GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal Stinks

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lukas Raymond and Lundell both having good nights tonight. What a great draft class. Hope Stutzle starts filling the net soon

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gotta love Montreal being sunk another game and by San Jose.
Maybe it allows us to eat a little on San Jose after this one.

Ontreal missing the playoffs this year will be pretty sweet

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Erik Karlsson with a 3 point night Thinking

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Gotta love Montreal being sunk another game and by San Jose.
Maybe it allows us to eat a little on San Jose after this one.

Ontreal missing the playoffs this year will be pretty sweet

Yes - that would be excellent. I personally think Bergevin is a slimeball and hope he doesn't rush Carey Price back from whatever he is dealing with.

I thought them telling the public that Price is injured prior to the expansion draft should have led to a fine or discipline. He missed zero time after the team reported he may need hip surgery and miss a significant portion of the season. This after their controversial 1st rd pick...

Good riddance

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bergevin is rumoured to be going to the Kings. I suspect he won't last the season (it's his contract year).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you look at the standings for the Atlantic right now, it's like it's upside down.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Bergevin is rumoured to be going to the Kings.  I suspect he won't last the season (it's his contract year).  

Gross. He'll find a way to screw up that almost perfect rebuild

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’d take bergevin in a heartbeat. He built a cup contender

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I’d take bergevin in a heartbeat. He built a cup contender

I get that by definition last year's Habs were "cup contenders" but they're far from a legitimate cup contending team this year. The organization is atrocious at drafting and developing their own prospects

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I get that by definition last year's Habs were "cup contenders" but they're far from a legitimate cup contending team this year. The organization is atrocious at drafting and developing their own prospects

Even if they weren't true contenders, he built a good team and makes good trades.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Even if they weren't true contenders, he built a good team and makes good trades.

Definitely a good trader.

Galchenyuk for Domi, Domi for Anderson and Pacioretty for Suzuki/Tatar + were steals. On the flip side, the Drouin for Sergachev trade was pretty brutal, the Alzner signing was terrible, and we'll see what happens with Hoffman this year and over the next few years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Definitely a good trader.

Galchenyuk for Domi, Domi for Anderson and Pacioretty for Suzuki/Tatar + were steals. On the flip side, the Drouin for Sergachev trade was pretty brutal, the Alzner signing was terrible, and we'll see what happens with Hoffman this year and over the next few years.

I think he’s a very average GM that was lucky to have a few moves turn his way.
He’s got the weight of deep pockets to take on large contracts and bury players.
You put him in a market that has restrictions and he’s got his thumbs up his Donkey.

Also he didn’t have much to do with the drafting, it’s been Trevor Timins for years.how they haven’t overhauled their scouting department is beyond me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been saying for years he's a terrible GM who lucked into an elite level goaltender for a few years. Every move this past off season he patched holes with lesser players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else think the Raymond-Larkin-Bertuzzi line seems eerily similar to the Naslund-Morisson-Bertuzzi line?

Perhaps an Eastcoast Express

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oh man are the Leafs ever in trouble

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Gotta give props to Lagoon. Raymond is one hell of a player Clapping

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Oh man are the Leafs ever in trouble

"Business casual" was not supposed to apply to their defensive play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum