GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Trade in NHL History?

+3
Acrobat
asq2
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Worst Trade in NHL History

Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap20%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap27%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap20%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap27%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap227%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap233%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_lcap226%Worst Trade in NHL History? Vote_rcap2 26% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Honorable mention to Marcel Dionne for Terry Harper and Don Maloney

2Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I went with the Lindros deal, although I considered the Neely one as well.

3Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:19 pm

wprager wrote:I went with the Lindros deal.
especially when you add in that some of those pieces were used to get Roy.

4Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

No mention of Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish/whomever?

Or Yashin for Chara, Spezza, Muckalt?

Or Todd Kurvers for a first rounder (Scott Niedermayer)?

5Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:37 pm

asq2 wrote:No mention of Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish/whomever?

its hard to pick just 10... and the last two dont count because no one knew what that pick would become.

6Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Todd Kurvers? I remember a Tom Kurvers -- any relation or is that what you meant? And if that's what you meant, wow, really?

Then, again, unless you're picking first overall or top-three in a great draft like this year, it's really a crapshoot. I bet way more first-rounders ended up like Kurvers than Niedermayer.

7Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:05 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Todd Kurvers? I remember a Tom Kurvers -- any relation or is that what you meant? And if that's what you meant, wow, really?

Then, again, unless you're picking first overall or top-three in a great draft like this year, it's really a crapshoot. I bet way more first-rounders ended up like Kurvers than Niedermayer.

Tom Kurvers. My mistake.

Kurvers was established already, Niedermayer was the top-3 pick.

8Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:25 pm

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Tom Kurvers. My mistake.

it's not like they knew the pick would be 3rd overall, right?

9Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Tom Kurvers. My mistake.

it's not like they knew the pick would be 3rd overall, right?

Yeah, but if Kurvers was already "established" they probably should have known better. :D

10Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Neely AND a 1st, WOW!

11Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'm suddenly a little more hesitant to trade Spezza...or to trade for J-Bo...

12Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 am

I picked the Gilmour-Leeman deal. Turned the Leafs around. Honorable mention goes to the Lindros deal though...which the exception of his Hart season, I don't anyone would do Lindros for Forsberg straight, much less for Forsberg, the kitchen sink and the rest of the appliances.

13Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I went with the Luongo trade, because it was so brilliantly bad.

14Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:23 am

I went with the espo deal, chicago gave him away Sad

Last edited by HowieMorenz-is-Alive on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

15Worst Trade in NHL History? Empty Re: Worst Trade in NHL History? Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I had to say the Lindros deal... That's the only reason why Colorado has the success they've had.. and like has been said, that trade allowed them to get Roy too...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum