GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumor of Spezza moving closer to the trade block????

+6
asq2
PTFlea
Cronie
mattshock
smash88
Phoenix30
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:1. Diddle the goddamn Spezza rumours. Damn.

2. Fisher has a NMC, not a no-trade, a no-MOVEMENT clause. You think he wants to leave and will waive it? No.

I think he would waive his NMC in the right situation. He saw the back lash that Redden took so you would think he may not want to go down that road. Especially when he isnt scoring at the moment. He might consider a fresh start as a good thing.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Especially not to Florida! LOL and especially not after they lose JBo....

Exactly. Plus...do we gas Fisher because he hasn't scored in 9 games? Really? To me it sounded like he had a great game against TB. He desperately needs to score, but we all know he's going to.

I suggest we wait and if something comes up that we need to move salary, there's Gerber and if the deal is big enough perhaps Vermette - and if the deal gets super-sized then there's Kelly, Kuba.

Certainly moving Fisher is a bad move. We've gotta be patient!

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Yup, my suggestions were whacky speculation at it's worst.

Fisher and Spezza are going NOWHERE, but that won't stop the rumours from constantly creeping up.

This is very, very, very simple:
Fisher has a NMC and is going nowhere.
Spezza's recent play has made him untradeable - no question.
Kuba has a NTC and isn't going to waive it twice in one season; not to mention that he's been playing well so far.

The only moveable pieces on this team are Kelly, Vermette, Schubert, McAmmond, Neil, Gerber, and possibly Picard (mainly because he's been sh*tty; but he's young and he's learning...)
Imo Kelly's play this season takes him 100% out of that category, but his salary is one of the bigger ones for role players, so that puts him closer to the bubble.
Vermette has been sh*t until recently, so we'll see what happens with him, but he is on the block.
Same for Schubert. He's really picked up his play recently and I really llike what he's done on the back end, since being put back in that position.
McAmmond has been great and he's relatively inexpensive. He should be safe.
Neil is firmly on the block, but I really like the idea of having both he and Ruutu on the same team and even on the same line - I suspect Murray feels the same.
Gerber has zero value and is a solid backup (with an insane pricetag)
Picard has been bothering me every time I see him with the puck, since the Phoenix game. I don't know where he stands with Murray, but he would be expendable if I were GM (for the right deal...maybe as part of a package for Bouw or Ohlund or Seabrook)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think Kuba has - or ever had - a NTC. I think that was some tool (Garrioch possibly?) mis-reporting.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Even if he did have an NTC, I believe if you waive it once, it's gone.

Not that I want to move Kuba. All situations d-men averaging over a PPG for $3 million don't grow on trees.

Also, I'm getting sick of these stupid Spezza rumours.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre was talking about Florida *having to* move Bouwmeester instead of losing him for nothing at the end of the season. What would it take? I'm offering Vermette, Schubert and Picard. And before you say it's not enough, Bouwmeester is UFA next year.

wprager wrote:Pierre was talking about Florida *having to* move Bouwmeester instead of losing him for nothing at the end of the season. What would it take? I'm offering Vermette, Schubert and Picard. And before you say it's not enough, Bouwmeester is UFA next year.
I had the same kind of idea, but it was Vermette, Picard, Nikulin (This was before we got fatass), SJ 1st, and Ottawa 4th.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
wprager wrote:Pierre was talking about Florida *having to* move Bouwmeester instead of losing him for nothing at the end of the season. What would it take? I'm offering Vermette, Schubert and Picard. And before you say it's not enough, Bouwmeester is UFA next year.
I had the same kind of idea, but it was Vermette, Picard, Nikulin (This was before we got fatass), SJ 1st, and Ottawa 4th.

For Bouwmeester? All that? Are you drunk?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Let's compare this to last year. A pending UFA PMD: Brian Campbell.

Brian Campbell + 7th Round Pick
for
Steve Bernier and a 1st rounder

I'd say Vermette has MORE trade value than Bernier (who didn't even have a contract extention when traded), as he's had better offensive production, and is more skilled. I'd say Vermette has better top-6 potential than Bernier.

By that logic, Vermette and a 1st should get it done. Now, I realize Bouw has more value than Campbell did (at least at this point in the season), so the addition of Picard should get this done easily.

If not done, it's in the realm of possibility.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:Let's compare this to last year. A pending UFA PMD: Brian Campbell.

Brian Campbell + 7th Round Pick
for
Steve Bernier and a 1st rounder

I'd say Vermette has MORE trade value than Bernier (who didn't even have a contract extention when traded), as he's had better offensive production, and is more skilled. I'd say Vermette has better top-6 potential than Bernier.

By that logic, Vermette and a 1st should get it done. Now, I realize Bouw has more value than Campbell did (at least at this point in the season), so the addition of Picard should get this done easily.

If not done, it's in the realm of possibility.

We're not moving Picard, certainly not this early. He was the centrepiece of the Meszaros trade.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'd say he's expendable with Lee in the wings, and especially if it addresses a team need by bringing in Bouw.

That said, I agree with you that he's not likely being actively shopped. Word is Murray insisted on him.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:I'd say he's expendable with Lee in the wings, and especially if it addresses a team need by bringing in Bouw.

That said, I agree with you that he's not likely being actively shopped. Word is Murray insisted on him.

Actually, I think it more likely that we'd trade Lee over Picard.

Don't shoot the messenger... Smile

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

No promises. I'd be frothing at the mouth with rage if we traded Lee or Foligno.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:No promises. I'd be frothing at the mouth with rage if we traded Lee or Foligno.

It all depends though, if Picard or Lee turn into Bouwmeester what GM in the world wouldn't make that deal... I'm pretty sure if the deal was Vermette, a 1st and Picard or Lee, that deal would be made...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That sounds like it's in the ballpark.

That said, I'd want some contract assurances.

Maybe make the pick conditional on him re-signing or something. Look what happened with Buffalo and the Sharks. Campell left for nothing Bernier didn't re-up with the slugs.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Normally I would agree. And then who replaces Vermette? Zubov, Smith?
Sundin?! LOL

I have to agree though, Vermette, a 1st and Picard or Lee would certainly get us Bow or at least result in a minor counter by Florida.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:That sounds like it's in the ballpark.

That said, I'd want some contract assurances.

Maybe make the pick conditional on him re-signing or something. Look what happened with Buffalo and the Sharks. Campell left for nothing Bernier didn't re-up with the slugs.

I agree, this deal dosen't get done if Bo dosen't agree to an extension beforehand...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum