GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS mid-season award winners

+4
Riprock
sennies1980
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:07 pm

The only difference is Alfi has put in a consistant effort, does things niether of the other 2 do, takes all the media questions, still puts up a PPG for the most part, and is always the hardest working guy on the ice.

Heatley and Spezza are 2 of the 3 best players on this team, but Alfi is still the teams MVP, hands down. The other 2 have been beyond inconsistant and invisable on a lot of nights. Heatley went on a streak of 2 goals in 15 games (something like that) both coming in the same game. Spezza has been help pointless in over 1/2 the games this season and had a month plus long stretch where he had 5 points. MVP? Not a shot.

Alfi keeps it consistant, leads the team, does EVERYTHING for this team. Last min of the game, he is on the ice. Penalty kill with 2 mins left, he is on the ice. Need a goal to tie it up, he is on the ice. There isnt a situation he is not on the ice for. Thats the MVP. Spezza and Heatley. PP, even strenth, thats it.

17SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Hart: Jason Spezza
Norris: Anton Volchenkov
Vezina: Brian Elliott
Selke: Daniel Alfredsson
Calder: Brian Elliott
Breakthrough: Jesse Winchester
Disappointment: Mike Fisher & Antoine Vermette

18SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:35 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:How are people picking Spezza for the Hart seriously? He has been invisable 1/2 the season. Sure, he puts together streaks but this teams best player has been Alfredsson, easily.

He kills penalties, works the PP, still has more points then Spezza, played less games, and is the team leader. Its not even close.

Alfi is still this teams best player, by a large margin.

Last 10 games are easier to remember Razz

19SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

the fact that TSN picked Heatley for the Hart is truly
disturbing. He would probably be my last pick. Donovan
deserves it.

20SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Thats ^ no joke. I wouldn't go as far as giving it to Dono, though...

Hart:
Norris: Filip Kuba
Vezina:
Selke: Dean McAmmond
Calder: Jesse Winchester
Breakthrough:
Disappointment: Jason Smith

*Winchester may be my vote for rookie of the year, but he is not having a breakthrough season... No one is... if anyone even comes close, Spezza would have to be the closest.

21SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Neely4Life wrote:The only difference is Alfi has put in a consistant effort, does things niether of the other 2 do, takes all the media questions, still puts up a PPG for the most part, and is always the hardest working guy on the ice.

Heatley and Spezza are 2 of the 3 best players on this team, but Alfi is still the teams MVP, hands down. The other 2 have been beyond inconsistant and invisable on a lot of nights. Heatley went on a streak of 2 goals in 15 games (something like that) both coming in the same game. Spezza has been help pointless in over 1/2 the games this season and had a month plus long stretch where he had 5 points. MVP? Not a shot.

Alfi keeps it consistant, leads the team, does EVERYTHING for this team. Last min of the game, he is on the ice. Penalty kill with 2 mins left, he is on the ice. Need a goal to tie it up, he is on the ice. There isnt a situation he is not on the ice for. Thats the MVP. Spezza and Heatley. PP, even strenth, thats it.
You're not wrong, necessarily, but you can't possibly try to tell me that you don't see how he's lost a step?

22SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:03 pm

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:The only difference is Alfi has put in a consistant effort, does things niether of the other 2 do, takes all the media questions, still puts up a PPG for the most part, and is always the hardest working guy on the ice.

You're not wrong, necessarily, but you can't possibly try to tell me that you don't see how he's lost a step?

He has lost a step for sure, doesnt mean he hasnt been this teams best all around player while still producing at a rate very few 35 year old players can.

I have no clue why people have picked Spezza and am kind of disturbed just as I am that TSN picked Heatley. They have both been invisable and useless in the majority of games this year.

23SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 pm

cash wrote:Thats ^ no joke. I wouldn't go as far as giving it to Dono, though...

Hart:
Vezina:
Breakthrough:

*Winchester may be my vote for rookie of the year, but he is not having a breakthrough season... No one is... if anyone even comes close, Spezza would have to be the closest.

I am a Smith lover and agree he hasn't had the impact we'd hoped but 'Disappointment' out of all there is to choose from? Really? how bout Fisher? Phillips? Heatley? Foligno? Volchenkov even. Smith was never supposed to be a scorer and we stick him with our worst defenceman every night. I would still take him again and again. The entire team has been horrible IMO Smith is certainly not the biggest disappointment.

24SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:52 am

MurderOnIce wrote:
cash wrote:Thats ^ no joke. I wouldn't go as far as giving it to Dono, though...

Hart:
Vezina:
Breakthrough:

I am a Smith lover and agree he hasn't had the impact we'd hoped but 'Disappointment' out of all there is to choose from? Really? how bout Fisher? Phillips? Heatley? Foligno? Volchenkov even. Smith was never supposed to be a scorer and we stick him with our worst defenceman every night. I would still take him again and again. The entire team has been horrible IMO Smith is certainly not the biggest disappointment.

Agreed. How anyone can be seriously considered for the disappointment tag over Carrie Underwood's boy toy is beyond me. Fisher is on pace to total 28 points. In other words, based on his salary (not cap hit), $214,285 PER POINT.

25SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:33 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:Here's what TSN says in their power rankings.....

Hart: Dany Heatley
Vezina: Brian Elliott
Selke: Chris Kelly
Calder: Brian Lee
Breakthrough: Alexandre Picard
Disappointment: Jason Spezza
Key Injuries: D Anton Volchenkov (shoulder).

My Choices are:
Hart: Spezza
Vezina: Auld
Selke: Vermette
Calder: Winchester
Breakthrough: Alexandre Picard
Disappointment: Fisher
Key Injuries: D Anton Volchenkov (shoulder).

No, you can't give the whole team the Disappointment award, you can only put one name per award based on their performance to date.

This is fresh....awards for losers.

26SENS mid-season award winners - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS mid-season award winners Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:50 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hart: Jason Spezza
Vezina: Alex Auld
Selke: Antoine Vermette
Calder: -
Breakthrough: -
Disappointment: Mike Fisher

Sponsored content