GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aucoin moving?

+3
Cronie
Hayden
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aucoin moving? Empty Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's a ton of whispers that Aucoin's on his way out of Calgary. I heard the Sens were in the running earlier today, now there's absolutely no mention of them.

Someone had mentioned he was close to being acquired by LA, but with LA about to get Schneider, does that change?

Probably. Still, a lot of smoke...there must be at least a little fire to this one.

2Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:14 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

He's no good to us now - maybe 5 years ago.

3Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hayden wrote:He's no good to us now - maybe 5 years ago.

Big, strong, Ottawa boy who had 20 powerplay points (so he can at least co-QB a PP), as many points as Mez had last year, is a UFA at the end of the year.

He's no good to us at $4 million, but he's found his stride after being in hell in Chicago. Another guy LA could take and flip for a 2nd rounder minimum at the deadline - if that's their plan.

4Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you Hayden, you might have a point, at $4 million bucks, I can't imagine anyone really showing a major interest.

5Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 am

504Heater wrote:
He's no good to us at $4 million, but he's found his stride after being in hell in Chicago. Another guy LA could take and flip for a 2nd rounder minimum at the deadline - if that's their plan.
That would be too smart! If thats not their plan, then they it to be...

6Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:
That would be too smart! If thats not their plan, then they it to be...

LOL, why not, huh? I mean...what is to these players really? They'll have a chance on a contender come February and meanwhile the Kings continue to stockpile picks and prospects.

7Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:43 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that could work.
Although the fact that LA keeps getting richer in picks and prospects is REALLY scary to me.

For $4M, I think Murray could consider it, but I think he has a player or players already in mind that he wants to snag.
It's funny, because Murray reminds me of a shark: once he's honed in on his target, he doesn't seem to let secondary things get in the way.

8Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:28 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

A trade that could certainly work out for both of us is McAmmond and Neil for Aucoin.

We pick up a veteran defender who can play on the PP, we move out some salary and create two much-needed positions on the front-end.

Everyone goes home happy.

9Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:A trade that could certainly work out for both of us is McAmmond and Neil for Aucoin.

We pick up a veteran defender who can play on the PP, we move out some salary and create two much-needed positions on the front-end.

Although then we'd have 8 D, including Schubert. A surplus of serviceable defenceman is not the worst problem in the world to have, granted, but it would be a problem nonetheless.

10Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:A trade that could certainly work out for both of us is McAmmond and Neil for Aucoin.

Although then we'd have 8 D, including Schubert. A surplus of serviceable defenceman is not the worst problem in the world to have, granted, but it would be a problem nonetheless.

It is okay if people are willing to play in the minors but we have a sausage party of NHL calibre d-men (although most are 5th and 6th guys). I can't see us doing that unless we package up some of the defense. If we didn't there would be a pile of disgruntled dudes.

11Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

and we DEFINITELY do not want disgruntled... Remember last season?!

affraid

12Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:28 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

If they are disgruntled, how do we "re-gruntle" them? Razz

13Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:that could work.
Although the fact that LA keeps getting richer in picks and prospects is REALLY scary to me.

For $4M, I think Murray could consider it, but I think he has a player or players already in mind that he wants to snag.
It's funny, because Murray reminds me of a shark: once he's honed in on his target, he doesn't seem to let secondary things get in the way.

This is probably the most accurate description I have seen in a while - and I assume you mean it in a positive way. He is a single-minded, focused GM, who tends to get exactly what he wants.

It's scary, when you really think about it. I'm glad he's on our side.

14Aucoin moving? Empty Re: Aucoin moving? Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I have a feeling Murray is now going to wait to see how this team does before he goes out and makes any more changes.. I can see him maybe trading one of our 4th liners (since we have tons of them) for picks but other that that I think he may be done till around deadline time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum