GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

+10
Phoenix30
asq2
b33f
davetherave
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Jordo
BigRig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

Some will turn out, some won. Some will think will wont, some we think have no shot will. Thats the way it goes. Time to start taking some risks in Ottawa other wise its status quo. The team and fans have ALWAYS had a problem with this.

I agree. My point was actually that Bernier doesn't add much value to a deal and the surer bet is improving your skaters as opposed to hoping for a goalie to be the saviour.

32More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:17 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

Some will turn out, some won. Some will think will wont, some we think have no shot will. Thats the way it goes. Time to start taking some risks in Ottawa other wise its status quo. The team and fans have ALWAYS had a problem with this.

I agree. My point was actually that Bernier doesn't add much value to a deal and the surer bet is improving your skaters as opposed to hoping for a goalie to be the saviour.

I agree with that, but you need a prospect playing goal down in Bingo and Glass' time is almost up there. It doesnt look like he is going to turn out, so you need another guy. You can draft a goalie this year as well, something I think they should have done last year for sure, but maybe their guy was Markstum and he got snatched. Either way, you need players at every position right now and Bernier could be a good guy to grab.

33More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Bernier is nothing special IMO. That being said, the guy is 20 and still trying to find his way in the AHL and professional hockey.

We need a goalie prospect, he is a good guy to try and develope.

When it comes to goalies, let's face it, there aren't many "special" ones out there.

Crapshoots all, even Backstrom. He'll be 32 by next year and will likely still want big money and long-term. Is it worth it with potentially a weak team in front of him?

If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

Some will turn out, some won't. Some we think will wont, some we think have no shot will. Thats the way it goes. Time to start taking some risks in Ottawa other wise its status quo. The team and fans have ALWAYS had a problem with this.

Fixed :afro:

34More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:I agree with that, but you need a prospect playing goal down in Bingo and Glass' time is almost up there. It doesnt look like he is going to turn out, so you need another guy. You can draft a goalie this year as well, something I think they should have done last year for sure, but maybe their guy was Markstum and he got snatched. Either way, you need players at every position right now and Bernier could be a good guy to grab.

Absolutely Neely, that still leaves Bernier only slightly above throw-in status in my view. Overall it makes a bad deal.

Heck, we'd be better off dealing for Andy McDonald and getting Marek Schwarz, their first pick other pieces to mitigate his UFA status.

35More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I agree with that, but you need a prospect playing goal down in Bingo and Glass' time is almost up there. It doesnt look like he is going to turn out, so you need another guy. You can draft a goalie this year as well, something I think they should have done last year for sure, but maybe their guy was Markstum and he got snatched. Either way, you need players at every position right now and Bernier could be a good guy to grab.

Absolutely Neely, that still leaves Bernier only slightly above throw-in status in my view. Overall it makes a bad deal.

Heck, we'd be better off dealing for Andy McDonald and getting Marek Schwarz, their first pick other pieces to mitigate his UFA status.

If your getting Tuebert, Moller, Bernier and a 1st, I think thats the best deal you could prob get if you are re-building a team. That could be 2 top 5 picks, a stud D man prospect to go along with prob the best D prospect not in the NHL, Moller who could turn into a 2nd line guy and Bernier a guy who does have some tallent and could develope.

I love that deal on a lot of levels.

36More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:If your getting Tuebert, Moller, Bernier and a 1st, I think thats the best deal you could prob get if you are re-building a team. That could be 2 top 5 picks, a stud D man prospect to go along with prob the best D prospect not in the NHL, Moller who could turn into a 2nd line guy and Bernier a guy who does have some tallent and could develope.

I love that deal on a lot of levels.

I don't hate it but in order for me to like it, I don't think we should have to part with the SJ 1st. Maybe a 2nd? I think we have 2.

37More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:41 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here is the scouting report on Jonathan Bernier:

http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff/hockey/player-career.cgi?5874

ASSETS: Plays with the poise and confidence that bely his age. Can steal a game all on his own, and is also capable of shaking off bad goals.
FLAWS: Can he handle the pressure-cooker of the NHL, or will he be the latest in a long line of goalies ruined by being rushed to the big league too quickly?
CAREER POTENTIAL: No. 1 goaltender.

Here is a link to his career stats.
http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff/hockey/player-career.cgi?5874

The kid played substantial minutes in the QMJHL and faced over a thousand shots in two of the those seasons. His GAA averaging around 2.75 and SV% over .900 is better than Marc Andre Fleury's, who was the Pens' 1st pick and 1st overall, and considered one of the best goalies to come out of the QMJHL in recent years.

During his brief stint in LA last year , the defense in front of him was horrendous.

If LA made him their 1st pick and he was chosen 11th overall, it can be assumed they considered him good enough to make the NHL as an eventual #1.

LA drafted well in terms of goaltenders and is now deep at the position. They have their current #1 Erik Ersberg, and the talented Jonathan Quick (who shut out the Senators while earning their collective praise) ahead of Bernier on the depth chart, so they afford to trade one of them.

From a GM's perspective, it may be possible that Bernier could considered to be better than Elliott or Auld.

Just for the record.

38More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm

b33f

b33f
Prospect
Prospect

Remove Spezza...insert Heatley

SOLD!

39More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I don't hate it but in order for me to like it, I don't think we should have to part with the SJ 1st. Maybe a 2nd? I think we have 2.

Do we have 2 second rounders? That would be super-sick. Smile

40More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Do we have 2 second rounders? That would be super-sick. Smile

Actually, probably not. I'm sure we will before all is said and done though.

41More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:33 pm

BigRig77 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Alright, so I just looked Bernier up. Thanks but no thanks.

My goodness...I thought he had stunning stats. His stats are rancid.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80398

Am I missing something here?

Maybe LA's promoted all their top talent and the AHL team sucks now?

From Goaltending Bernier has interest because of the way he played with team Canada. Other than that he hasn't done what they expected him to.

As far as D, Hickey, Tuebert are not on the AHL team neither are Martinez or Voinov (one is in Russia and the other is in the NCAA).

I still stand by my Spezza or Heatley (please please let it be Heatley) for Quincey or Harold, Tuebert or Hickey, and their 1st

Hell I'll even throw in SJ's first as well.

42More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dawg's Wife wrote:
From Goaltending Bernier has interest because of the way he played with team Canada. Other than that he hasn't done what they expected him to.

As far as D, Hickey, Tuebert are not on the AHL team neither are Martinez or Voinov (one is in Russia and the other is in the NCAA).

I still stand by my Spezza or Heatley (please please let it be Heatley) for Quincey or Harold, Tuebert or Hickey, and their 1st

Why Heatley over Spezza DW?

43More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Jordo wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

Why Heatley over Spezza DW?

First LA doesn't have very many quality LW's either currently on their roster or in the system. They need LW's badly.

Second after watching the last 3 games, he's a lazy bastard. That L.A. game solidified it in my mind. I can live with Spezza giving the puck away as long as he forechecks like he did that night (hell he even threw 3 body checks).

Heatley had several drive by's and has looked like he doesn't care.

Heatley...You're Fired!

44More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:

First LA doesn't have very many quality LW's either currently on their roster or in the system. They need LW's badly.

Second after watching the last 3 games, he's a lazy bastard. That L.A. game solidified it in my mind. I can live with Spezza giving the puck away as long as he forechecks like he did that night (hell he even threw 3 body checks).

Heatley...You're Fired!

Very Donald Trump.

45More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:05 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

Heatley...You're Fired!

Very Donald Trump.

True but I'm more Newark than Manhattan...

After he waived his NTC and I had him traded I'd kick him in the balls before stuffing him in a box and shipping him to L.A. via Canada Post ground regular mail.

46More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:

After he waived his NTC and I had him traded I'd kick him in the balls before stuffing him in a box and shipping him to L.A. via Canada Post ground regular mail.

I hope you are not a travel agent.

47More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Heatley was good against LA. Not great, but certainly he had more jump in his step. Meh...what can I say, maybe I'm used to sub-standard hockey now.

48More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

I hope you are not a travel agent.

LOL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum