GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Listening to Right now?

+31
wprager
Hoags
Flo The Action
Riprock
stempniaksen
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
sens4win
Vandelay
KidKarlsson
Jordo
LethalLehner
Bramlet07
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
spader
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
pgood
Snuh
Cronie
beedub
SensGirl11
Hayden
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
PTFlea
shabbs
TheAvatar
PKC
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 25]

91What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:39 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's awesome. Lee Michaels, huh? Have to check more of his stuff out.

92What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:42 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One of the best pieces from The Wall. Gilmour's solo is clean and searing.

93What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:That's awesome. Lee Michaels, huh? Have to check more of his stuff out.

Isn't that nuts? That was the show. Him and a drummer. Period.

He's a one-hit wonder on the strength of a single called "Do You Know What I Mean".

"Clean and searing" defines Gilmour's playing nicely.

Since you're interested in guitar playing it's worth noting that part of Bob Ezrin's success can be attributed to bringing in Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter along as session guitarists, including on the Peter Gabriel (I) album.

94What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 am

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:If you like/liked Alice in Chains, their new disc is really, really good from what I've heard so far. It's uncanny how much the new guy sounds like Layne. Awesome stuff so far.

took me a while to warm up to them since I am a big Layne fan, but DuVall seems to have the chops down now. Seein them in MTL in March cant wait What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 805406

95What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's awesome. Lee Michaels, huh? Have to check more of his stuff out.

He's a one-hit wonder on the strength of a single called "Do You Know What I Mean".

Since you're interested in guitar playing it's worth noting that part of Bob Ezrin's success can be attributed to bringing in Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter along as session guitarists, including on the Peter Gabriel (I) album.

Huh, I didn't realize that.

I don't know if I'm as interested in guitar work as much as I really appreciate it when it's done properly - especially in the context of a song or an album. For everything that Genesis had (my favourite group), including one of the best drummers in the world in Phil Collins, keyboardist Tony Banks and the obvious power of Gabriel's voice, quite often it would be Steve Hackett's guitar that would meld the sound together and make it as powerful as it was - and still is today.

96What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

While I appreciate some of the music listed here (who doesn't love pink floyd and neil young), I thought I'd post my top three so far this month just to try to broaden the gmhockey musical spectrum:

1) John Scofield- A Go Go: a Jazz/funk fusion featuring the mind blowing trio of Martin, Medesky, and Wood.

2) Chris Duarte- Tailspin Headwack: a rock/blues/jazz fusion.

3) Blind Pilot- 3 Rounds and a Sound: heard one of their songs on a soundtrack somewhere and liked it. Got the whole album and am not regretting it. I have a feeling they may be pretty mainstream in Canada by now but I really have no clue whats big up there these days. If they're not, check 'em out for an easy listen.

97What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice, I always like suggestions in music.

98What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:

The fat drummer in the Lee Michaels video I posted recorded and toured with Chris Duarte.

99What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

The fat drummer in the Lee Michaels video I posted recorded and toured with Chris Duarte.

Frosty? Ahhhhh!

100What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Frosty? What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 805406

The very same. What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 235689

101What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:46 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

I didn't know John Daly played the drums...and so well too!

102What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

I didn't know John Daly played the drums...and so well too!

Foooooooooooore! What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 842777

103What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm still pissed about the game. This cheers me up every time. Maybe some of you will feel the same way. Smile

104What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Huh, I didn't realize that.

I don't know if I'm as interested in guitar work as much as I really appreciate it when it's done properly - especially in the context of a song or an album. For everything that Genesis had (my favourite group), including one of the best drummers in the world in Phil Collins, keyboardist Tony Banks and the obvious power of Gabriel's voice, quite often it would be Steve Hackett's guitar that would meld the sound together and make it as powerful as it was - and still is today.

Who doesn't love Genesis' Horizons (Foxtrot, 2nd side). It's a most amazing acoustic guitar melody ever; I just wish it was a little longer

105What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
Who doesn't love Genesis' Horizons (Foxtrot, 2nd side). It's a most amazing acoustic guitar melody ever; I just wish it was a little longer

That is a wonderful composition by an amazing guitarist - and a prelude to one of the greatest rock classics of all time, Supper's Ready.

This is a 9 minute version of Supper's Ready - a 22+ minute epic:

106What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:00 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 270956

107What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prepare to have your face melted with blazing guitar, your soul shaken
by thunderous drums and your brain shattered with screaming vocals...

Not for the faint of heart.

All hail Helloween! What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 43150

108What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:48 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

yep im into the pop generation
Mr. Ozwald - a night to remember

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum