GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senschirp talking trade

+4
Phoenix30
PTFlea
Bramlet07
Number Twenty Nine
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 am

504Heater wrote:That's the give and take here, Columbus does NOT need Leclaire and all his injuries, so Ottawa takes him and hopes he returns to last year's in-the-running Vezina pace, but in return they must take Gerber.

Long run Columbus is happy because they shed the contract and let Mason take the reigns, Ottawa's in an interesting position to totally showcase Leclaire for the deadline - or my some miracle if Leclaire plays lights out, we have the tandem for next year with Elliot. Auld at 1 million should be a moveable goalie (for like nothing). Then you'd have Leclaire and Elliot basically in a tandem, you give Elliot a good look in the NHL - like 40 games to Leclaire's 40 - and even better, when Leclaire goes down, Elliot gets his taste.

I'm not in favour of doing this because Gerber's coming off the books anyway, Leclaire creates a logjam of goalies (even if he is a little better than Auld), Russell is too small (but I hear a killer little puck mover), Vermette is traded for size and a little skill.

Schubert's the throw in, I can't see anyone else off our roster we'd part with for this.

I swear, add it all up and it actually smells right $$ wise and hockey-trade wise - doesn't mean I like it though.

This is all just a guess anyway.

I just think that it would be wise for them to keep Leclaire until the season is over. First, I think his value would be higher then, and secondly, if he is healthy, he's a great insurance policy if Mason gets injured, trips up, or Satan cashes in his soul.

I'm really ready to move Schubert, as he's really not giving us a whole lot. With Kuba coming back, now could be the time. I would however like to hang on to Vermette until closer to the deadline. Often teams get goofy on deadline day, realizing that window to acquire a needed piece is fast closing. Despite Vermette's lack of production, he possesses very many attractive qualities. It's the same argument you used on me with Neil as a target of a playoff bound team Wink

Straight up, do you think Murray is going to be here come trade deadline? Or Hartsburg for that matter? Like I said previously, I have a hunch that there will be a new regime in place a month or so prior to the deadline, so they have time to make the proper assessments.

32Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:13 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, you have to think any deal Columbus makes is unlikely to involve roster players, cause why mess with chemistry when they are doing so well? Prospects, picks and maybe 6th-7th d-men and 3rd-4th liners perhaps.

33Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:13 pm

The longer Murray waits to make a deal, the better the deal should be for our team. Right now, other teams know the sens are desprate, Murray is just waiting until they are desperate anb we're so far out of it we can make any deal we want.....just wondering if he'll last long enough see his plan throuhg. I doubt it.

34Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Citizen had rumours today of Murray moving Spezza for Horcoff and a defenceman.

That would be incredibly stupid. We can't make the playoffs, Horcoff is 5 years older than Spezza and only marginally better than Fisher.

35Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:08 pm

I've decided I will stop cheering for this team if something so monumentaly stupid as that ^ is done. Even trading Spezza at this point would be a Diddle move. He's obviously trying to get better and has obviously improved his overall game.

36Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:22 pm

asq2 wrote:The Citizen had rumours today of Murray moving Spezza for Horcoff and a defenceman.

That would be incredibly stupid. We can't make the playoffs, Horcoff is 5 years older than Spezza and only marginally better than Fisher.
I don't see it. Horcoff makes 5.5 for the next 5 years.

37Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Straight up, do you think Murray is going to be here come trade deadline? Or Hartsburg for that matter? Like I said previously, I have a hunch that there will be a new regime in place a month or so prior to the deadline, so they have time to make the proper assessments.

Yes I absolutely do. It's silly to move GMs and philosophies now IMO, Murray has a good idea of what he wants to bring to the table and he'll look to build the defense properly and draft well.

Next year I think we do a little better than this, but not much, the year after I think we have a chance to sneak into the playoffs - but be a really fun, big team, then the year after, I think we're gonna be beasts.

This can be achieved with Murray in charge IMO.

PS You should make this a poll. It's a good question.

38Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:The Citizen had rumours today of Murray moving Spezza for Horcoff and a defenceman.

Sooo dumb unless it's a crazy D-man coming back, like Visnovsky or Souray and even then, it wreaks of dumb.

39Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:23 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

Sooo dumb unless it's a crazy D-man coming back, like Visnovsky or Souray and even then, it wreaks of dumb.
I'd give up Lee and Vermette to get Gilbert and Schremp though, that's a deal that can work.

40Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I'd give up Lee and Vermette to get Gilbert and Schremp though, that's a deal that can work.

I'm not a Schremp fan.

41Senschirp talking trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp talking trade Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:33 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I'm not a Schremp fan.
Who cares, have you seen Gilbert play? He alone would be worth those two.

One kid who'd I love to get my hands on is Kevin Klein in Nashville. That kid is going to be a stud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum