GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 23]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Did i miss something? Brannstrom assigned to the AHL and Zub to the taxi squad? Why is Zub going to the taxi squad?

Sometimes I feel Dorion is making moves solely to get this team to tank.

Zub was moved for money purposes as a lot of teams are doing. Brannstrom will be playing in Belleville at least two games as Ottawa is off for the next four days

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Did i miss something? Brannstrom assigned to the AHL and Zub to the taxi squad? Why is Zub going to the taxi squad?

Sometimes I feel Dorion is making moves solely to get this team to tank.

Team to bank, not team to tank.

Zub probably has to do with saving money. Brannstrom because they want to keep Wolanin and he needs to essentially play out the year

Team could move on from him, wouldn't make a difference

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
I think the team needs to decide whether or not they want to keep Wolanin or Reilly going forward. Neither Brannstrom or Wolanin have outplayed Reilly and they can send Brannstrom down, get him more ice-time and encourage his development. Belleville sure as hell needs players down there.

I guess the next three weeks will be telling for Wolanin as the team approaches the deadline and figures out if he's part of the future or if they plan on keeping Reilly past this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think the team needs to decide whether or not they want to keep Wolanin or Reilly going forward. Neither Brannstrom or Wolanin have outplayed Reilly and they can send Brannstrom down, get him more ice-time and encourage his development. Belleville sure as hell needs players down there.

I guess the next three weeks will be telling for Wolanin as the team approaches the deadline and figures out if he's part of the future or if they plan on keeping Reilly past this year.

Hard pass on Reilly.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Reilly hasn't been as bad as public perception seems to be (a few very visible gaffs have been latched onto). That said, he's filler and will be replaced when people outplay him.

Our defense remains the weakest part of the NHL team. Until we have capable defense, it's hard to criticize the goalies. From Craig Anderson to every other goalie we've used for the past couple of years, there's a reason the stats aren't good.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
He's been okay - better than public perception I agree - I am not a fan and can admit to that. But he's not part of the future, which is compiling the fanbase's issues with him. People rather see Brannstrom than Reilly and as a result they focus on Reilly's gaffs and use it as an excuse to justify pushing him out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's been okay - better than public perception I agree - I am not a fan and can admit to that. But he's not part of the future, which is compiling the fanbase's issues with him. People rather see Brannstrom than Reilly and as a result they focus on Reilly's gaffs and use it as an excuse to justify pushing him out.

Agreed, and then there's also numerous examples of Brannstrom being weak defensively, getting bodied off pucks, etc. There are zero easy answers for the Sens blueline right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's been okay - better than public perception I agree - I am not a fan and can admit to that. But he's not part of the future, which is compiling the fanbase's issues with him. People rather see Brannstrom than Reilly and as a result they focus on Reilly's gaffs and use it as an excuse to justify pushing him out.

Agreed, and then there's also numerous examples of Brannstrom being weak defensively, getting bodied off pucks, etc.  There are zero easy answers for the Sens blueline right now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sens should move on from Brannstrom and trade him while he still has 'elite' value. He won't be more than a bottom-pairing d-man in Ottawa unless he plays on his off-side. I'd be looking at what LA has to offer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
If we move Brannstrom for a top-six forward prospect (and it may include adding Brown into the deal) I'd be totally okay drafting another d-man with our top-five pick. Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Fagemo would be my targets.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Dorian was saying on team 1200 Daccord is out for the season. And the plan was for Brown to centre stützle and Batherson

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Dorian was  saying on team 1200 Daccord is out for the season. And the plan was for Brown to centre stützle and Batherson

Yeah, I just saw the Daccord news. That really sucks. So he might not play again until September. What a Dung blow for the organization and him and his development.

And the line about Brown centering our top line just reeks of BS from Dorion, but whatever.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Dorian was  saying on team 1200 Daccord is out for the season. And the plan was for Brown to centre stützle and Batherson

Yeah, I just saw the Daccord news.  That really sucks.  So he might not play again until September.  What a Dung blow for the organization and him and his development.  

And the line about Brown centering our top line just reeks of BS from Dorion, but whatever.
Interesting as that’s not at all what’s been shown so far.

Brown hasn’t even shown he deserves a spot in the NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Have you guys been watching Mard and Wallace?

I have to admit that they are at least pulling through with the interviews. Alfie, on the first and now karlsson? The usual TSN can’t usually pull that off. I guess it’s methot pulling at old teammate but it makes for some fun sens content that might have been lacking.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Have you guys been watching Mard and Wallace?

I have to admit that they are at least pulling through with the interviews. Alfie, on the first and now karlsson? The usual TSN can’t usually pull that off. I guess it’s methot pulling at old teammate but it makes for some fun sens content that might have been lacking.

Yep, it's good stuff. My buddy helps produce it for them. I don't listen or watch many hockey podcasts (or any other podcasts for that matter), but this one is up there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:Have you guys been watching Mard and Wallace?

Also BFR and The Drake.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Any of you guys play goal? Or at least have goalie gear? Start stretching.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Any of you guys play goal?  Or at least have goalie gear?  Start stretching.

Laugh1

I’m quite intrigued to see gustavsson again play for Ottawa.
He played fairly well in that short showing.

I wonder if they will though. Did they mention if Forsberg was gonna be taking the lead or was he brought in to support? Win and you’re in?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Any of you guys play goal?  Or at least have goalie gear?  Start stretching.

Laugh1

I’m quite intrigued to see gustavsson again play for Ottawa.
He played fairly well in that short showing.

I wonder if they will though. Did they mention if Forsberg was gonna be taking the lead or was he brought in to support? Win and you’re in?

I would imagine he plays tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum