GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Satan, thus far, has failed to report for duty

+6
davetherave
caissie_1
PTFlea
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Yeah really....is there a brighter shining example of someone who is riding on previous years decades success? The real question is will he step aside now like he should or will his ego force him to be fired?

I'll vote ego gets him fired.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I too vote that Sather will Thumpin' his chest till the very end...
An ego that inflated cannot be remedied IMHO.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Must be a heck of a fall from grace for these guys. Preissing, Satan...these are only the tip of the iceberg.

Next year we will see tons of other guys being waived. Redden will be one of the bigger ones, but there will be a lot.

and the only ones that get hurt with this is the team that signs them, especially the Rangers, Redden's waived cap hit will have to hurt big time with the cap expected to go on the downside.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Must be a heck of a fall from grace for these guys. Preissing, Satan...these are only the tip of the iceberg.

Next year we will see tons of other guys being waived. Redden will be one of the bigger ones, but there will be a lot.

and the only ones that get hurt with this is the team that signs them, especially the Rangers, Redden's waived cap hit will have to hurt big time with the cap expected to go on the downside.

Redden can be waived with no cap implications. It would still be real salary dollars that the Rangers would be forced to pay though. The Rangers would be forced to take a cap hit if they chose to buy him out and I don't remember the figure but it's a significant percentage of the actual cap hit spread over double the years of whats remaining on his contract.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

again, deep down, Sather MUST be saying to himself: "WTF did I do?"

And I would be REALLY curious to know who else was courting Redden before he accepted Sather's offer and how much $$ were they throwing at him?

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Buy-out = 2/3 of remaining salary over double remaining life of contract (with some weird formula, so it's not even year to year).

Redden's would be ugly.
I figured out DiPietro's just for fun also - almost $2M a year for the next 24yrs. Makes Yashin's look short.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum