GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Hockeyhero22000


Veteran
Veteran
Could be trying to keep Gustavsson playing in Belleville with Mandolese on the taxi

Hockeyhero22000


Veteran
Veteran
Sens sign Angus Crookshank to entry level deal today as well



Last edited by Hockeyhero22000 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hogberg close to coming back, maybe Murray injury is more serious? But still gives you Daccord, Gustavsson, Mandolese, Andre (for now anyway). There is also Sogaard who could also be lent to the AHL (not sure how that works)

Sogaard is in Europe

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Demko is really good.

That was a crap OT on our part.

Gotta like the amount of skill we have to head into a shootout. Even if we lost. You could see speed of execution and the skill. This ain’t the senators that used to put Bobby Ryan out there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I really like Dzingel's game. he creates chances and produces on the bottom lines
i'm sure i'm not the only one to have noticed. i'm sure quite a few GM's are asking themselves if it was just a bad match in Carolina or at least could he help their team in the playoffs.

i'd like th sens to resign him and Dzingel might be open to that possibility since he's rebounding nicely i would imagine.

but here's what i'm wondering. seems like there will likely be more buyers than sellers in the Canadian division and since the quarantine orders would force players to go without playing for 14 days is there not a chance that the sens could get a higher price for this player at the deadline?

what are your opinions as to what Dzingel could fetch?
ina normal year, logic would dictate that he could possibly get us a 4rth or 5th as there is a degree of uncertainty as to how he would produce outside of ottawa and how he was scratched in both Columbus and Carolina.

but with the current situation, could he fetch us a 3rd? possibly a second?

i'm curious.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I really like Dzingel's game. he creates chances and produces on the bottom lines
i'm sure i'm not the only one to have noticed. i'm sure quite a few GM's are asking themselves if it was just a bad match in Carolina or at least could he help their team in the playoffs.

i'd like th sens to resign him and Dzingel might be open to that possibility since he's rebounding nicely i would imagine.

but here's what i'm wondering. seems like there will likely be more buyers than sellers in the Canadian division and since the quarantine orders would force players to go without playing for 14 days is there not a chance that the sens could get a higher price for this player at the deadline?

what are your opinions as to what Dzingel could fetch?
ina normal year, logic would dictate that he could possibly get us a 4rth or 5th as there is a degree of uncertainty as to how he would produce outside of ottawa and how he was scratched in both Columbus and Carolina.

but with the current situation, could he fetch us a 3rd? possibly a second?

i'm curious.

Yeah, he's an interesting case.  His advanced stats are decent (https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/d/dzingry01.html) and he's obviously got speed and some finish.  He was always one of those guys I assumed would wind up in Pittsburgh as a relatively cheap linemate for Malkin or Crosby, or in Edmonton to play with Draisaitl or McDavid.

The Islanders are reported to be planning to be aggressive in seeking help, especially since Anders Lee is done for the year. Maybe a fit there?

Could definitely see him fetching maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder if he continues to play well down the stretch.  The deadline is April 12, so there's still about three weeks to let things play out.  I'm not quite sure where his defensive game is at, but he's kind of that ideal 3rd line guy that can produce offensively, and then move up or down the lineup and play the PP if required.  I'm not sure if there are locker room concerns or coachability issues given the way he's bounced around a bit.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
I'd keep him personally. Like you said, he's an ideal third line guy that would probably pair well with White and Dadonov.

What's driving me crazy is Connor Brown playing top six minutes right now. Guy needs to be a bottom-pairing forward, third line at most.

XXX-XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX-XXX
Dzingel-White-Dadonov
C.Brown-Paul-Watson

Then you have Norris, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Pinto, Formenton, L. Brown, Abramov, to round out your top-six.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd keep him personally. Like you said, he's an ideal third line guy that would probably pair well with White and Dadonov.

What's driving me crazy is Connor Brown playing top six minutes right now. Guy needs to be a bottom-pairing forward, third line at most.

XXX-XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX-XXX
Dzingel-White-Dadonov
C.Brown-Paul-Watson

Then you have Norris, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Pinto, Formenton, L. Brown, Abramov, to round out your top-six.

Brown is a RW, he’ll never play LW. Paul has strictly played LW his entire time in Ottawa.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bishop as our 4th line C next year

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I really like Dzingel's game. he creates chances and produces on the bottom lines
i'm sure i'm not the only one to have noticed. i'm sure quite a few GM's are asking themselves if it was just a bad match in Carolina or at least could he help their team in the playoffs.

i'd like th sens to resign him and Dzingel might be open to that possibility since he's rebounding nicely i would imagine.

but here's what i'm wondering. seems like there will likely be more buyers than sellers in the Canadian division and since the quarantine orders would force players to go without playing for 14 days is there not a chance that the sens could get a higher price for this player at the deadline?

what are your opinions as to what Dzingel could fetch?
ina normal year, logic would dictate that he could possibly get us a 4rth or 5th as there is a degree of uncertainty as to how he would produce outside of ottawa and how he was scratched in both Columbus and Carolina.

but with the current situation, could he fetch us a 3rd? possibly a second?

i'm curious.

Yeah, he's an interesting case.  His advanced stats are decent (https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/d/dzingry01.html) and he's obviously got speed and some finish.  He was always one of those guys I assumed would wind up in Pittsburgh as a relatively cheap linemate for Malkin or Crosby, or in Edmonton to play with Draisaitl or McDavid.

The Islanders are reported to be planning to be aggressive in seeking help, especially since Anders Lee is done for the year.  Maybe a fit there?

Could definitely see him fetching maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder if he continues to play well down the stretch.  The deadline is April 12, so there's still about three weeks to let things play out.  I'm not quite sure where his defensive game is at, but he's kind of that ideal 3rd line guy that can produce offensively, and then move up or down the lineup and play the PP if required.  I'm not sure if there are locker room concerns or coachability issues given the way he's bounced around a bit.

He’s been pretty good, I think he’d stick around for cheap knowing it didn’t work out the first time he left. He’s also a great guy so no character concerns there. He wouldn’t get much money.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Paul *can* play center, and Brown *can* play LW. The other option is moving Brown to RW and taking Watson out.

Bishop has impressed. I can see him being 4C also but for only a year or two. Keep in mind Stutzle is going to be a C (maybe?) and Pinto will be given every chance to make the NHL next year. And then there's Logan Brown. So while I can see White moving to RW to make room for someone like Pinto, I am not sure I see Bishop here for anywhere more than 1 year

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Plus, guys like Connor Brown and Nick Paul are the types of players you don't base roster decisions around. If Brown needs to move to the left then he goes to the left.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Paul *can* play center, and Brown *can* play LW. The other option is moving Brown to RW and taking Watson out.

Bishop has impressed. I can see him being 4C also but for only a year or two. Keep in mind Stutzle is going to be a C (maybe?) and Pinto will be given every chance to make the NHL next year. And then there's Logan Brown. So while I can see White moving to RW to make room for someone like Pinto, I am not sure I see Bishop here for anywhere more than 1 year

Connor Brown has never played LW and won't move there. Our RW next year if none are moved are Batherson, Dadonov, Brown, and Watson. We are pretty set there unless they upgrade one or Dadonov is taken by Seattle if exposed.

Yes, Bishop would just be short-term.



Last edited by Ev on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Plus, guys like Connor Brown and Nick Paul are the types of players you don't base roster decisions around. If Brown needs to move to the left then he goes to the left.

Brown won't though, guys don't just move for the sake of it. He's a proven player who plays close to 20 minutes some nights. Paul could move to C as that is his natural position, but I don't think he has the puck handling ability. He also could be snapped up by Seattle.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Did i miss something? Brannstrom assigned to the AHL and Zub to the taxi squad? Why is Zub going to the taxi squad?

Sometimes I feel Dorion is making moves solely to get this team to tank.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:Did i miss something? Brannstrom assigned to the AHL and Zub to the taxi squad? Why is Zub going to the taxi squad?

Sometimes I feel Dorion is making moves solely to get this team to tank.

Team to bank, not team to tank.

Zub probably has to do with saving money. Brannstrom because they want to keep Wolanin and he needs to essentially play out the year

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Did i miss something? Brannstrom assigned to the AHL and Zub to the taxi squad? Why is Zub going to the taxi squad?

Sometimes I feel Dorion is making moves solely to get this team to tank.

Zub was moved for money purposes as a lot of teams are doing. Brannstrom will be playing in Belleville at least two games as Ottawa is off for the next four days

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Did i miss something? Brannstrom assigned to the AHL and Zub to the taxi squad? Why is Zub going to the taxi squad?

Sometimes I feel Dorion is making moves solely to get this team to tank.

Team to bank, not team to tank.

Zub probably has to do with saving money. Brannstrom because they want to keep Wolanin and he needs to essentially play out the year

Team could move on from him, wouldn't make a difference

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
I think the team needs to decide whether or not they want to keep Wolanin or Reilly going forward. Neither Brannstrom or Wolanin have outplayed Reilly and they can send Brannstrom down, get him more ice-time and encourage his development. Belleville sure as hell needs players down there.

I guess the next three weeks will be telling for Wolanin as the team approaches the deadline and figures out if he's part of the future or if they plan on keeping Reilly past this year.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum