GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So the Habs beat Toronto last night. Are the Leafs in trouble? All these third period collapses and not being able to beat the bottom-feeders. Any team who forechecks hard is going to beat them. If the playoffs were to start today they play Tampa in the first round. Yikes

When you say "are they in trouble?" what do you mean exactly?  The rest of the regular season is quite meaningless in the Eastern Conference, and the Leafs are always in trouble the moment the playoffs start.  It will be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline.
Three straight losses, 4 wins in their last 10, and before this bad stretch they were blowing huge leads. Their goaltending has also been really bad and now Muzzin is hurt. They continue to lose to bad teams as their skill is consistently overshadowed by other teams' forececk and harder work. Imo it's another first rd exit. Matthews is a UFA after two more seasons too.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Good God they almost blew a 7-1 lead going into the third period. I doubt they will win too many games 10-7 in the playoffs. Detroit came back to make it 6-7 and were on a power play. Leafs scored a shortie to make it 8-6 but the Wings scored another. Total barn burner.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Good God they almost blew a 7-1 lead going into the third period.  I doubt they will win too many games 10-7 in the playoffs.  Detroit came back to make it 6-7 and were on a power play.  Leafs scored a shortie to make it 8-6 but the Wings scored another.  Total barn burner.  

Campbell and Leafs defense not cutting it. Mrazek keeps having injury issues. Can't see the Leafs going on a deep run. They're in trouble

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Buffalo and Craig Anderson having their way with the Leafs last night was delightful.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Buffalo and Craig Anderson having their way with the Leafs last night was delightful.

Yeah a deep playoff run is going to be tough. Florida or TB in the first round. Both teams are deeper, have better defense, and goaltending....

They better address their goaltending at the deadline. Pretty jokes that Leaf pundits think Mrazek is the answer. Guy can't stay healthy or string together a good stretch of hockey. Bet they're wishing they still had Andersen. 29-7-2, .930 sv%, 2.03 GAA. Yet he was the problem all along in Toronto...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah ahahahah I love that Andersen is killing it. He definitely was never the main problem in Toronto.

All that said, which team could use Anton Forsberg more than the Leafs? Might be a real good fit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andersen was the Leafs' Lalime. Just couldn't do it in the playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Andersen was the Leafs' Lalime. Just couldn't do it in the playoffs.

Andersen had one poor year in the playoffs (2018) for the Leafs and was very good for the other years. His stats in his last playoff year with the Leafs were fantastic. He was never the problem for them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Andersen was the Leafs' Lalime. Just couldn't do it in the playoffs.

Andersen had one poor year in the playoffs (2018) for the Leafs and was very good for the other years.  His stats in his last playoff year with the Leafs were fantastic.  He was never the problem for them.  

Lalime was great in the playoffs, too (.926 1.77 lifetime).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can anyone explain to me how Minnesota trading for Weber’s salary will help their cap situation? Something about cap recaptured due to their other buyout but it doesn’t make sense to me how adding his contract, even on LTIR, helps them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Minnesota trading for Weber’s salary will help their cap situation? Something about cap recaptured due to their other buyout but it doesn’t make sense to me how adding his contract, even on LTIR, helps them.

I don't think we, lesser mortals, are even allowed to understand.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, there are some whacky rules about LTIR and cap recapture and whatever. It's dumb.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Are we still getting Fiala? Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Are we still getting Fiala? Facepalm

This suggests he could be asking for $7 or higher:
https://zonecoverage.com/2021/wild/finding-the-right-contract-for-kevin-fiala-and-the-wild

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Colorado first team to load up.
Manson on D and then Sturm.
let's see what these other contenders do before the deadline but for now that looks pretty good.

I imagine that means Linholm will be resigned in Anaheim.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's going to take a creative package for Colorado to add Giroux. They don't have a lot of picks or cap space though the Sturm deal does open things up for them.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't really see the need for Fiala to be honest.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm so torn on what to do with Forsberg. You're seeing teams like Edmonton, Toronto, Vegas, and Washington needing goaltending and there doesn't seem to be anyone aside from Fleury out there.

Then you look at Ottawa. Gus had a shaky outing, Murray is out, Mandolese is out, and Sogaard is coming off an injury. He means more to us now (and next year) then any third rd pick we're going to get. But to keep him for him to walk away for nothing at the end of the year doesn't make sense either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum