GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators - 8:00pm ET - Mon. Feb. 16th, 2009

+16
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
wprager
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
asq2
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
Cronie
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Can we leave Nashville with Dan Hamhuis? Please?

If we can leave "Fish" there, it would be even better.

sennies1980

Prospect
Prospect

Im not sure starting alex auld is the best idea. Not because I think he is not capable but rather the chance of Elliott losing his mojo due to lack of confidence is a possibility.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sennies1980 wrote:Im not sure starting alex auld is the best idea. Not because I think he is not capable but rather the chance of Elliott losing his mojo due to lack of confidence is a possibility.
Back to back games may be the factor. We play Colorado tomorrow.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think losing Fish would hurt us a lot...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Auld gets the nod tonight.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/16/8409481.html

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Auld gets the nod tonight.

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/16/8409481.html
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/16/8409481.html[/quote[/url]]

Good. He deserves to be rewarded for stepping in and not allowing another goal. And in a back to back it's not a bad idea to put Auld in while he's hot and then go back to Elliott the next night.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, hopefully this won't hurt Elliott's stride or confidence.
And quite honestly, I think the kid could use a break.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Elliott can build his confidence against that Dung Colorado team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Good. He deserves to be rewarded for stepping in and not allowing another goal. And in a back to back it's not a bad idea to put Auld in while he's hot and then go back to Elliott the next night.
Agreed. I'm fine with this move.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think losing Fish would hurt us a lot...

under Hartsberg system, Fisher was surplus to our requirement. Under Chucky, he is necessary to our requirement. Chucky's game plan is grind and hurt. Both things Mr. Underwood does well.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

bang on #29. And assuming Clouston is here to stay for a while, IMHO, Fish stays.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:bang on #29. And assuming Clouston is here to stay for a while, IMHO, Fish stays.

You guys will say just about anything to support Fisher's value. The fact is, in the games we've won, we've been outhit most nights by a 2 to 1 margin in some cases.

He's a 6-million dollar checker.

So they've made the move to keep Elliott away from facing Mason and now Rinne... Is that on purpose?

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:bang on #29. And assuming Clouston is here to stay for a while, IMHO, Fish stays.

You guys will say just about anything to support Fisher's value. The fact is, in the games we've won, we've been outhit most nights by a 2 to 1 margin in some cases.

He's a 6-million dollar checker.
I wish people would stop using 6M as their figure...It has nothing to do with anything. Fisher is a 4M $ checker that 29 other teams would snatch in an instant if they had the opportunity.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cash wrote:So they've made the move to keep Elliott away from facing Mason and now Rinne... Is that on purpose?

He outduelled Miller, twice and he faced Backstrom who was also chased. It's on purpose because he needs the rest.

Its on back to back night, Elliott did look a little tired, but hey, w/e, Auld was going to start one of these 2 games and maybe allowing him to carry the momentum from last game is a good thing.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Was looking through stats and it appears that Alfredsson needs 1 more point to get to 900 for his career.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:Was looking through stats and it appears that Alfredsson needs 1 more point to get to 900 for his career.
That is correct! Nice catch.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators - 8:00pm ET - Mon. Feb. 16th, 2009 - Page 3 Alfievr7

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum