaps KNOW something about LeClair that assuaged Murray's worries or concerns.

I think Auld may in fact be moved to a team looking for a solid teammate/back up to be honest; however I would love to be wrong, because he is a great guy in the room and the price is right.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Am I the only one who is a little pessimistic about P LeC? I would have thought everyone would feel like this after our recent history of goalie woes, and putting so much confidence in one guy. This is a guy we acquired, along with a 2nd rounder in a deep draft for a 2nd line, inconsistent forward. To me, that makes me think that Pascal's GM didn't think very much of him, considering how valuable a starting goalie is.

He's had one good season where he put up good numbers, but some say that they were inflated by the team's play. But yet, he had 9 shutouts in 54 games, which means how bad must have those other games been for him to still post a 2.25GAA and .919SVP. It makes you wonder just how inconsistent is this guy?

He has a huge list of prior injuries, and i'm not sure whether it's good that they were all different. Part of me says, well at least he doesn't have any recurring injuries. Another side of me thinks, how brittle is this guy.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm with you Bass. Once bitten twice shy or whatever. I'm highly skeptical and will take the wait and see approach. Also based on how the Sens have handled goaltending situations in the past my prediction seems to fit their way of thinking IMO.

- Unknown Author

Bass Destruction wrote:Am I the only one who is a little pessimistic about P LeC? I would have thought everyone would feel like this after our recent history of goalie woes, and putting so much confidence in one guy. This is a guy we acquired, along with a 2nd rounder in a deep draft for a 2nd line, inconsistent forward. To me, that makes me think that Pascal's GM didn't think very much of him, considering how valuable a starting goalie is.

He's had one good season where he put up good numbers, but some say that they were inflated by the team's play. But yet, he had 9 shutouts in 54 games, which means how bad must have those other games been for him to still post a 2.25GAA and .919SVP. It makes you wonder just how inconsistent is this guy?

He has a huge list of prior injuries, and i'm not sure whether it's good that they were all different. Part of me says, well at least he doesn't have any recurring injuries. Another side of me thinks, how brittle is this guy.

If you cant be positive about the goaltending going into next year, you shouldnt be opptimistic about anything else because that will be the Sens saving grace for a year or two.

Seriously, if the Sens dont have good goaltending we are going to be fighting it out with the Habs and Leafs for the basement because right now nothing has really changed from the last 2 years except the goaltending.

If Leclaire stays healthy we are laughing in nets, and even if he doesnt we still have two seemingly cappable goaltenders that might be able to carry the load.

The goaltending is in good shape, again, if there is anything to look forward to and be opptimistic about its who is between the pipes.

Cronie wrote:I'm not sure Clutch. I see your point but at the same time, Vermettte and SJ's 1st was, some would say, a big piece or price AND RISK to take on a goalie who comes with such a high-risk of injury. PArt of me believes his scouts either have a hunch or perhaps KNOW something about LeClair that assuaged Murray's worries or concerns.

I think Auld may in fact be moved to a team looking for a solid teammate/back up to be honest; however I would love to be wrong, because he is a great guy in the room and the price is right.

Sorry clutch, but it was Vermette for Leclaire and a 2nd. SJ 1st was traded for Campoli who may very well turn out to be a huge piece of the Sens going forward into the future.

Sens had to take a risk, the time was now and Murray did it. Id rather take a risk and it fails at this point then Murray just sit pat and do nothing. If Leclaire stays healthy or even plays 50-55 games, the Sens are in good shape.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Cronie wrote:I'm not sure Clutch. I see your point but at the same time, Vermettte and SJ's 1st was, some would say, a big piece or price AND RISK to take on a goalie who comes with such a high-risk of injury. PArt of me believes his scouts either have a hunch or perhaps KNOW something about LeClair that assuaged Murray's worries or concerns.

Sorry clutch Cronie, but it was Vermette for Leclaire and a 2nd. SJ 1st was traded for Campoli who may very well turn out to be a huge piece of the Sens going forward into the future.

Sens had to take a risk, the time was now and Murray did it. Id rather take a risk and it fails at this point then Murray just sit pat and do nothing. If Leclaire stays healthy or even plays 50-55 games, the Sens are in good shape.

I fixed your post. It was Cronie not me that mentioned what was traded for Leclaire.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah crap, my bad on screwing those up. SJ's 1st and Deano for Campoli and Comrie; Verme for Leclair and BJ's 2nd.

and quite frankly, Campoli will be huge for the Sens future plans so I completely agree with you there Neely; Comrie, not so much methinks.

and you're ABSOLUTELY right about the risk, which is why I pointed it out and yes, after a few years of subpar goaltending and not knowing for sure whether we had a kick-*** one, the time was nigh for making such a move.

Here's hoping it pays off in Murray's; and thus the Fans and city's favor...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The three goalies we currently have are all solid and Leclaire could be great. That being said Ottawa's goaltending is an issue until they sort out what to do with the extra goalie. This 3 goalie situation is a problem and it needs to be resolved.

- Unknown Author

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The three goalies we currently have are all solid and Leclaire could be great. That being said Ottawa's goaltending is an issue until they sort out what to do with the extra goalie. This 3 goalie situation is a problem and it needs to be resolved.

Yeh we cant do like Edmonton did with the 3 goalies... But maybe Elliot will agree to a two-way deal im not sure.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

With the 47th pick overall, the Ottawa Senators select, from SkellefteƄ AIK Sweden Tim Erixon :___:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum