GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!!

+8
Number Twenty Nine
PKC
rooneypoo
COLLAR UP
Hayden
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

according to Hockeyleaks.com; the Sens have 'strong' interest in Calgary's Aucoin...

Am I the only one who shudders at this?! What good could be possibly be for us?
I personally hope this is Murray's media savy smoke&mirrors sideshow working overtime.

Thoughts?

2Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can think of a couple players I'd rather have and honestly are we really better off with Aucoin in the lineup?

- Unknown Author

3Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:37 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:according to Hockeyleaks.com; the Sens have 'strong' interest in Calgary's Aucoin...

Am I the only one who shudders at this?! What good could be possibly be for us?
I personally hope this is Murray's media savy smoke&mirrors sideshow working overtime.

Thoughts?

How the heck do we go from JBo to Aucoin? wow...

4Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:44 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly my thoughts Smash.

Aucoin, in my view, would keep things mostly status quo. It strikes me as more of a lateral move, although once could argue that it barely makes us stronger, so I have to assume (or hope more specifically) that it's just a rumor and nothing more.

5Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

5 years ago maybe.

6Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:47 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Exactly my thoughts Smash.

Aucoin, in my view, would keep things mostly status quo. It strikes me as more of a lateral move, although once could argue that it barely makes us stronger, so I have to assume (or hope more specifically) that it's just a rumor and nothing more.

Yeah exactly... It's one thing to give up players for JBo, but honestly I wouldn't give any roster players for a guy like Aucoin... If all they ask is a pick or a prospect, sure ok, but honestly other than that, I think i'd prefer what we have now... In my opinion it would be Aucoin or Picard, and to be honest with you all, I think i'd rather Picard there right now.. He's vastly improved his game...

7Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I am thoroughly impressed with Picard's play of late and he's really stepping up when they need him to. It's becoming increasingly clear, in my view, why Murray specifically sought him out and not the other fella Tampa tried to throw in (I cannot recall the other prospect's name).

Keep growing Picard, and who knows, you could become a staple on this squad.

8Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:56 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I am thoroughly impressed with Picard's play of late and he's really stepping up when they need him to. It's becoming increasingly clear, in my view, why Murray specifically sought him out and not the other fella Tampa tried to throw in (I cannot recall the other prospect's name).

Keep growing Picard, and who knows, you could become a staple on this squad.

I'd say he'll be a solid second pairing guy, he'll always get quality time on the PP too.. He could end up having a pretty good career here if he wants...

9Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:20 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

This is exactly what I have been referring to the last little while...

I do not want Ohlund...and I do not want Aucoin...I fail to see how either of these guys improves our D...

10Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I gotta say, I was one of the first to crap all over Picard and his horrible play at the beginning of the year but now I'm really impressed with him.

- Unknown Author

11Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:02 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

He certainly does not look out of place out there...and the switch to the left has been huge for him...

12Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I gotta say, I was one of the first to crap all over Picard and his horrible play at the beginning of the year but now I'm really impressed with him.

Can I say "told you so" yet? :D

In Murray we trust.

13Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:23 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Picard has been getting better and better every time I see him on the ice. Smart positionally, getting stronger on the puck, playing the body and none of that sissy poke check garbage, and moving the puck with decisiveness.

Hope he keeps it up.

14Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:29 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Picard has been getting better and better every time I see him on the ice. Smart positionally, getting stronger on the puck, playing the body and none of that sissy poke check garbage, and moving the puck with decisiveness.

Hope he keeps it up.

And heard last night too, that he still dosen't have a single penalty this season yet!? For a defenceman that unbelievable...

15Aucoin?!?  You better be kidding!!! Empty Re: Aucoin?!? You better be kidding!!! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:34 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:
PKC wrote:Picard has been getting better and better every time I see him on the ice. Smart positionally, getting stronger on the puck, playing the body and none of that sissy poke check garbage, and moving the puck with decisiveness.

Hope he keeps it up.

And heard last night too, that he still dosen't have a single penalty this season yet!? For a defenceman that unbelievable...

That I did not know...pretty crazy. Don't worry though -- Spezza took all the penalties for us last night. That was his contribution to the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next