GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators - 8:00pm ET - Mon. Feb. 16th, 2009

+16
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
wprager
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
asq2
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
Cronie
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Sort of off topic but noteworthy

The Minnesota Game Day thread was 9th in the top ten most replied to topics with 219 - There are only 3 Game Day threads ahead of that with two being the Isles (in the 300's) and one the Rangers (230).

Also, it was 8th in the top ten most viewed topics with over 1300 views.
We are a passionate bunch, that is for sure.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Sort of off topic but noteworthy

The Minnesota Game Day thread was 9th in the top ten most replied to topics with 219 - There are only 3 Game Day threads ahead of that with two being the Isles (in the 300's) and one the Rangers (230).

Also, it was 8th in the top ten most viewed topics with over 1300 views.
We are a passionate bunch, that is for sure.

Still nothing like the days at the site that shall not be mentioned when we'd regularly hit 500 + but we're well on our way and we're only 6 months old - In baby terms were only just starting to eat solids Wink.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:So if Ottawa lays a Dung on Nashville tonight, then what?

Then the honeymoon is over? Actually I don't really know. I frankly don't care why they're winning. At this point I just like watching them with the thought they might actually win rather than going in expecting a loss and having a win be a total surprise.

Sorry what I typed was: So if Ottawa lays a Dung-kicking on Nashvile tonight, then what?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:So if Ottawa lays a Dung on Nashville tonight, then what?

Then the honeymoon is over? Actually I don't really know. I frankly don't care why they're winning. At this point I just like watching them with the thought they might actually win rather than going in expecting a loss and having a win be a total surprise.

Sorry what I typed was: So if Ottawa lays a Dung-kicking on Nashvile tonight, then what?

If that happens, Nashville will probably lose the game.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I don't care what happens. If they work hard, that's more important.

It feels a lot better being a Sens fan these days and that's enough for me....

Hopefully they come out more prepared and with a little more drive than Sat night. I think Elliott will get the start tonight, throw him right back in there.

Sens seem to have probs against the Preds though, so we'll see.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah they can't afford to spot teams 3 goals too often and win.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/16/8405471-sun.html

The odds are stacked against them, but with the Senators on a four-game winnings streak, Murray hasn't ruled out changing his deadline status from seller to buyer.
"If we keep playing well in the next couple of weeks, then, sure, I'd consider the possibility of getting us help at the deadline," said Murray. "We're playing well as a team. We just have to keep having success."
WTF??? You better not f*** this Trade deadline, Bryan.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/16/8405471-sun.html

The odds are stacked against them, but with the Senators on a four-game winnings streak, Murray hasn't ruled out changing his deadline status from seller to buyer.
"If we keep playing well in the next couple of weeks, then, sure, I'd consider the possibility of getting us help at the deadline," said Murray. "We're playing well as a team. We just have to keep having success."

What's he supposed to say right? He's certainly not going to say I think it's impossible to make the playoffs and even if they win every game from here to the Deadline I'm still going to strip this team and get as much as I can going into the draft and do all I can to secure a fantastic first round pick?

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As Shabbs pointed out, the Preds are 7-3-0 in their last ten...and just four points away from a playoff spot.

Nashville has a history of being tough to play against in key games.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa is still a wild card so you never know. I'm just glad I can go into this game hoping for a win and not fully expecting a loss.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I don't care what happens. If they work hard, that's more important.

It feels a lot better being a Sens fan these days and that's enough for me....

I cannot echo that sentiment enough.
Forget about the playoffs, forget about 1st round picks, lottery pick, etc...

What seems to be tangible and noticeable lately are ALL things many of us posters and fans alike have been harping on since the beginning of the season and when the losing trend continued: we ALL wanted them to play hard for their paychecks, fans and ice time, and lately, they seem to be doing just that. Second, a lot of us at one time or another wanted them to have a system that not only worked for the coach's benefit, but one that allowed to players to compete and thrive instead of impeding their progress and thusly resulting in an endless display of anger and frustration; well they appear to have a system that allows them to do just that. Two for two so far.

I am just glad that I can watch a Sens game and still be excited and enjoy what seems to be a hard-fought and fast-paced game. If they come out with a win, that's great, but if they lose that sucks but it's also fine because at least they're showing a passion for the game, genuine comraderie between themselves and a determined effort night in and night out. That's ALL I could ask for.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I've been saying this all along. I will watch a team that puts in the effort and hard work but falls short because of a lack of talent. But to watch a team not even bother trying is the worst. Thank God we seem to be leaving that behind us lately.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/16/8405471-sun.html

While I'm completely opposed to buying at the trade deadline, this was smart of him to say IMO.

If he comes out and says "we're sellers no matter what," the team probably loses motivation. Perhaps he's trying to raise some players' values.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Can we leave Nashville with Dan Hamhuis? Please?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Can we leave Nashville with Dan Hamhuis? Please?

If we can leave "Fish" there, it would be even better.

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

Im not sure starting alex auld is the best idea. Not because I think he is not capable but rather the chance of Elliott losing his mojo due to lack of confidence is a possibility.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sennies1980 wrote:Im not sure starting alex auld is the best idea. Not because I think he is not capable but rather the chance of Elliott losing his mojo due to lack of confidence is a possibility.
Back to back games may be the factor. We play Colorado tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum