GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fans will do their usual complaining but that wasn’t a terrible game by any means. First game back from Europe and they out shor and our attempted them all night. Islanders set a record for blocked shots. That’s all that team does when they get a lead

Forsberg is very shaky pretty much every start

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Fans will do their usual complaining but that wasn’t a terrible game by any means. First game back from Europe and they out shor and our attempted them all night. Islanders set a record for blocked shots. That’s all that team does when they get a lead

Forsberg is very shaky pretty much every start

I don’t know.
They fell apart and let three goals in no time. That’s a problem.
And it’s not just a tonight problem.

The bigger problem is they didn’t use to do this in prior years for the most part. They use to lose games with much closer scores and used to bounce back quite fast when they got scored on. It’s like they can’t compose themself when they start getting scored on.

They should settle the play then go on the offencive. I think it was chychrun that tried to move the game forward but just exposed the team?
As much as he’s great, he’s playing with JBD that just can’t cover for him.

The team needs to play a better defensive system.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Offensively we're doing fine and that's without Greog and Pinto.

Defensively we're a tire fire

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Has Boucher played a game yet in Belleville?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am blown away that I woke up this morning and didn't see a notification that DJ was fired. That was probably the biggest beatdown of a team that I have ever seen. We lost in EVERY category of that game

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let’s see what we have with Chabot (and Greig) back first before firing a coach for being 8-9. Chabot is our best or second best dman

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am blown away that I woke up this morning and didn't see a notification that DJ was fired. That was probably the biggest beatdown of a team that I have ever seen. We lost in EVERY category of that game

They did not bring it on the ice.
Seriously. If your coaching cannot motivate your team in any way.

It’s time for DJ to go. No matter how much Tkachuk likes the guy.

Thing is. I don’t want one of our assistant to become interim either.

I hope Staios has his GM hat on and they get a replacement on a short term deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Let’s see what we have with Chabot (and Greig) back first before firing a coach for being 8-9. Chabot is our best or second best dman

It’s not just about defense.
This team isn’t motivated.

DJ is pretty much over in Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Let’s see what we have with Chabot (and Greig) back first before firing a coach for being 8-9. Chabot is our best or second best dman

They were plenty motivated two games ago

I don’t see a point firing him this season

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

But see, that’s inconsistency for you.

You’re not expected to win every game. But you’re not expected to take nights off.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

But see, that’s inconsistency for you.

You’re not expected to win every game. But you’re not expected to take nights off.

Every ream does in an 82 game season. I agree we have some nights though for sure. DJ won’t be here next year so I’d have no issue firing him, but I don’t see us making the playoffs now anyway just due to the East being so hard

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Keep in mind our last two wins were in OT/shootout where we came from behind or gave up a 4 goal lead.

We could very well be 6-11 right now. Defensive zone breakdowns continue to be the problem. It has been for years

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Keep in mind our last two wins were in OT/shootout where we came from behind or gave up a 4 goal lead.

We could very well be 6-11 right now.  Defensive zone breakdowns continue to be the problem.  It has been for years

They could easily have three or four more wins as well. Doesn’t work that way. Tons of other teams also have loser points and we don’t. Sens are still positive in goal differential. They are only at the basement because of games played

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Keep in mind our last two wins were in OT/shootout where we came from behind or gave up a 4 goal lead.

We could very well be 6-11 right now.  Defensive zone breakdowns continue to be the problem.  It has been for years

They could easily have three or four more wins as well. Doesn’t work that way. Tons of other teams also have loser points and we don’t. Sens are still positive in goal differential. They are only at the basement because of games played

They're in the basement because of poor team defense. If you apply their win percentage to the games in hand, they'll have an extra 2 or so points, which still keeps them in the basement.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The would have 5-6 more points and would be right behind Tampa

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not Tampa, the other teams behind them

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've had enough of DJ. No defensive structure whatsoever and it's been like this for 5 years with an almost complete roster overhaul. Chabot used to be a true #1, we added Chychrun and Sanderson. We've gone through multiple goaltending "upgrades". Dorion is gone. Melnyk is gone. Two things remain - the coaching staff and the lack of defensive awareness. It's time.

Hire Jaques as interim with an advisory role promised if the new GM chooses to go in another direction next season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I've had enough of DJ. No defensive structure whatsoever and it's been like this for 5 years with an almost complete roster overhaul. Chabot used to be a true #1, we added Chychrun and Sanderson. We've gone through multiple goaltending "upgrades". Dorion is gone. Melnyk is gone. Two things remain - the coaching staff and the lack of defensive awareness. It's time.

Hire Jaques as interim with an advisory role promised if the new GM chooses to go in another direction next season.

The team seems to like DJ. I'd move him vs firing him, in maybe an office role maybe centered on player development or player liaison role. Keep him with the org but not behind the bench.

As for coach, I'd be open Roy for coach and GM. He's a nut but he knows how to win.

I do think we need a legitimate coach, not some rookie coach we can hire on the cheap. A Boudreau, Julien, Gallant, Laviolette type of coach. Someone who isn't afraid to piss off the players. Jacques Martin would be fine too but he can't win in the playoffs. I guess that's the same knock with Boudreau.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum