GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators - 8:00pm ET - Mon. Feb. 16th, 2009

+16
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
wprager
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
asq2
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
Cronie
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Isn't the concern that the rest of the team might feel slighted?

Slighted, or secretly relieved?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sennies1980 wrote:carrie underwood is an idiot.

Totally. She totally looked like a tool - or a teenager - whichever's worse in this case.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good analysis of the Kuba situation Rooney and Cash. I'm still thinking that Kuba needs to go - because he's really not that great - and he's quite valuable.

Neil I would really like to keep.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And I still love Ryan Shannon - especially with Foligno and Fisher.

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

:lol!: Thats what I was thinking!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

:lol!: Thats what I was thinking!

LOL, is it that wrong to think that? Here, these two UFAs are gone, now THIS is the team we're going forward with. Vermette's wiping his brow, Kelly, Smith, they can all focus on playing - this year and more importantly next.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did anyone catch Trotz say "we haven't seen a system like this and we have to find somthing to adjust" paraphrasing of course.

Like Minnesota, just dumbstruck. Two GOOD coaches, flabbergasted.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Clouston really seems to understand the game and knows how to manage it. I have been really satisfied with him since day 4 or 5 lol!

SeawaySensFan wrote:Did anyone catch Trotz say "we haven't seen a system like this and we have to find somthing to adjust" paraphrasing of course.

At the same time coaches will begin to figure out ways to counter, which is when we will really see where this team is at.

Having said that I have hope that CC will be able to make adjustments when necessary.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
At the same time coaches will begin to figure out ways to counter, which is when we will really see where this team is at.

Having said that I have hope that CC will be able to make adjustments when necessary.

We were talking about this the other day. There will be a time when enough game tape has been watched and some coach counter attacks with a slight adjustment. Clouston has to be ready for that - but, like you, I have supreme confidence in him (right now).

Good point.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

We were talking about this the other day. There will be a time when enough game tape has been watched and some coach counter attacks with a slight adjustment. Clouston has to be ready for that - but, like you, I have supreme confidence in him (right now).

Good point.

Clouston has to know that. IMO he will be ready he seems to know how to get the best against each team (so far).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I get the sense that we haven't seen even half of the tricks Clouton has in his arsenal but it could be a rose coloured glasses effect :D

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Did anyone catch Trotz say "we haven't seen a system like this and we have to find somthing to adjust" paraphrasing of course.

This is obviously true, but the fact that other coaches have to take the time and make the effort to find a strategy (because they don't have it) to counter is pretty huge.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:

He seemed to make a number of adjustments after the first period of the Minnesota game in terms of line combinations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum