GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 NHL Award winners

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12010 NHL Award winners Empty 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325503

Hart Memorial Trophy (Most valuable player to his team):

Nominees: Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks

Winner: Henrik Sedin

James Norris Trophy (Outstanding all-around defenseman):

Nominees: Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings; Mike Green, Washington Capitals; Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks

Winner: Duncan Keith

Lady Byng Trophy (Sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct):

Nominees: Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings; Brad Richards, Dallas Stars; Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning

Winner: Martin St. Louis

Winner's Bio: St. Louis had 94 points in 2009-10 while taking only six penalties, the highest points-to-penalty ratio in the NHL. The 35-year-old had 29 goals and 65 assists with the Lightning last season

King Clancy Trophy (Leadership qualities on and off the ice):

Winner and Only Nominee: Shane Doan, Phoenix Coyotes

Bill Masterton Trophy (Perseverance, sportsmanship & dedication to hockey):

Nominees: Kurtis Foster, Tampa Bay Lightning; Jed Ortmeyer, San Jose Sharks; Jose Theodore, Washington Capitals

Winner: Jose Theodore

Vezina Trophy (Outstanding goaltender):

Nominees: Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils; Ilya Bryzgalov, Phoenix Coyotes; Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

Winner: Ryan Miller

Winner's Bio: The Michigan native went 41-18-8 with a .929 save percentage and a 2.22 GAA for the Sabres last season. The 29-year-old was drafted 138th overall by Buffalo in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft.

Jack Adams Award (Outstanding coach):

Nominees: Joe Sacco, Colorado Avalanche; Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes; Barry Trotz, Nashville Predators

Winner: Dave Tippett

Ted Lindsay Award (Most outstanding player selected by the NHLPA):

Nominees: Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks

Winner: Alex Ovechkin

Frank J. Selke Trophy (Forward who excels in defensive play):

Nominees: Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings; Ryan Kesler, Vancouver Canucks; Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh Penguins

Winner: Pavel Datsyuk

Winner's Bio: Has won the Lady Byng Trophy 4 consecutive seasons (2006-09) becoming just the 2nd player in NHL history to do so, three consecutive Selke Trophies and two Stanley Cups. Had 27 goals, 43 assists this season.

Calder Trophy ( Rookie of the Year)

Nominees: Matt Duchene - Colorado Avalanche, Jimmy Howard - Detroit Red Wings, Tyler Myers - Buffalo Sabres

Winner: Tyler Myers

Winner's Bio: The 20-year-old native of Houston, Texas had 11 goals and 37 assists in 82 games with the Sabres last season. The 6'8, 222-pound blueliner was drafted 12th overall by the Sabres in the first round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

22010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man this awards show is lame! Jay Mohr doesn't even like hockey!

32010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I feel like Sidney got robbed, but beyond that I can't complain about any of the awards. Even when it comes to the Hart and Lindsay award (that second one is gonna take some getting used to) it's more about preference than anything.

42010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's ok, he's got the Mark Messier Leadership Award! Straight from Mess himself!

52010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 pm

I dont know how people watched that crap, the show was terrible. I turned it off after 10 mins.

62010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the point of this awards show if they already tell you who won beforehand?

72010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:It's ok, he's got the Mark Messier Leadership Award! Straight from Mess himself!

That seems like an award they would invent just so Crosby could get in on the action 2010 NHL Award winners 270956 (P.S I know it's not for that reason, twas a joke, don't all yell at me, haha).

I stand by my Crosby love over the 2 other guys though, haha.

82010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:48 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:I dont know how people watched that crap, the show was terrible. I turned it off after 10 mins.

I flipped a bit, but it was bad.

I saw Miller, Theodore and St-Louis accept their things.

92010 NHL Award winners Empty Re: 2010 NHL Award winners Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

I flipped to it a couple times and i thought the skit between Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan was pretty funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum