GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing

+10
BigRig
smash88
SensGirl11
Mosky
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
beerandsens
rooneypoo
wprager
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing

POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_lcap278%POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 78% [ 25 ]
POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:04 pm

Mosky

Rookie
Rookie

Gotta give the nod to Ringo Star.. the most i would have signed him for would be a nickel and a box of Special K, of course specially modified to be "Special W.. For the Cokehead in you!"

Too far? :king:

17POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mosky wrote:Gotta give the nod to Ringo Star.. the most i would have signed him for would be a nickel and a box of Special K, of course specially modified to be "Special W.. For the Cokehead in you!"

Too far? :king:

:D The most I would've signed him for is 4.5 million - and even then I would've been nervous!

18POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Come on, it's gotta be Finger for sure! Who is this guy, and why does he warrant $3.5/per. Ridiculous! That has to have been a mistake. Redden for sure is a close, close, close 2nd. But I had to vote for the Finger signing...he's never proven anything in this league, Redden at one point has...

19POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Come on, it's gotta be Finger for sure! Who is this guy, and why does he warrant $3.5/per. Ridiculous! That has to have been a mistake. Redden for sure is a close, close, close 2nd. But I had to vote for the Finger signing...he's never proven anything in this league, Redden at one point has...

I'd rather have Finger (who is average) than Redden who's contract is a Diddle albatross of sadness and death. They're already lamenting Redden's softness in NY.

20POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:19 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Come on, it's gotta be Finger for sure! Who is this guy, and why does he warrant $3.5/per. Ridiculous! That has to have been a mistake. Redden for sure is a close, close, close 2nd. But I had to vote for the Finger signing...he's never proven anything in this league, Redden at one point has...

I'd rather have Finger (who is average) than Redden who's contract is a Diddle albatross of sadness and death. They're already lamenting Redden's softness in NY.

I can kind of see what you mean here, but this Finger guy probably doesn't deserve more than $1million/per. At least Redden (as much as I would never want him back for anything near what he's making) has proven himself in the past, and you would think that there's maybe a slight chance that he can get back to what he was. He has the knowledge, (had the skill) and the maturity to back it up. Finger has...a combined 94 games played, and 24 points at a +22 for his career...barely even worth $1million...I really think this was the worst signing of all this year...

21POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:36 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah it's a tough one... almost all of those are pretty "out there"... But I do have to go with Ringo... just the 6 year part, I really can't wrap my head around that one... Honorable mentions go out to Jeff Finger and Ron Hainsey...

22POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:Yeah it's a tough one... almost all of those are pretty "out there"... But I do have to go with Ringo... just the 6 year part, I really can't wrap my head around that one... Honorable mentions go out to Jeff Finger and Ron Hainsey...

I still can't believe that. 6 years @ 6.5 million dollars a year.

Good luck with that NY. It'll be a horrible, cap-munching, no Cup for you signing albatross for the next...6 years. *Barf-o-rama*.

23POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:Yeah it's a tough one... almost all of those are pretty "out there"... But I do have to go with Ringo... just the 6 year part, I really can't wrap my head around that one... Honorable mentions go out to Jeff Finger and Ron Hainsey...

I still can't believe that. 6 years @ 6.5 million dollars a year.

Good luck with that NY. It'll be a horrible, cap-munching, no Cup for you signing albatross for the next...6 years. *Barf-o-rama*.

Yeah it's definitely a head scratcher! I just can't get over the 6 year part... I can understand them giving him the same salary, simply because they are bidding and i'm sure other teams had bids in... But then to offer him 6 years?? that's just ludicrous... Especially after he has played the past 2 years.. Do you really want to be stuck with that for 5 years if the first season dosen't work out? LOL I'm just glad these aren't problems we have... yet!

24POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

As much as I agree about Wade and Finger....Huet shouldn't have been given 4 years...waaaay too long....

He's hit and miss and for sure he's gonna be riding to bench in a couple of years making 5.6Mil...

25POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Yeah it's definitely a head scratcher! I just can't get over the 6 year part... I can understand them giving him the same salary, simply because they are bidding and i'm sure other teams had bids in... But then to offer him 6 years?? that's just ludicrous... Especially after he has played the past 2 years.. Do you really want to be stuck with that for 5 years if the first season dosen't work out? LOL I'm just glad these aren't problems we have... yet!

I don't think we'll have that problem. Bryan Murray is a smart man, he doesn't give mentally challenged contracts out like Sather. In his wildest dreams he never would've given Redden that much. The contracts he gave out are all beauties (Spezza, Heatley, Fisher, Kelly, Vermette etc. etc.) One could argue the Fisher and Kelly contracts were a little high, but they're within a couple of hundred thousand of market value.

26POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

I don't think we'll have that problem. Bryan Murray is a smart man, he doesn't give mentally challenged contracts out like Sather. In his wildest dreams he never would've given Redden that much. The contracts he gave out are all beauties (Spezza, Heatley, Fisher, Kelly, Vermette etc. etc.) One could argue the Fisher and Kelly contracts were a little high, but they're within a couple of hundred thousand of market value.

All of the key players that I think should never play anywhere else but in a sens uni, have been signed long term, and i couldn't be happier with what Murray has done.

The Wader contract situation is unfortunate, for NY, personally. Honestly, for the past like 3 years, all i have been saying is get rid of Redden, his passes were breaking down, getting intercepted, and he was just slowing down and slowing down more. He shouldn't of been signed for that long or for that much but it was all about getting the biggest offer out there to make sure that they wouldn't be out-bid. and they weren't and now they are kicking themselves.. or they should be..

27POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Yeah, your right about that... Murray has been pretty smart about managing the money... I don't like Kelly's contract at all, but I don't really like the player that much either, but supposedly he brings something that most other players can't do.. (what that is I am not sure...)

Fisher is a little high for our organization.. But I guarentee he would have probably gotten more on the open-market, so we did what we had to in order to keep him, and I believe he is too valuable to let go... But other than that all contracts done by Murray have been golden!

28POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'll be watching the Redden situation in NY with great interest.

29POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:38 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Good ol' Center Ice Suspect

30POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:38 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Yeah, I'll be watching the Redden situation in NY with great interest.

LOL, I think we all will be!

31POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Commodore... $3.75 for a slow, defensive dman. Makes Finger, who is younger and all around better, a steal.

32POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Commodore... $3.75 for a slow, defensive dman. Makes Finger, who is younger and all around better, a steal.

Yeah but, you don't really know Finger... He is younger, but IMO hasn't proved he's worth that kind of money...

Commodore may not be worth that type of money, but at least you know what ayou are getting...

33POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: The Worst Free Agent Signing Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hey, would you turn the money down?

He may not have proved he's worth it, but he didn't prove he isn't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum