GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meh...it's only 4.5 million...

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

4 wins, 3 losses, an alarming 3.44 GAA and a .877 save %.

No, these are not the numbers of Martin Gerber (although, I would gladly take the 4 wins), these are the numbers of off-season acquisition Jose Theodore.

Hmmm. What's the trend here? Another starting goalie who had a 'bounce back season' and now's cashing in and not performing.

To Jose Theodore: what were you thinking? The Avs took you from a steaming pile of dung and brought you back from the dead. Jeff Hackett reportedly spent thousands of hours refining your game and instead of taking what you were worth in a 3-3.5 million dollar 2 year deal, you balk and walk.

Good for you, the franchise that gave you the chance to prove yourself and get yourself out of the top 5 (worst goalies) and into the realm of being taken seriously again wanted you back - and you farted in their face.

To the Washington Capitals: what were you thinking? Here's a guy that was spurned by a team in your Conference, came over to you, played lights out posting a 1.63 GAA and a .936 save % and you get outbid for his services? Really? You couldn't have payed an extra million dollars and kept Huet? Did he loathe being a part of the Caps that much? No, you got cheap and went for the KIA when the Beamer was there for you. Some blame goes on Huet for not negotiating a 5 million dollar package with the Caps and leaving money on the table, but still...

So to everyone who was involved in this process - including Huet, we, the Eastern Conference thanks you very much! Now Brent Johnson is the Caps only hope. They can't acquire another goaltender, not with that much invested for another year in Theo, so they will fester. And believe me, fester they will. I was excited when they ditched Huet and went for Theodore, now the ship's passing with each day. And unless Brent Johnson starts playing each opponent as if they were the Ottawa Senators, they ain't making no playoffs this year.

squirrel

Last edited by 504Heater on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:4 wins, 3 losses, an alarming 3.44 GAA and a .877 save %.

No, these are not the numbers of Martin Gerber (although, I would gladly take the 4 wins), these are the numbers of off-season acquisition Jose Theodore.

Hmmm. What's the trend here? Another starting goalie who had a 'bounce back season' and now's cashing in and not performing.

To Jose Theodore: what were you thinking? The Avs took you from a steaming pile of dung and brought you back from the dead. Jeff Hackett reportedly spent thousands of hours refining your game and instead of taking what you were worth in a 3-3.5 million dollar 2 year deal, you balk and walk.

Good for you, the franchise that gave you the chance to prove yourself and get yourself out of the top 5 (worst goalies) and into the realm of being taken seriously again wanted you back - and you farted in their face.

To the Washington Capitals: what were you thinking? Here's a guy that was spurned by a team in your Conference, came over to you, played lights out posting a 1.63 GAA and a .936 save % and you get outbid for his services? Really? You couldn't have payed an extra million dollars and kept Huet? Did he loathe being a part of the Caps that much? No, you got cheap and went for the KIA when the Beamer was there for you. Some blame goes on Huet for not negotiating a 5 million dollar package with the Caps and leaving money on the table, but still...

So to everyone who was involved in this process - including Huet, we, the Eastern Conference thanks you very much! Now Brent Johnson is the Caps only hope. They can't acquire another goaltender, not with that much invested for another year in Theo, so they will fester. And believe me, fester they will. I was excited when they ditched Huet and went for Theodore, now the ship's passing with each day. And unless Brent Johnson starts playing each opponent as if they were the Ottawa Senators, they ain't making no playoffs this year.

Where's the monkey?

3Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:38 pm

Very Well said. Turns out that Huet is no better this year than Theodore. Time will tell if they can turn their seasons around.

4Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Where's the monkey?

That's true, it was monkey-worthy for sure.

5Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:Very Well said. Turns out that Huet is no better this year than Theodore. Time will tell if they can turn their seasons around.

I wanted to roast Huet so badly last night, but with the exception of one of the worst goals and goalie can allow (behind the net - banked off his leg), he was actually very good. His numbers are getting better and his poise is getting there.

Definitely a major upgrade over Theodore IMO.

6Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:20 pm

504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Very Well said. Turns out that Huet is no better this year than Theodore. Time will tell if they can turn their seasons around.

I wanted to roast Huet so badly last night, but with the exception of one of the worst goals and goalie can allow (behind the net - banked off his leg), he was actually very good. His numbers are getting better and his poise is getting there.

Definitely a major upgrade over Theodore IMO.

For sure. Theo seems a losing streak away from imploding again. Way too much of a risk despite what he did in Colorado last year.

7Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The only reason this isn't magnified is because the Capitals play in the uber crap-tastic SE Division. A few star players in there, but absolutely no good teams. Just slightly above average teams that beat up on sub par teams.

8Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:The only reason this isn't magnified is because the Capitals play in the uber crap-tastic SE Division. A few star players in there, but absolutely no good teams. Just slightly above average teams that beat up on sub par teams.

Agreed. Although, I think this time it might become magnified with Ovie's playoff chances taking a hit because Theodore sucks.

Luckily Brent Johnson was one of the 3 stars of the week this week. He better keep it up...

9Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

He won't. It's quite odd to see how many teams don't have 'good' goaltending situations.

Parity in the NHL just means garbage teams get to eat up talent in small-market nickel and dime cities while getting served up a cheque at the end of the year from their richer brothers around the country.

Diddle this retarded league. The only reason I still watch is because I love the game of hockey so much. The NHL is to hockey what Maple Leaf is to deli meats.

Fail.

10Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:53 pm

I hope this puts things into perspective a bit in Ottawa. Gerber is a good team mate unlike Theodore. He is signed for less, with not even a year left on his contract. Things could be a lot worse when you look around the league.

11Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty much. Although, the sad sisters of the NHL should be gone soon enough. Atlanta, Phoenix, Carolina, Columbus (real shame), Long Island, Florida. Better start packing 'em in somehow. The NHL is ruled by powerful owners who don't enjoy seeing their league deflated by lame duck franchises. Not to mention that Bettman won't last forever - and I can see the next commissioner wanting the bottom dwellers in attendance to pack up and move to either another US area or up to Canada.

12Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 pm

504Heater wrote:Pretty much. Although, the sad sisters of the NHL should be gone soon enough. Atlanta, Phoenix, Carolina, Columbus (real shame), Long Island, Florida. Better start packing 'em in somehow. The NHL is ruled by powerful owners who don't enjoy seeing their league deflated by lame duck franchises. Not to mention that Bettman won't last forever - and I can see the next commissioner wanting the bottom dwellers in attendance to pack up and move to either another US area or up to Canada.
I can't see columbus or Long Island.

13Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I hope this puts things into perspective a bit in Ottawa. Gerber is a good team mate unlike Theodore. He is signed for less, with not even a year left on his contract. Things could be a lot worse when you look around the league.

Is he not a good teammate? I have/had no idea. I would think they're very similar goalies, Theodore is obviously a better goalie, but they're both pretty damn average tenders who are being beaten out by their backups.

14Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:I can't see columbus or Long Island.

Me neither really, but they're on a short leash. Columbus should be working, but they can't win. Long Island might actually be a lost cause. Don't forget teams can fold too.

15Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Empty Re: Meh...it's only 4.5 million... Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 pm

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:I can't see columbus or Long Island.

Me neither really, but they're on a short leash. Columbus should be working, but they can't win. Long Island might actually be a lost cause. Don't forget teams can fold too.
The Isles have good support though. also 4 cups help your argument.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum