GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire

+13
smash88
shabbs
SensFan71
pgood
Flo The Action
asq2
wprager
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Mojo
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

kolzig and that large deal from the lightening is thought to be so the lightening can get in on revenue sharing.....both gerbs and kolzig contracts are up at the end of the year kolzig is out hurt so there is only two goalies next year

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

So Kolzig doesn't play from here on in; he retires a Laff, and TB gets money from everyone else because Burke picked him up?

What favour(s) is/are Burke going to call in later?

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:What favour(s) is/are Burke going to call in later?

Thats what the big question is there is something behind the scenes that we arent seeing

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:What favour(s) is/are Burke going to call in later?

Thats what the big question is there is something behind the scenes that we arent seeing

I've gone beyond "if" - in my mind there's no doubt about it. The question is "what?"

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:So Kolzig doesn't play from here on in; he retires a Laff, and TB gets money from everyone else because Burke picked him up?

What favour(s) is/are Burke going to call in later?

BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire - Page 5 Stamkos.getty

Sarcasm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:So, if Murray moved Neil and Schubie for 4th or 5th round picks each would you guys be happy?

Absolutely. Schubert isn't worth too much more than that, and the way things look with Neil going forward he most likely is not part of our future plans. So when it comes down to it, better to get a 5th rounder and something for Neil, than to lose him for nothing.

Its not like we need Neil for a playoff run or anything of importance. Furthermore, Murray managed to squeeze a 5th rounder for McGratton and absolutely nothing for Neil?? Either there is zero demand which might create a shocking lesson for Neil and force him to drop his demands, or... I don't know. It still seems to me its better to get something for him than to lose him for nothing.

edit: according to Schmeklund, there was a deal in place for Neil if contract talks fell through, yet Murray never pulled the trigger... odd. Then again, we should consider the source, but if he did have a deal in place and didn't do it, it is very curious.

I would have been happy with a 7th for Schubert, but no one wants him. Dont think for a second Murray didnt try and move that guy. He will be on waivers next year for sure if he isnt dealt at the draft. Anyways, I think Murray did what he could today, he made a deal 2 weeks ago as well...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:he's a bible thumper...and taken Sarcasm

So was David, and Bathsheba still went ape-**** for him. The two are absolutely not related.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum