GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ St. Louis Blues - 8:30pm - Jan. 29th, 2009

+18
Laker
TeamRenzo
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
Jordo
asq2
LeCaptain
smash88
wprager
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
caissie_1
Cronie
PTFlea
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

St. Peter! That was wicked that Regin scored that goal. How massive was Elliot in that game to keep them in it when they were cluster-****ing again. Fisher was a beast, it would be great if this was an indication of things to come.

There were some negatives, but overall not too shabby.

Elliott = Winner

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He looked fantastic. Great job. Consistent performances like this will have the players trusting him, which will definitely get some things ironed out.

He has won at every level he has played and excelled. Hopefully he can continue to do it in the show.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

...and everything is right again in Sens land. Among the unicorns and turnaround games. One down, twenty six to go. Now if only I could get some highlights before I have to wake up for the car pool again. Strike may be over but busses won't roll for another week, and mine (Morgan's Grant) probably not for a week after that.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens were pretty good overall, but the Blues are not a talented team. Kuba and Bell looked awful. I think Picard will be back in tomorrow.

Nice to see Mike Fisher. Haven't seen him in a while.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Senators couldn't allow themselves to lose this one after Uncle Eugene dropped the bomb yesterday.

A good effort against a team missing six regulars. However, if the Blues had scored when Foligno took that inexplicable holding penalty in the third, this would have been a different story.

Regin deserves to play more. Very hard working and skilled player IMHO.

Elliott was strong.

Mike Fisher, playing the way he can. Smart, aggressive, focused, effective. So why hasn't he played like this more often?

Net-net, the Senators are still 13 points back of a playoff spot because the Panthers ripped Montreal and Carolina topped Tampa.

The game against Hitch's Bluejackets will be a real test.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm amazed... Watching Fisher last night was just amazing!! I don't want to trade him, assuming he puts forth his typical effort every game... wow...

And Elliott, way to go! Made all the saves he should have and a few I thought he might struggle on... great hard-working effort by the Sens, and hopefully despite it being a back-to-back game situation, they give the Jackets a good run for their money.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:I'm amazed... Watching Fisher last night was just amazing!! I don't want to trade him, assuming he puts forth his typical effort every game... wow...

And Elliott, way to go! Made all the saves he should have and a few I thought he might struggle on... great hard-working effort by the Sens, and hopefully despite it being a back-to-back game situation, they give the Jackets a good run for their money.

Fisher's biggest problem is his consistency. He is way to streaky to get the kind of money, he'll probably get on a roll and then get injured.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Coaches' contrasting comments, from TSN.com:

"We played 60 minutes of real hardworking hockey," Hartsburg said. "It's what we've been asking for and we got it tonight."

"I didn't like what I saw," coach Andy Murray said. "I thought for the significance of the game and having three days of practice, that our sense of urgency and intensity was not at a level we needed."

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I'm amazed... Watching Fisher last night was just amazing!! I don't want to trade him, assuming he puts forth his typical effort every game... wow...

Fisher's biggest problem is his consistency. He is way to streaky to get the kind of money, he'll probably get on a roll and then get injured.

Ah-HA! You beat me to my next point!
That's the downside to someone who plays balls-out, no-fear hockey. It's great when they're healthy, but they tend to go down repeatedly and often...

For points in general, I don't think there's any shortage of arguments that Fisher makes too much $$; but as a friend of mine said recently is 'can you put a price on what a player brings to the ice in terms of intangibles?' It's tricky to say the least. Is $4.2M too much of a price to pay for heart and passion?

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

rooneypoo wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:nhl.com is saying heatley is first star fisher second and mason third....im confused as to why they thin heatley would be first star

I'm more confused as to why Mason would be a star at all. That goal again Regin was weak... and Gerber-esque, in the since of it's timing (tie game, 2 minutes left).

But, yea, how Fisher isn't unilaterally the first start is beyond me. Probably picked by guys compiling the stats and not actually watching the game.

The 3 stars were picked by the St. Louis Media http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/GS020721.HTM

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Fisher has a problem of consistency effort-wise. I think he can only play at full potential when he has a good playmaker on his line. AKA Alfie or Tony V. It is clear to me now that Mr Underwood is not very good needs someone to give him the puck while he's driving to the net.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I don't think Fisher has a problem of consistency effort-wise. I think he can only play at full potential when he has a good playmaker on his line. AKA Alfie or Tony V. It is clear to me now that Mr Underwood is not very good needs someone to give him the puck while he's driving to the net.

So basically, you're saying what we've been saying forever now: Mike Fisher is a better winger than he is a center.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:So basically, you're saying what we've been saying forever now: Mike Fisher is a better winger than he is a center.

His tone when he mentioned playing the wing to the "Greener" tells me he'll be back to center at some point. Chris Neil was at least a close second to Fisher in terms of best Senators last night.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:So basically, you're saying what we've been saying forever now: Mike Fisher is a better winger than he is a center.

His tone when he mentioned playing the wing to the "Greener" tells me he'll be back to center at some point. Chris Neil was at least a close second to Fisher in terms of best Senators last night.

Excluding that awful giveaway?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Excluding that awful giveaway?

That was part of the overall game wasn't it? So no, you can't exclude it. If you include all the hard work, physical play and aggresive play in the St. Louis zone, Chris Neil had a great game.

dennycrane wrote:The Sens were pretty good overall, but the Blues are not a talented team. Kuba and Bell looked awful. I think Picard will be back in tomorrow.

Nice to see Mike Fisher. Haven't seen him in a while.
Kuba looked awful? What game were you watching? For now, I'll assume you just got the pairings confused and meant to say Smith...because he really was bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum