GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?"

+9
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
TheAvatar
wprager
Snuh
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:23 pm

sennies1980

Prospect
Prospect

I guess we will have to wait for someone's memoires years from now to find out what the deal is on the last year in Ottawa.

I want the truth!!!!

HA Wink

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

32Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:To be honest I'd much rather see our team do a complete swan dive as opposed to seeing them squeek into the playoffs and get creamed in 4 games by the Bruins. How long has it been since we've been excited about a prospect coming up through the minors? I know we have Karlsson and now Wiercioch seems to be a real strong player as well but I mean a jaw dropper prospect like Havlat (When he was healthy), or Hossa? Spezza was supposed to be that guy wasn't he? Time for some building of the farm.

Cap, think of it: if they get into the playoffs, they may be squeaking in from a seeding point of view, but they'll be screaming in from a winning record down the stretch point of view. If they make it in, they will have to be the winningest team in the league in the second half.

True enough but do you really see them beating Boston in the first round?

The Leafs had no business beating the Sens in the playoffs all those years. The only reward for regular season success is you get to figure out what all the other teams are looking for at the draft before you need to make up your own mind.

I'm not saying anything other than I'll reserve judgment until I see them (Boston) actually win a couple of rounds.

33Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:03 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sennies1980 wrote:I guess we will have to wait for someone's memoires years from now to find out what the deal is on the last year in Ottawa.

I want the truth!!!!

HA Wink

Some here have already published their memoires.

Oh, wait, you said you wanted the truth. Never mind.

34Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" - Page 3 Empty Re: Senschirp: "Hartsburg on Thin Ice?" Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:47 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronenbergfan wrote:

To the cool-headed, logical Sens fans out there, I salute you for keeping the faith in a way and not jumping to ridiculous conclusions. Trading SOME players or particular players may make sense given the right deal, but clamoring for ship this guy and this guy rarely solves anything and usually sets the organization back further rather than move them ahead as planned.

I was watching the score last night and they had a Al Strachan as a guest along with the host (kulas?) and Osborne (...I think, sorry, I'm already half in the bag). Osborne was basically saying the Sens need to blow everything up. Based on everything I've heard Osborne say in the past he's pretty much the negative indicator. Whatever he says is the opposite of the truth. Sure, we can't leave things exactly as they are, but blowing everything up just seems so exaggeated and desperate to me. Have other teams gone this route before and actually won the cup? (legitimate question since I'm not sure). Besides, there have been so many roster changes already that haven't panned out so far. How is shipping out what's left going to guarantee a better result?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum