GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meh...it's only 4.5 million...

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I hope this puts things into perspective a bit in Ottawa. Gerber is a good team mate unlike Theodore. He is signed for less, with not even a year left on his contract. Things could be a lot worse when you look around the league.

Is he not a good teammate? I have/had no idea. I would think they're very similar goalies, Theodore is obviously a better goalie, but they're both pretty damn average tenders who are being beaten out by their backups.

17Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:I can't see columbus or Long Island.

Me neither really, but they're on a short leash. Columbus should be working, but they can't win. Long Island might actually be a lost cause. Don't forget teams can fold too.

18Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 pm

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:I can't see columbus or Long Island.

Me neither really, but they're on a short leash. Columbus should be working, but they can't win. Long Island might actually be a lost cause. Don't forget teams can fold too.
The Isles have good support though. also 4 cups help your argument.

19Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:The Isles have good support though. also 4 cups help your argument.

Last this year already, last last year, third last the year before, last the year before that. It's baaaad news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2009

Oh, I forgot about Nashville. Draw more fans...

20Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think Columbus needs a playoff appearance to help with some of their issues. As much as it sucks to admit it, winning is everything to the average fan.

If I were commissioner...I would fold and/or move the 6 lowest revenue-generating franchises of the last 8 years.

Goodbye and so long.

21Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 pm

eek... I don't know how to respond.

22Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I think Columbus needs a playoff appearance to help with some of their issues. As much as it sucks to admit it, winning is everything to the average fan.

If I were commissioner...I would fold and/or move the 6 lowest revenue-generating franchises of the last 8 years.

Goodbye and so long.

1 playoff is all Columbus needs. I'm sure of it. It should be hockey country there.

23Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:eek... I don't know how to respond.

Look at the Habs. Wow...they could ice a team of turds (some would argue they do) and still gross 21,000+.

24Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:21 am

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I hope this puts things into perspective a bit in Ottawa. Gerber is a good team mate unlike Theodore. He is signed for less, with not even a year left on his contract. Things could be a lot worse when you look around the league.

Is he not a good teammate? I have/had no idea. I would think they're very similar goalies, Theodore is obviously a better goalie, but they're both pretty damn average tenders who are being beaten out by their backups.

OMG, I would take Gerber every time over Theodore. At least Gerber gets a piece of the shot most of the time.

Theodore got dealt out of Mtl because he was an idiot, nothing less, along with Rebiero. He clearly has no loaylaty and is about the cash and has been for a very long time.

Gerber is a better goaltender then Theodore, no doubt in my mind. I think the only people who would disagree wth that dont have a lot of objectivity when it comes to Gerber in this city. Theodore is as bad as any goaltender in the league.

25Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'll take our situation with Gerbs over Theodore.

That was the second worse signing of the off season.

26Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 am

mattshock wrote:I'll take our situation with Gerbs over Theodore.

That was the second worse signing of the off season.

Malone was the worst for sure, and in Chicago's situation I would say Campbell and Huet are up there too. They are going to have real issues signing one of Kane or Towes going forward, exspecially when Keith and Seabrooke will be looking for top dollar.

But Gerber, over Theodore right now without a second thought. He is a better goaltender and the contract situation is way better. Washington screwed themselves with it, but I dont think Huet is that much better than either of those guys, just played insane hockey for an important stretch in Washington when there was no pressure at all. There wasnt pressure there to make the playoffs last year, it was just an added bonus on a great year.

27Meh...it's only 4.5 million... - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:31 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

And they've got him for another year after this.

They don't have much cap room, but Federov should be coming off the books.

I have to say the worst signing was Redden. I can't believe he was taken for $6.5M, and for such a long term. Malone was a brutal signing, as was Campbell, but those were just inflated UFA salaries. There were bidding wars for those two. I can't picture there having been a bidding war for Redden, and especially from a team from the East, they should have known better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum