GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

+10
Phoenix30
asq2
b33f
davetherave
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Jordo
BigRig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:I'm inclined to agree with asq2. I don't think LA makes this deal anyway without sending salary back. They will need it soon enough to start paying these young guys. Therefore:

Spezza for O'Sullivan, Hickey, 1st

I'm not swapping firsts with them either. Lombardi can take this deal or eat my Donkey.

Still no thanks for me. Hickey is a redundant prospect with Karlsson, Lee and Wiercioch in the system (we need an all-around #1 like Hedman or Bouwmeester IMO), O'Sullivan isn't a centre to replace Spezza and the first isn't particularly good.

Spezza is 25. Heatley is 28. Heatley is worse, more expensive and has more value. He's willing to waive his NTC.

Why would you deal Spezza over Heatley?

I wouldn't. I've said for awhile, my preference is to deal Heatley. Is this public knowledge that he'd waive? I've heard rumblings, but is this confiirmed somewhere?

62More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:53 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
jamvan wrote:I'm telling you guys 100% that Spezza is going nowhere. Believe what you like, but there's no way LA would even consider this. As well, Spezza is playing hurt, even though nothing has been said.

Anybody going to the game tonight or Saturday, watch how often he stretches his back and even moreso today, stays away from contact.

There will be no blockbuster deal in Ottawa this year folks.

Fine, deal Heatley. But one of them has to go. End of Story.
Heatley is going nowhere either.

I don't get it. We've got Heatley, Spezza and Alfie...the only guys that can score on this team and you want to trade away 1 of them!!!! That's why you aren't a GM I guess. No disrespect, but even if you bring in a Teubert and Kopitar, for arguments sake, this steam will still lack talent and suck. There's no overnight remedy here and people need to realize that.

63More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 pm

I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.

64More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:28 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

notch4077 wrote:I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.
Exaclty and great point!

SJ - has Boyle
BOS - has Chara & Wideman
Ott - has Phillips

There's the wild card.

65More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I pretty much creamed my pants when I thought of this:

Bouwmeester - Karlsson
Volchenkov - Teubert
Lee - Weircioch

66More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Exactly PKC. If we gave up one of Spezza/Heatley we could do that. Depending on how we draft we could replace Lee with Hedman/Cowen or draft a forward like Tavares, MSP, Kane, Schroeder or Duchene.

67More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:57 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I pretty much creamed my pants when I thought of this:

Bouwmeester - Karlsson
Volchenkov - Teubert
Lee - Weircioch

And Bouwmeester would sign here why?

The taxes, the city, the weather, the media or the team success?

He and Spezza are good friends, that might have been a selling point had we not dealt Spezza for Brendan Witt Jr.

Plus Volchenkov and Teubert wouldn't be able to negotiate the puck out of our zone. Ever.

68More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:I pretty much creamed my pants when I thought of this:

Bouwmeester - Karlsson
Volchenkov - Teubert
Lee - Weircioch

And Bouwmeester would sign here why?

The taxes, the city, the weather, the media or the team success?

The Friday night booty party at Spezza's mansion?

69More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza's gone for Teubert.

70More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

notch4077 wrote:I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

+1 that brothah!

71More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Perfect example just now against Boston;
Somebody (Bell) finally makes a perfect pass through the neutral zone and hits a forward (Foligno) on the tape and in stride. End result: is a beautiful goal.

PMD will make all (not just our Big 3) so much better. Remember the days of Vermette, Schaefer and Eaves scoring 20 goals. Neil even got 16 for Christ's sake.

When we had puck movers, Spezza didn't need to try to do everything on his own like he feels he has to this year without them. He was his normal playmaking self and only chipped in for 19 goals just for the fun of it.

If you trade Spezza or Heatley, be prepared to watch them flourish like they did for us on a regualr basis only 12 short months ago.

72More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.

73More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.

Isn't that always the way..?

Any word on who was coming, going?

74More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.

Of course not. Stevenson isn't a typical rumour monger but he seemed pretty adamant that Ottawa would be making deals sooner or later.

Bob McKenzie, on TSN, stated that neither Spezza or Heatley would fetch anything of value until the summer (Heatley being the more valuable of the two).

75More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

Of course not. Stevenson isn't a typical rumour monger but he seemed pretty adamant that Ottawa would be making deals sooner or later.

Bob McKenzie, on TSN, stated that neither Spezza or Heatley would fetch anything of value until the summer (Heatley being the more valuable of the two).

Both have value but he mentioned that a team wouldnt want to sell the farm now in mid season but rather in the Summer when teams would looking at retooling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum