GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Listening to Right now?

+31
wprager
Hoags
Flo The Action
Riprock
stempniaksen
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
sens4win
Vandelay
KidKarlsson
Jordo
LethalLehner
Bramlet07
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
spader
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
pgood
Snuh
Cronie
beedub
SensGirl11
Hayden
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
PTFlea
shabbs
TheAvatar
PKC
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 25]

166What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:52 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

one of my co-workers showed me this last night, sorry I can't embed, not a youtube or dailymotion link (they are blocked here) but this is definitely worth the click, if at work, I will warm you, this is NSFW with the language.

http://crookedminds.com/music/cee-lo-greens-Diddle-you/

darn filter lol, well you know what to change the Diddle to if you want this to work lol

167What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:It is imperative that everyone reading this check out Midlake. The album is called The Trials of Van Occupanther and it is something special.

So I was hurtin for some new music and decided to take a gander through this old thread...loving both Midlake and the National (alligator...will give Boxer a listen soon enough). Nothing better than trolling a hockey site for new tunes...

Anyway, you may or may not enjoy Armistice. It's a new album from Jay Malinowski (Bedouin soundclash) and Beatrice Martin (Coeur de pirate).

168What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

You can download the new Headstones track, Binthiswayforyears, their first single in years and years, off their site:

http://www.headstonesband.com/?promocode=Headstones_01

Just need to sign up for their e-mail list. Then they will e-mail you with the link.

169What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:13 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Amazing piano cover of Green Day's Brain Stew, performed by Weezer:

170What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:46 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cool. Thanks for posting. I love that tune (remember the version on the Godzilla soundtrack with all the screeching?).

Since when is Rivers such a nutbar?

171What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Cool. Thanks for posting. I love that tune (remember the version on the Godzilla soundtrack with all the screeching?).

I thought he was always a nut bar?!?! I mean his name is Rivers, and he was raised in an ashram. Although there is nothing wrong with any of that, it certainly is far from normal.

172What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The Silfer Server wrote:
spader wrote:Cool. Thanks for posting. I love that tune (remember the version on the Godzilla soundtrack with all the screeching?).

I thought he was always a nut bar?!?! I mean his name is Rivers, and he was raised in an ashram. Although there is nothing wrong with any of that, it certainly is far from normal.
Fair enough. He just seems a little nuttier than I remember him.

173What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

174What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good Lord that song is so awesome. Top 3 of all time for me - one hell of a guitar solo by Hackett. Wish I had a fat joint right now...

175What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just got the new Rush live album...pretty good so far. Also picked up the remastered Dark Side of the Moon and Animals by Floyd. So yeah...I have no $$ left now.

176What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Anybody else want to share their top albums of the year?

1. Songbook- Chris Cornell
2. Wasting Light- Foo Fighters
3. Live From Beyond Hell/Above Heaven- Volbeat
4. I'm With You- Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Th1rt3en- Megadeth

177What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't listen to current music unless it's on in the background (or on the Family channel Facepalm ). Like fine wine, modern music gets better after 10 years or so Smile

My kid got an mp3 player from his grandparents and wants to fill it up more. He's into classic rock (atta boy!) Although *I* prefer buying complete albums, he will probably do better with "Best of" compilations. Any recommendations?

We already have Dark Side of the Moon, so would there really be a best-of Floyd that would serve me better than just getting The Wall?

Similarly for Supertramp -- I've got Breakfast in America (my other Supertramp is on vinyl), so do I get a best-of or Crime of the Century (not sue how much he'd like Even in the Quietest Moments -- he didn't get into A Fool's Overture).

He also wants Zeppelin. *I* want Zeppelin. I literally have nothing (except for the Honeydrippers). Is there a good best-of?

AC/DC -- he likes them as pre-game rev-up stuff.

And I haven't even gotten into Beatles and Stones.

178What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:28 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Zeppelin's best of is Mothership.

Some of these artists/albums may not have been in the past year, but I'll agree with Foo Fighter's cd, and also add: Mumford & Sons, Foster the People and A.W.O.Lnation

179What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:Anybody else want to share their top albums of the year?

5. Th1rt3en- Megadeth

Mine is more "mainstream".

Tony Bennett - Duets II (puts me in a good mood during the holiday season)
The Roots - Undun
Lady Antebellum - Own the night
Bad meets evil - Hell: The sequel (When Eminem is not doing mainstream I think he's the best rapper alive, too much talent)
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto

180What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

181What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk wrote:Anybody else want to share their top albums of the year?

5. Th1rt3en- Megadeth

1. Eureka - Mother Mother
2. Camp - Childish Gambino
3. Hurry Up, We're Dreaming - M83
4. Torches - Foster the People
5. Angles - The Strokes

HM: Live From Beyond Hell/Above Heaven - Volbeat

182What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm Coming Home - Dirty South Remix
Attention! - Heatcliff and Barnes
Personal Jesus - Eric Prydz Remix
Hefty - Dezza
Ghost in the Machien - Michael Cassette

183What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

My favourite album of the year is Unto The Locust by Machine Head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum