GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What point system for a fun Playoff Pool here?

+2
wprager
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't mind the pick the winner pool

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wouldn't mind the pick the winner pool

A fun pool I've been involved in before is where each round you pick a player. Each person in the pool can pick the same player as another person, however once that round is over, all players picked are removed from the eligible list.

For instance

Round One Picks

Player A - Crosby
Plyaer B - Ovechkin
Player C - Crosby
Player D - Datsyuk

At this point in round 2 all players are available except for the 3 that are listed above. We normally use secret ballots (folded pieces of paper with the picks on them) so they are all revealed at the same time.

I don't know of a way to do it over the net, except sending in the picks to someone who isn't involved and then they distribute the list of players selected.

Anyway, something to think of when you're sitting down with friends for a pool

DW

18What point system for a fun Playoff Pool here? - Page 2 Empty Prager's Brackets Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, we're up to 9 in the pool (including me). As previously mentioned, I'll accept submissions up until 4PM today. Ah, what the heck, I'll accept anything submitted PPD (pre puck-drop). Just PM me your picks int he following format:

MTL4
WAS7
CAR6
PHI5
SJS4
CLU4
CHI7

See you in the pool.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll be there. Ahhhhh!

i'm just curious if there is a web link to the pool, .. . tx

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My 11-year-old is in a pool with his grade 5 classmates. Their teacher organized it -- hmm, not sure if I fully endorse that at this age, but there's no money at stake. Anyhow, he tells me he picked Hudler, and I'm thinking, what? To his defence, he was picking next to last and Hudler wasn't exactly his first pick -- just the first name he mentioned. Well, Hudler's got 3 points in 2 games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum