GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 33]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Phillip Danault to the kings is a bit odd. With their depth at the C position. Maybe this signals that they will be trading some prospects? Are they still in the running for Eichel?
Eichel, Kopitar and Danault. You’re not gonna need that much more. Maybe they’re getting ready to make a pitch for Eichel because they can certainly afford it now.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Grubauer to Seattle is got to hurt colorado a little bit. If I’m not wrong they don’t have a viable option to replace him.

Paul

Prospect
Prospect
sup boys!

Paul

Prospect
Prospect
Forgot my Cap'n Clutch password and the admin settings aren't sending me my forgotten password. Couple that with not remembering how to get to my Cap'n Clutch GM Hockey email to retrieve it and I'm kinda borked

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Paul wrote:Forgot my Cap'n Clutch password and the admin settings aren't sending me my forgotten password.  Couple that with not remembering how to get to my Cap'n Clutch GM Hockey email to retrieve it and I'm kinda borked

Hahaha. We’ve all been there.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Welcome back

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Paul wrote:Forgot my Cap'n Clutch password and the admin settings aren't sending me my forgotten password.  Couple that with not remembering how to get to my Cap'n Clutch GM Hockey email to retrieve it and I'm kinda borked

Welcome back Clutcher!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So, Clutch (sent you a PM, by the way), are you swimming in the C of Red now or still cheering on the Sens?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Krejci announces he's returning you the Czech republic to finish his career. So much for his connection to Gatineau.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Krejci announces he's returning you the Czech republic to finish his career. So much for his connection to Gatineau.

His only connection was playing in junior. He wasn’t going to sign here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Of course not. But that didn't stop Sens Twitter from hoping.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Eichel saga is weird. At this point Buffalo might just keep him on IR. He needs surgery to repair or replace a disc in his neck. That's some serious sh*t. Why would anyone trade for him now? At the very least wait until results from surgery are known and recovery time can be better estimated.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:The Eichel saga is weird. At this point Buffalo might just keep him on IR. He needs surgery to repair or replace a disc in his neck. That's some serious sh*t. Why would anyone trade for him now? At the very least wait until results from surgery are known and recovery time can be better estimated.

Im not a fan of eichel. I don’t even know that I’d want him on the sens. On ice he’s great. It’s in the room that my biggest question marks are.

That said, I think he’s right about the surgery. It seems to me that the only sticking point is that it’s never been done on an NHLer.
The process itself has been done countless amount of times and has been done on many high performance athletes and they are still performing effectively.

The fusion surgery that the sabres are hoping for has a history of not being back the athletes to their full capacity and is a surgery that will likely have to be done again in the life of the patient.

I think Buffalo made a mistake here and should let Eichel get the surgery. His value will be higher once it’s complete and the recovery is shorter so they will be able to trade him by the early part of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hmm, did not know this:
https://www.spine.md/artificial-disc-replacement/artificial-disc-replacement-recovery-time/

On average, artificial disc replacement recovery time takes about 3-5 weeks; however, artificial disc replacement recovery time varies from patient to patient. Many patients can return to light activities and desk work within 1 week, but a few may not be at full activity level for up to 3 months. Importantly, since the vertebrae do not need to fuse together after artificial disc replacement surgery, recovery time is shorter than it is for spinal fusion surgery.

If 3 months is the far end of the range then he (being an elite athlete with on-call access to professional physiotherapists and state-of-the-art facilities) is much more likely to resume skating before main camp even starts.

Imagine an NHL center with fused vertebrae in his neck. So much for "keeping your head on a swivel". It's (seemingly) a no-brainer decision. Why are they still at the starting gate?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets. NHL is investigating.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It’s sad really that one could make so much money in a career, gamble some much of it away and can’t be able to manage enough of it to last a lifetime.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Evander Kane is a piece of garbage and none of this surprises me. Probably not meritless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum