GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:39 pm

asq2 wrote:I've heard Ellerby's not looking like a great prospect any more.

Not that I've looked into it at all, I don't even know what his stats are.

Ok....Nathan Horton it is then. Smile

17Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Well, I suppose he'll have to do.

18Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:44 pm

asq2 wrote:A second round pick is nice. I'd just prefer some younger, maybe winger prospect over Boynton.

or Markstrom. Wink

19Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:46 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:A second round pick is nice. I'd just prefer some younger, maybe winger prospect over Boynton.

or Markstrom. Wink

Although I love the guy, haven't we acquired enough goalies? :*:

20Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:49 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

or Markstrom. Wink

Although I love the guy, haven't we acquired enough goalies? :*:

I'm thinking of a Markstrom Elliot tandem in the AHL next season.

I was kidding anyway...no chance Jacques trades him I'd say.

21Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Senschirp saying that RDS has Neil traded to Florida, while Garrioch has him potentially staying here for the rest of the year.

It better be the former.

22Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:59 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Some Sportsnet Notes:

Word out of Nashville is that the Predators are close to landing Alex Ponikarovsky from the Leafs.

The Ottawa Senators are done for the day, meaning tough guy Chris Neil will remain with the club for the remainder of the season.

Shortly after being claimed off waivers by the Leafs, goaltender Martin Gerber was told to wait because he may be still be moved by the 3 p.m. deadline.

-----------------------

If Burke can get something for Gerber after we've waived him twice...

23Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:01 pm

asq2 wrote:Some Sportsnet Notes:

Word out of Nashville is that the Predators are close to landing Alex Ponikarovsky from the Leafs.

The Ottawa Senators are done for the day, meaning tough guy Chris Neil will remain with the club for the remainder of the season.

Shortly after being claimed off waivers by the Leafs, goaltender Martin Gerber was told to wait because he may be still be moved by the 3 p.m. deadline.

-----------------------

If Burke can get something for Gerber after we've waived him twice...

Wow. If Neil and the Sens are as far off as reported, then I can easily see him walking in the summer....for nothing.

How we can be in the position we are in, needing to add quality and not move our UFAs is beyond me.

24Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:02 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Why we would want to keep Neil for the rest of the season if we're not going to re-sign him is beyond me. Although perhaps you don't want to set a precedent by trading him for peanuts. But I'm sure he would have a decent market.

25Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

asq2 wrote:Why we would want to keep Neil for the rest of the season if we're not going to re-sign him is beyond me. Although perhaps you don't want to set a precedent by trading him for peanuts. But I'm sure he would have a decent market.

Well, given the choice between peanuts and nothing...I take peanuts. I have a bad feeling about this. Neil seems to think he's worth alot more than Murray does.

26Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

But potentially, by setting a precedent, you hurt yourself in later trades.

That's the only way I can see us justifying.

I can't believe we could do it any other way.

"Well, we suck, but maybe if we sign our players to bigger contracts and gut ourselves of talent, we'll improve."

27Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor - Neil and Kelly to FLA Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:34 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well I am sure we were are wishing this one went down, not I guess we wait to see if Neil traded comes through the straggling trades or if we have to turn the attention to signing Neil now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum