GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan McCabe

+3
Aetherial
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 am

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:
I read that this morning somewhere... and I have to agree, I doubt it's with the Sens, even though if he (McCabe) does NOT want to relocate his family, Ottawa is awfully close by...
Who would that leave? Montreal? Boston? to name a few?
Also, what's McCabe making? $5.75 or something like that? Ottawa can't fit that in, or rather they could but there'd be no wiggle room whatsoever...

Ottawa would be a shock. I don't see Pittsburgh or Tampa happening despite what Ek says. I wonder about some teams that nobody has mentioned...

Washington has cap issues, but how about Fedorov or Laich (no idea of the contract status of Fedorov)

Carolina has some cap room... maybe Chad LaRose and a pick?

Buffalo has cap room, close to Toronto... Adam Mair or Dan Paile and a pick?

17Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:
I read that this morning somewhere... and I have to agree, I doubt it's with the Sens, even though if he (McCabe) does NOT want to relocate his family, Ottawa is awfully close by...
Who would that leave? Montreal? Boston? to name a few?
Also, what's McCabe making? $5.75 or something like that? Ottawa can't fit that in, or rather they could but there'd be no wiggle room whatsoever...

Ottawa would be a shock. I don't see Pittsburgh or Tampa happening despite what Ek says. I wonder about some teams that nobody has mentioned...

Washington has cap issues, but how about Fedorov or Laich (no idea of the contract status of Fedorov)

Carolina has some cap room... maybe Chad LaRose and a pick?

Buffalo has cap room, close to Toronto... Adam Mair or Dan Paile and a pick?

Good points. I assumed Buffalo was out, as the rumor that was stated on The Fan 590 indicated it was not in NY state.

Carolina I could see, and really Chad LaRose could do wonder for the Leafs, and a change of scenery may help him as well.

18Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 am

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:

Good points. I assumed Buffalo was out, as the rumor that was stated on The Fan 590 indicated it was not in NY state.

Carolina I could see, and really Chad LaRose could do wonder for the Leafs, and a change of scenery may help him as well.

To be fair, I can't remember if they said out of NY State or if they said something like not one of the NY City area teams.

19Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:21 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

To be fair, I can't remember if they said out of NY State or if they said something like not one of the NY City area teams.

AHH!! The plot thickens...

Out of all the teams you listed, I'd lean towards Carolina or Buffalo.

20Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:

I have my doubts about McCabe going anywhere. Just look at the Redden fiasco. If he did go I'm not really sure where. Weren't there rumblings for a long while about him wanting to go to the Islanders? Was that all bull?

Heard on the Fan 590 this morning on the way to work. There is speculation, nothing confirmed, that a deal has been worked out to trade McCabe to an eastern confernce team... NOT in NY state.

... I know this sounds like an Eklund rumor because there are no details, but I actually did hear this this morning so make of it what you will.

... I would really doubt the deal is with the Sens though Smile

I agree. Dealing in Division is dicey at best.

21Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

An article on Sportsnet suggests that McCabe is finally willing to accept a trade.

A trade that I'd like to see, while improbable, would be with Pittsburgh to land Jordan Staal. I don't know if Pittsburgh's defence needs a boost with the likes of McCabe and I doubt they are likely to trade Staal, at least this early, but that's they guy I want in Toronto. And this trade would likely require more than just McCabe, but there's a few players Toronto should not trade (Schenn, Tlusty, Kulemin) nor their first round picks.

So it's very unlikely they get him.

22Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:An article on Sportsnet suggests that McCabe is finally willing to accept a trade.

A trade that I'd like to see, while improbable, would be with Pittsburgh to land Jordan Staal. I don't know if Pittsburgh's defence needs a boost with the likes of McCabe and I doubt they are likely to trade Staal, at least this early, but that's they guy I want in Toronto. And this trade would likely require more than just McCabe, but there's a few players Toronto should not trade (Schenn, Tlusty, Kulemin) nor their first round picks.

So it's very unlikely they get him.

Pittsburgh has Gonchar, who does what McCabe does but better. Pittsburgh also doesn't have the cap space, or do they?

23Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't even know if they have the cap space, but they sure did when they wanted to re-sign Hossa - but I guess they sued part of that up with Satan and whatshisface?

24Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:I don't even know if they have the cap space, but they sure did when they wanted to re-sign Hossa - but I guess they sued part of that up with Satan and
whatshisface?

According to NHLSCap.com they have $1.34M. Add Staal's $2.2M and you're still well-shy of McCabe's almost $6M. They'd need to move another $4M or so (leaving room for injuries/deadline).

I looked at some of their cap numbers: Orpik is $3.75M???! Hal Gill at $2.075M is a huge bargain by comparison.

25Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

McCabe to Ottawa for 2nd round pick + Hennessey! That's what I'd offer based on what Glucker on HB forusm suggested.

26Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oops...and I made a new thread about this. I'll take him, but gosh knows that Barfallo could use him now that Campbell's gone.

I don't think we're winning this battle.

PS When does Kubina's NTC kick in? It must be soon, the 19th?

27Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:53 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:McCabe to Ottawa for 2nd round pick + Hennessey! That's what I'd offer based on what Glucker on HB forusm suggested.

If we can manage that, we should then move Meszaros, Gerber, and McAmmond to Atlanta for Lehtonen and a pick/prospect. We'd be pretty well off at that point I think.

Murray (1.25) - Spezza (7) - Heatley (7.5) ----- (15.75)
Vermette (2.725) - Fisher (4.2) - Alfredsson (4.339) ----- (11.289)
Foligno (0.85) - Kelly (2.125) - Winchester (0.55) ----- (3.525)
Neil (1.1) - Bass (0.513) - Donovan (0.6) ----- (2.213)

Phillips (3.5) - Volchenkov (2.5) ----- (6)
Smith (2.6) - McCabe (5.75) ----- (8.35)
Schubert (0.885) - Lee (1.25) ----- (2.135)

Lehtonen (3)
Auld (1)
Emery (0.479)

That comes up to 53.741.

28Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You left out Ruutu.

29Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:53 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:You left out Ruutu.

That I have. It seems any way I slice a trade we still have quite a few extra forwards on one-way contracts. Fortunately, in this case, subtracting Winchester and adding Ruutu in place brings our total up to 54.5; leaving us a handy 2.2 million in cap space.

30Bryan McCabe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan McCabe Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:28 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Oops...and I made a new thread about this. I'll take him, but gosh knows that Barfallo could use him now that Campbell's gone.

I don't think we're winning this battle.

PS When does Kubina's NTC kick in? It must be soon, the 19th?

It is the 15th. I am not sure if that means the 15th is the last day the Leafs can trade him or if it is the 14th.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum