GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ovi moves I to the top 5 tonight.
He could possibly and probably move into the top 3 before the end of the season. It’s crazy.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Suzuki first and now pullock… 8 years deals just flying out the window.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Feeling better, now?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

8 x $9.5 for McAvoy. Holy-moley.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot at 8x8 is a steal.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Ovi moves I to the top 5 tonight.
He could possibly and probably move into the top 3 before the end of the season. It’s crazy.

The fact that he is doing it with lockouts and a COVID shortened season is amazing

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Chabot at 8x8 is a steal.

It is. Now we need to find a way to get Norris, Pinto and Stutzle to team-friendly deals..

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, Evander Kane just doesn’t know how to help himself.

I don’t know how the shark will rid themselves of his contract but he’s on a short leash. Could be done in the NHL in a quick order.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For those wondering, Kane has been suspended for 21 games for an "established violation" of the NHL/NHLPA COVID-19 protocol. He tried to fake proof of vaccination and got caught. If he just declined to get vaccinated he would have missed 9 games the Sharks play in Canada. No wonder he loses so much money gambling -- he's not good with numbers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think the whole Kane situation will lead to a contract termination which will free up money for SJ to bring in Eichel. I just don't know what SJ really has to offer aside from their 1st rd picks. Their prospect cupboards are bare, their higher priced d-men all have NMC/NTC.

I suppose they could move Meier, 2 1sts, and something else.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is about a week old (written before the suspension):
https://www.fearthefin.com/2021/10/12/22715388/evander-kane-investigation-san-jose-sharks-vaccine-card-cba-questions

It mentions that using a phony vaccination card is a felony (???) and that would allow the Sharks to tear up his contract -- assuming they would want to, of course. This was the case when Richards was caught bringing cocaine over the US/Canada border and the Kings terminated his contract. While they still had to pay him *some* of it, it did not count against their cap.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rumours are that San Jose might trade Hertl. Apparently he's on an expiring contract.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This is about a week old (written before the suspension):
https://www.fearthefin.com/2021/10/12/22715388/evander-kane-investigation-san-jose-sharks-vaccine-card-cba-questions

It mentions that using a phony vaccination card is a felony (???) and that would allow the Sharks to tear up his contract -- assuming they would want to, of course. This was the case when Richards was caught bringing cocaine over the US/Canada border and the Kings terminated his contract. While they still had to pay him *some* of it, it did not count against their cap.

They should do it. I suspect the PA will put up a fight though. Montreal will end up signing him. Nice history of Bergevin drafting and signing players with bad reputations.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to Macramalla, they can't:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2021/10/19/voiding-evander-kanes-contract-over-his-fake-vaccination-card/?sh=530d74a957f6

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Rumours are that San Jose might trade Hertl.  Apparently he's on an expiring contract.

If they can’t get him to resign they likely will.

I’m not sure this until we near the trade deadline tho.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal Stinks

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lukas Raymond and Lundell both having good nights tonight. What a great draft class. Hope Stutzle starts filling the net soon

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gotta love Montreal being sunk another game and by San Jose.
Maybe it allows us to eat a little on San Jose after this one.

Ontreal missing the playoffs this year will be pretty sweet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum