GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa

+6
Jordo
Nasty Nas
wprager
beedub
davetherave
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Duff will be moving to Ottawa according to E-Talk on CTV signifying rumours that Comrie is set to re-sign.

2Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:47 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Duff will be moving to Ottawa according to E-Talk on CTV signifying rumours that Comrie is set to re-sign.

Hilary was saying "I love Canada" in an interview in the Citizen. That would mean the deal is done.
8)

3Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:34 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I could care less if Hillary Duff lives in Ottawa, unless I am standing behind her in the checkout line @ Sobey's. Then I will be a happy fella.

but that fact that her living here signifies that Mike Comrie will resign here. Love that. He can easily fill in Vermette's shoes, in fact he'll blow Vermie's shoes to pieces

4Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who would you prefer: Mike Comrie at $2.5-3M or Ryan Shannon at less than $1M? Leave Duff out of the equation.

I don't think you can have too many small players in the lineup, and we have Comrie, Shannon and Kelly all under 200 lbs.

5Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Sweet, this is the best Ottawa Senator related news of the season.

6Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:47 pm

wprager wrote:Who would you prefer: Mike Comrie at $2.5-3M or Ryan Shannon at less than $1M? Leave Duff out of the equation.

I don't think you can have too many small players in the lineup, and we have Comrie, Shannon and Kelly all under 200 lbs.
So move Kelly :D

Hell, waive the jävel Sarcasm

7Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Who would you prefer: Mike Comrie at $2.5-3M or Ryan Shannon at less than $1M? Leave Duff out of the equation.

I'll take both of those guys and trade Kelly please. Smile

8Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't get why people want so desperately to trade Kelly. For what he brings, he's not that expensive. If you say we need to shed cap space, I don't think Kelly's 2mil contract is going to get you very far.

And regardless of how much you dreamers would like to say that guys from Bingo can do the exact same thing at half the price tag, you're so, so very wrong.

In addition, Comrie and Vermette are not comparable players, so the talk about 'filling Vermette's shoes' is nonsense. Comrie can be our 2nd line centre, I'm fine with that. Put Fisher on his wing, and get one more piece that adds some scoring touch, and we're off.

Kelly is a solid 3rd line center at 2mil for the next couple of years. I continuously shake my head at the number of people on here who are so quick to throw him under the bus.

9Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:

Are you implying something about Chris' parents?

10Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:13 pm

wprager wrote:

Nope, its Swedish for a word that would get censored in English :KKK:

Censorship squirrel

11Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's be serious, she never said she was moving to Ottawa, did she? She said she loved Canada.

12Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:

Nope, its Swedish for a word that would get censored in English :KKK:

Censorship squirrel

I googled. It means bastard, which implies that his parents were never married.

13Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Man I'm sicker than a dog but taking 3 of my kids to the game (tickets were bought a couple of weeks ago). Wish me luck.

:77:

Last edited by wprager on Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:17 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Let's be serious, she never said she was moving to Ottawa, did she? She said she loved Canada.

Well, she and Mike were in Toronto yesterday...maybe she likes it there.

Did they have lunch with Burkie?

15Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Empty Re: Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burke wants prospects. They don't need celebrity fans or celebrity puck bunnies to fill the seats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum