GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Music Collection

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Digital Music Collection Empty Digital Music Collection Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but once I discovered MP3s and found an easy to use, networkable audio device that I could hook up to my stereo, my digital music collection has grown tremendously and I never touch a CD after I've bought it and ripped it. It's all accessed digitally over my home network.

I use a couple of Slimdevices Squeezeboxes to play my music at home and it provides a sweet web interface as well as a remote to control everything.

Current collection details:
- Total Size: 104 GB
- Total Tracks: 14,763
- Total Albums: 1,092
- Total Artists: 398
- Total Genres: 53
- Total Playing Time: 1058:32:01

Screen shot of the web interface for controlling and accessing my music:

Digital Music Collection Squeezecenter

Pretty slick stuff, and it's amazing to have all those tracks available at the click of a button. It has really re-vived my entire music collection.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total

2Digital Music Collection Empty Re: Digital Music Collection Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I need to bookmark this so I can do it as well.

3Digital Music Collection Empty Re: Digital Music Collection Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:I need to bookmark this so I can do it as well.
I'd be more than happy to provide any input/guidance you need when you want to get started. There are lots of different options out there now with many companies offering "devices" that do the same thing.

4Digital Music Collection Empty Re: Digital Music Collection Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I'd be more than happy to provide any input/guidance you need when you want to get started. There are lots of different options out there now with many companies offering "devices" that do the same thing.

Thanks. When I get my arse in motion I'll take you up on that.

5Digital Music Collection Empty Re: Digital Music Collection Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I have approxinatively the same amount of songs. I use Itunes actually. Probably the only Apple product that interests me :KJK:

6Digital Music Collection Empty Re: Digital Music Collection Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:I have approxinatively the same amount of songs. I use Itunes actually. Probably the only Apple product that interests me :KJK:
I tried to get into iTunes but just didn't like it. I didn't get the feeling that I had total control over my music and what iTunes was doing with it when it synched music up. For my iPods, I use a product called Anapod Explorer which works just fine for me and allows me to remain iTunes-free.

7Digital Music Collection Empty Re: Digital Music Collection Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:53 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How much is it Shabbs?
Are you able to burn cd's using this for your car? Or is it just to store and play music from there?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum