GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oh man are the Leafs ever in trouble

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Gotta give props to Lagoon. Raymond is one hell of a player Clapping

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Oh man are the Leafs ever in trouble

"Business casual" was not supposed to apply to their defensive play.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Gotta give props to Lagoon. Raymond is one hell of a player Clapping

Ok, Lagoon.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Are you calling me Lagoon? Because I'm not. I just remember him being very pro Raymond (and anti Stutzle). I'm happy with Stutzle but Raymond looks like a hell of a player

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Are you calling me Lagoon? Because I'm not.  I just remember him being very pro Raymond (and anti Stutzle). I'm happy with Stutzle but Raymond looks like a hell of a player

Was just a joke.

Ive got nothing against Raymond. He looks ok so far. But he was never in consideration for our pick. Stutzle so far looks like the top player of the class, but he needs to shoot more. I'd probably still take Laf #1.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Are you calling me Lagoon? Because I'm not.  I just remember him being very pro Raymond (and anti Stutzle). I'm happy with Stutzle but Raymond looks like a hell of a player

Was just a joke.

Ive got nothing against Raymond. He looks ok so far. But he was never in consideration for our pick. Stutzle so far looks like the top player of the class, but he needs to shoot more. I'd probably still take Laf #1.

Right now I 100% agree that Stutzle is the best pick of the draft. Lundell and Raymond are definitely going to push the envelope. I didn't think Lafrenniere looked like anything special.

I've seen a lot of posts on Sens Twitter about Cole Sillinger's quick start and how Ottawa should have drafted him. The skill might not be there but I stand behind the decision to draft Boucher. This team will never compete with older, more physical teams unless they have players like Boucher who can come in and score 10-15 goals but more importantly be a deterrent on the ice. Two games in a row where the opposite team has had its way with the Sens, We didn't see that a lot of physical play last year as the Canadian teams don't play that brand of hockey but we need a Kreider, Wilson, etc type of player to be a dung hole and to protect the smaller players. Maybe it was a reach at 10 but there are only a few guys every year that can bring that kind of impact to a team and that's what the Sens are missing right now. If my option is Sabourin or Boucher I am taking Boucher every time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Was just a joke.

Right now I 100% agree that Stutzle is the best pick of the draft. Lundell and Raymond are definitely going to push the envelope. I didn't think Lafrenniere looked like anything special.

I've seen a lot of posts on Sens Twitter about Cole Sillinger's quick start and how Ottawa should have drafted him. The skill might not be there but I stand behind the decision to draft Boucher. This team will never compete with older, more physical teams unless they have players like Boucher who can come in and score 10-15 goals but more importantly be a deterrent on the ice. Two games in a row where the opposite team has had its way with the Sens, We didn't see that a lot of physical play last year as the Canadian teams don't play that brand of hockey but we need a Kreider, Wilson, etc type of player to be a dung hole and to protect the smaller players. Maybe it was a reach at 10 but there are only a few guys every year that can bring that kind of impact to a team and that's what the Sens are missing right now. If my option is Sabourin or Boucher I am taking Boucher every time.

Yeah if he’s anything like Wilson, it’s a great pick. Dude was a hell of a player for the caps tonight. I don’t see a star in Sillinger anyway, so even if he becomes better I don’t think they missed out on much. This draft pick won’t make or break the team

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Was just a joke.

Yeah if he’s anything like Wilson, it’s a great pick. Dude was a hell of a player for the caps tonight. I don’t see a star in Sillinger anyway, so even if he becomes better I don’t think they missed out on much. This draft pick won’t make or break the team

Agreed. Some of these rookies get off to hot starts and then sort of fade into the abyss and become very average. Boucher isn't going to put up 60 points a year but he's going to make others on the ice better simply based on being a physical presence.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher may "wake up and choose violence" (as one prospect analyst said) but he's a few inches and a couple cheeseburgers (per week, over the summer) below Wilson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The whole Chicago sexual abuse coverup just gets more gross the more than comes out about it.

Turns out Joel Quenville didn't want to report it or do anything about it because he was concerned about team chemistry. Kevin Cheveldayoff was also part of the coverup. Apparently Gary Bettman is going to meet with both of them. There's not really an acceptable outcome here except both of them being fired as far as I'm concerned.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The whole Chicago sexual abuse coverup just gets more gross the more than comes out about it.

Turns out Joel Quenville didn't want to report it or do anything about it because he was concerned about team chemistry.  Kevin Cheveldayoff was also part of the coverup.  Apparently Gary Bettman is going to meet with both of them.  There's not really an acceptable outcome here except both of them being fired as far as I'm concerned.  

Knowing the NHL they won’t fire them. They’ll be some symbolic gesture and some commitment to better practice.
Maybe Bowman loses his job or steps down but that’s it.

The NHL is far from being progressive In anything it does.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I would imagine, whether Q gets fired or not, this will have an effect on the room in Florida. There goes one of the undefeated teams. He *should* absolutely get fired as this is worse than Peters (as it's affecting people outside of the NHL so it cannot be handled internally).

Bowman has already resigned (even though he has a somewhat weak but potentially plausible excuse of being new in the job and relying on people above him, who have been there longer, doing "the right thing"). Hard to believe that Chevy and Q will get off scott free, but this old-boys club is a viper's nest.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If I were betting, I would bet they won’t be fired or stepping aside.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm guessing the only way that they get canned (Chevy and Quenville) is if they can terminate their contracts and not have to pay anymore...which I imagine would be a difficult path to go down.  

Shameful Dung.

Can the NHL suspend coaches/GMs?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm guessing the only way that they get canned (Chevy and Quenville) is if they can terminate their contracts and not have to pay anymore...which I imagine would be a difficult path to go down.  

Shameful Dung.

Can the NHL suspend coaches/GMs?

I don’t think there’s enough evidence to support either being suspended (from the league and teams point of view). The blame lies way more on management and other staff IMO

Sorry i meant fired - I think they could be suspended a bit for sure

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Babcock was fired. Peters was fired. Of course they were not leading the Division and one of the remaining undefeated teams. Always easier to fire a coach who's not doing well. I would be surprised if he was fired or even suspended; but it would be the right move.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Toews and Kane and other players must've known what was going on or at least heard the rumours as well. It's in the report that Quenville said he didn't want to upset team chemistry so they couldn't deal with it during the playoffs. And then he later lied about now knowing about the allegations.

The whole thing is disgusting, and ideally every party involved should be held accountable. I don't know Quenville in particular can be allowed to remain a coach when this was his response to a player being sexually abused.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum