GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire

+13
smash88
shabbs
SensFan71
pgood
Flo The Action
asq2
wprager
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Mojo
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

wprager wrote:How do you explain Tim Thomas?

How does anybody explain Tim Thomas? I am sure he can't explain himself.

Eli is crap. Ask anyone who attended his section of the Sens coaching clinic... he is not good... at all.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:How do you explain Tim Thomas?

How does anybody explain Tim Thomas? I am sure he can't explain himself.

Eli is crap. Ask anyone who attended his section of the Sens coaching clinic... he is not good... at all.
:BB:

P.S. I see my suggestion for adding the puking scene from FG has been accepted. Yeah!
:77:

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

I have the same fear moi. Hope leclaire proves me wrong

beerandsens wrote:I have the same fear moi. Hope leclaire proves me wrong

I hope so too. I am dying for a guy who can provide just capable goaltending, I don't have pie in the sky wishes for a Martin Brodeur. I just don't want to see 2 weak goals a night and 1 goal losses.

Had to use the puker...

:77:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like two pretty poor deadlines in a row under Murray.

With that SJ first rounder and Vermette gone, it'll be difficult to find another high pick in this draft, which is what I was hoping for.

Definitely looks like we're not at all interested in a re-build. But can we seriously build a contender, or are we just interested in ensuring that Melnyk's pockets are full?

asq2 wrote:Looks like two pretty poor deadlines in a row under Murray.

With that SJ first rounder and Vermette gone, it'll be difficult to find another high pick in this draft, which is what I was hoping for.

Definitely looks like we're not at all interested in a re-build. But can we seriously build a contender, or are we just interested in ensuring that Melnyk's pockets are full?

We are the Tampa Bay Lightning of a few years ago, using the Leafs old management style.

We got worse today. Not better. Leclaire is an unknown, so there is hope this could pan out, but if Murray is expecting fans (at least half-way intelligent ones) to be happy about this 2nd straight failure at the deadline, he's in for a big surprise.

I've got zero faith in him as a deadline GM. If he didn't draft so well, he'd have been fired so Diddle long ago.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't think ottawa has even entertained the notion of rebuilding. i think they are quite satisfied (as i am) that we'll pick in the top 5(with vermette gone maybe even lower) so i think the next thing to do is free agency(in whitch i hold very little hope) to see what we can sustract and add.
as far as the CBJ 2nd pick that's what 45-or so over all? not bad.

and for everyone complaining about Murray, the man has gotten this far i think he's got a good idea of what's to do.

and now for the final 20 minutes.... FingersCrossed

Flo The Action wrote:

i don't think ottawa has even entertained the notion of rebuilding. i think they are quite satisfied (as i am) that we'll pick in the top 5(with vermette gone maybe even lower) so i think the next thing to do is free agency(in whitch i hold very little hope) to see what we can sustract and add.
as far as the CBJ 2nd pick that's what 45-or so over all? not bad.

and for everyone complaining about Murray, the man has gotten this far i think he's got a good idea of what's to do.

and now for the final 20 minutes.... FingersCrossed

This far? What does that mean? As the GM, what has Murray done that's really knocked your socks off? In my opinion, the bad outweighs the good.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think Murray's record here is pretty stellar: The Paddock and Hartsburg hirings, the Emery deal, the Lapointe acquisition...I could go on. Sarcasm

In all seriousness, he's done a number of things that I've liked but I think with he and Muckler we've been the worst "at the deadline" team for the past several years.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:I think Murray's record here is pretty stellar: The Paddock and Hartsburg hirings, the Emery deal, the Lapointe acquisition...I could go on. Sarcasm

In all seriousness, he's done a number of things that I've liked but I think with he and Muckler we've been the worst "at the deadline" team for the past several years.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I've wanted to defend Murray and say that there is some logic or rationale to his decisions, but, frankly the more I see the more nervous I get. Does this Vermette deal mean they are going to resign Comrie. Not that I am a huge Comrie fan by any stretch but we better get something more for that first rounder.

Then resigning Kuba, and NOT moving Neil, Schubert, ANY of our ton of 5/6 d-men. WTF was he doing. I have to assume he got NO offers for Neil, even a 3rd or 4th rounder is better than losing him for free on July 1st. Are we keeping him for some miracle playoff run that no one knows about and I don't think is possible??

I hate to say it but I think I have lost all faith in Brian Murray as GM. Last time he had a late 1st rounder he drafted Corey Perry and I think we all see how that worked out, this time he traded it for Comrie or Campoli... Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2

I hope he knows what he is doing, but even his best, most well intentioned moves have seemed to blow up in his face since taking over in Ottawa, even the moves that looked good. Hopefully (I'm probably dreaming) the moves he didn't make this time end up looking as good as the moves he did make looked bad.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well this was our only trade of the day, anything else pending, but well, we got a starting goalie (hopefully healthy next year) and lost Vermie, who was one of the huge fan favourites and probably our best shootout guy (not that we have many) lol.

BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire - Page 3 Galerii2147

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire - Page 3 Galerii2147

Is that the groin I hear popping?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, if Murray moved Neil and Schubie for 4th or 5th round picks each would you guys be happy?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I think this is a good deal this gives us a good potential for solid goaltending. since elliot is having troubles now this will give him more time and maybe bring him in a little slower.. vermette has had way too long to show he can be great.. he keeps showing potential but never a full season and we get another 2nd round which murray may use for dealing at the draft everyone complains about his deadline day transactiosn but they dont always work out he is doing great at drafting bingo is already better than when muckler was running it you have to build from the farm out guys and he is doing a good job at that

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Thing is, as much as I dislike the deal, because we gave up Vermette, should Leclaire come in and give us that true number 1, We laugh in a few years... Who knows maybe he just had rough luck with injuries his first couple years (I hope!!)

This deal has the potential to be huge or the potential to totally blow up in our faces... We'll see, but the more I look into Leclaire I like what I see, he's put up good numbers in the Q too, and putting up good numbers as a goalie in the Q is a pretty darn hard thing to do...

I pray that this finally gives us the goalie we've so needed!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

There's a case to be made that his numbers are "injury inflated" and hopefully he'll perform like he did before. We'll see...

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire - Page 3 Galerii2147

Thats not Leclaire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum